The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 January 2008, 03:12 AM   #271
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Computer was lagging
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 03:12 AM   #272
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Computer was lagging
Old 3 January 2008, 03:12 AM   #273
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tags_girl_ View Post
:) Thank you JJ.
Carolina, my boyfriend and I went out to this really fancy place for New Years eve, and we wanted to try something other than our normal boring hamburgers and such. So I ordered a very pricey lobster dish. Long story short, I had a great night until about three in the morning where I was so sick I stayed up until daylight before being able to get back in bed. (And of course, as soon as I did, I got sick again.) And yesterday I couldn't eat anything solid, and barely drank anything, and ended up fainting and hitting my back against the corner of the wall here at home.
It has NOT been a good new years for me so far. I can't wait to get better
Oh no. Getting sick from seafood is the worst! I hope you are feeling better soon!
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 03:14 AM   #274
Ashley
"TRF" Member

:) Thank you. I called in sick to work yesterday, thank God I got out of my shift today.
Old 3 January 2008, 03:14 AM   #275
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
:) Thank you JJ.
Carolina, my boyfriend and I went out to this really fancy place for New Years eve, and we wanted to try something other than our normal boring hamburgers and such. So I ordered a very pricey lobster dish. Long story short, I had a great night until about three in the morning where I was so sick I stayed up until daylight before being able to get back in bed. (And of course, as soon as I did, I got sick again.) And yesterday I couldn't eat anything solid, and barely drank anything, and ended up fainting and hitting my back against the corner of the wall here at home.
It has NOT been a good new years for me so far. I can't wait to get better
Sorry to hear about your predicament, Ashley. Hope you get better real soon!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 03:23 AM   #276
Carolina
"TRF" Member

BTW, Elaine - thanks for starting this thread!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 03:38 AM   #277
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Shame Ashley! I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick. Sounds pretty bad. Hopefully it's out of your system. Try drink some gatorade and eat some dry toast if you can manage. You're probably dehydrated and having something in your stomach will help. Get well soon!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 03:59 AM   #278
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Posting simply because I want to hit post #600!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 04:01 AM   #279
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Posting simply because I want to hit post #600!
No problem with that! LOL!
Old 3 January 2008, 12:03 PM   #280
kcmo
"TRF" Member

GIIIRRRLLLLSSSSSSSSSS?

Where is everyone?
Old 3 January 2008, 12:11 PM   #281
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Oh! I'm giving baths, wrestling a baby in my lap, ordering lamps and curtains for the girls' rooms, meeting plumbers, doing laundry, shopping for a chest of drawers... been a busy day but don't feel that I've accomplished much.

Anyhow, found out we can't have a tankless water heater - we don't have the right kind of venting in place in the basement and we'd need a serious plumbing overhaul to get it. Instead the plumber recommended a new tank with better heating ability, so we're going that route.

Better get going - I may check in later....
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 12:14 PM   #282
kcmo
"TRF" Member

You have had a busy day Lisa! Hmmm, hopefully a new tank will do the trick. Plumbing can get mighty expensive as you already know!

Not much going on here...just watching TV and surfing the forum!
Old 3 January 2008, 12:45 PM   #283
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Pat, you rock! Besides, you know that girls love guys in a band...
Oh stop it... Flattery will get you everywhere

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 12:51 PM   #284
Elaine

Watch: Rodium Diamond DJ
hi alll .... didnt get a chance to log in here much ... hows things ?
Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 12:53 PM   #285
Elaine

sorry to here about your food poisoning ............
Old 3 January 2008, 12:55 PM   #286
Elaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
GIIIRRRLLLLSSSSSSSSSS?

Where is everyone?
i am finally back karis !!!!!!!
Old 3 January 2008, 01:12 PM   #287
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Hey girls!!! I'm shopping for rugs/dining tables online. Gotta run, but wanted to pop in!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 01:13 PM   #288
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Wow - I'm up to 604. JJ, watch out!!!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 02:09 PM   #289
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey girls!!! I'm shopping for rugs/dining tables online. Gotta run, but wanted to pop in!
What kind of rug? I've just been through the same thing - but for the girls' rooms, so it's funky color shag I've been after. Are you looking for something for the living or dining room?

Have you checked Home Depot? I gotta say, for the less expensive "persian" type rugs, they have some pretty ones. We ordered a 9' by 12' for the living room 3 years ago, and we still are very happy with it.

As for dining table - new or old?
Old 3 January 2008, 02:15 PM   #290
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Pat, what's the acoustic guitar(s) you have at home?
Old 3 January 2008, 02:17 PM   #291
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
What kind of rug? I've just been through the same thing - but for the girls' rooms, so it's funky color shag I've been after. Are you looking for something for the living or dining room?

Have you checked Home Depot? I gotta say, for the less expensive "persian" type rugs, they have some pretty ones. We ordered a 9' by 12' for the living room 3 years ago, and we still are very happy with it.

As for dining table - new or old?
I need an 8'x10' or 11' for the dining area. I'm glad you mentioned Home Depot - I like their prices, but wasn't sure on the quality.

As for dining, I'm looking for something with simple lines, or maybe Arts and Crafts. Crate and Barrel has a nice Mahogany extension table that hubby likes, but I'm holding out for a A&C bargain if I can find one. If I could afford an antique Stickley, I'd grab it!!

My problem, to my husband's dismay and irritation, is that I like to look, and look, and look... Man - I need to go to bed!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 02:58 PM   #292
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I need an 8'x10' or 11' for the dining area. I'm glad you mentioned Home Depot - I like their prices, but wasn't sure on the quality.
Carolina, here's a pix from two Christmases ago that shows our Home Depot rug in our old living room. Kind of a Jacobean pattern... It's held up well and cost under $600, if I remember correctly! I guess I'm a cheapskate but with 3 kids in the house, if I invested in a nice, expensive rug I'd absolutely lose years off my life every time something was spilled on it!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 3 January 2008, 03:12 PM   #293
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Pat, these pics are for you (a few of hubby's guitars):

[IMG][/IMG]

When you were playing in your band, he was the soundman for a couple different local bands. He credits that with the almost total loss of hearing in his left ear!

Last edited by Lisa; 3 January 2008 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: add 'nuther photo
Old 3 January 2008, 08:12 PM   #294
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Huh... flossing his hair you say? Wow, looks like he's got more guitars than arms and fingers to play them. I'm seeing multiple SG Std's, an LP, Telly and Strat... Is that a Wah-Wah peddle I see on the floor? Ha, that's a hoot. Ask your hubby if he remembers a Big Muff Pi? I have an original. Ok I'm aging myself. Great gear he's got there. I take it you have him sequestered to a room off the beaten path somewhere for all that stuff. Great "guy" stuff but not for public consumption. Anyway, this is not girl talk so I'll keep it brief.

Thanks for the peek into your world. Does he still play regularly? I hope so with all that stuff. It's always fun and cathartic to spend a couple hours 'noodling'. Here's a couple links of my own...

But wait, there's more(now)...
Rocking out...
I remember hair...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 09:07 PM   #295
chuanlim

Quote:
:( I wish I was at the coffee shop with everyone. I have terrible food poisoning. Happy New Years though!
was it the red lobster??

hope u get well soon
chuanlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 09:10 PM   #296
chuanlim

Quote:
My husband is definitely a "minimalist", and I am to a lesser extent. But, my children are not (you know what I'm talking about, Lisa! ). We stayed with friends over the holidays that have ZERO clutter, and everything is in its place. So today, on my childrens last day of vacation, hubby suggested that I go upstairs to their bedroom and our office - and "declutter" by throwing out and reorganizing. He thought they would enjoy helping.

I said "no way"! That's a project for the weekend (or for when they are at a sleepover)!
yup its hard picking up after ur kids. a good reference for me regards home decor and interior design would be WALLPAPER magazine. cool stuff. its the bible of design gurus.
chuanlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2008, 10:38 PM   #297
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Nice, Lisa! Although our "style " is not traditional, I was thinking of throwing in a Persian style rug to warm things up a bit. Nothing like mixing styles and eras!

It's definitely a challenge to find something of value that you like, that will stand up to little kids and hairy dogs. We just visited friends who bought a lovely dining table. It's covered in a red vinyl tablecloth (for X-mas) - which they declared "is not coming off until the boys are in college"!
.Member #5380
Old 3 January 2008, 10:39 PM   #298
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuanlim View Post
yup its hard picking up after ur kids. a good reference for me regards home decor and interior design would be WALLPAPER magazine. cool stuff. its the bible of design gurus.
Thanks! I'll have to check that one out!
.Member #5380
Old 4 January 2008, 12:40 AM   #299
Lisa
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Incurable;402142]Huh... flossing his hair you say? Wow, looks like he's got more guitars than arms and fingers to play them. I'm seeing multiple SG Std's, an LP, Telly and Strat... Is that a Wah-Wah peddle I see on the floor? Ha, that's a hoot. Ask your hubby if he remembers a Big Muff Pi? I have an original. Ok I'm aging myself. Great gear he's got there. I take it you have him sequestered to a room off the beaten path somewhere for all that stuff. Great "guy" stuff but not for public consumption. Anyway, this is not girl talk so I'll keep it brief.

Thanks for the peek into your world. Does he still play regularly? I hope so with all that stuff. It's always fun and cathartic to spend a couple hours 'noodling'. Here's a couple links of my own...

But wait, there's more(now)...
Rocking out...
I remember hair...[/QUOTE

My husband will love those pictures! Do you still have that black Les Paul?

Yes, that's a Wah Wah pedal. He's had, or still has, some kind of Big Muff you speak of. He often trades/sells/buys from guys online. Constantly rotating stock. It's all quite foreign to me, though I sense it brings him great contentment.

He kept his stuff in the "Junk Room" - a room added on to our previous house in 1946. I show it to my girlfriends to see their reactions - it's quite a place, full of old military radios, amps, guitars, old advertising clocks, tools. Men love the place - it's a definite Man Cave. Women scratch their head and wonder, "Why?" It was intended as an extra bedroom, but he uses it as an above ground basement. Our new house actually has a basement, so he'll be keeping all the stuff down there.

Once we get the basement renovation finished he'll have his music room. He hasn't played in three weeks and it's hurting him, he says.

If you're ever in the area, join him for a jam session!
Old 4 January 2008, 12:49 AM   #300
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice, Lisa! Although our "style " is not traditional, I was thinking of throwing in a Persian style rug to warm things up a bit. Nothing like mixing styles and eras!

It's definitely a challenge to find something of value that you like, that will stand up to little kids and hairy dogs. We just visited friends who bought a lovely dining table. It's covered in a red vinyl tablecloth (for X-mas) - which they declared "is not coming off until the boys are in college"!
As for the "Stickley," arts-and-crafts era stuff, have you checked out "American Bungalow" magazine? Great source for ideas. I was glued to every issue for a while there!