The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 July 2017, 12:22 AM   #391
Heartlandblaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Humble but mine!
Fantastic return from near death!
Heartlandblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 12:59 AM   #392
madgoal1
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII, Sub, ExpII
Great job! Congrats on the Degree as well and good luck on your future endeavors. I hope the OP will be happy with the watch, maybe he will be able to enjoy it now.
madgoal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 02:42 AM   #393
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Wonder what freefly thinks.
Uhtred59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 02:44 AM   #394
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhtred59 View Post
Why?
I am sure he has 100% respect for William, and pleased the OP is sorted.

Why would he want less?

adam
Old 28 July 2017, 03:11 AM   #395
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

wow..simply amazing work..
and love the community...
congrats on your graduation and upcoming opportunities William..
when you are ready for a side job...I will hit you up
Old 28 July 2017, 04:29 AM   #396
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
If freefly isn't interested in answering that is fine, but what you Adam thinks he might think isn't really on point.
Uhtred59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 05:11 AM   #397
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhtred59 View Post
I would be interested in that, as well.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 06:58 AM   #398
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
William, you are an inspiration. Thank You for making the world and TRF so wonderful.

OP - Thank you for being a class act. Despite the issue, you kept your composure.

I love this place and I am happy to see that Explorer alive again.
Old 28 July 2017, 07:02 AM   #399
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
I have only been on the forum 2-3 days. Already read some of the most amazing stories with good ending.

A recent story of mine that I was on the opposite side of the deal. Sold my Galaxy S7 to someone on Ebay. I cleaned, exam, packaged the phone carefully to make sure the phone is in good condition. Two weeks after phone was delivered by UPS. The buyer contact me saying the phone was damaged (back cover was coming off). I asked why he didn't contact me the day he received the phone. He said he wasn't home for 2 weeks and the phone has just been sitting on his couch unopened. I tried to work with the buyer. I researched online and offered him a solution and reasonable partial refund. He wouldn't accept it and said it will cost a lot more to get it repaired by Samsung. He then started calling me a scammer/liar. Saying the reason I suggested the solution is because I knew the phone was damaged. I told him to just ship the phone back to me and I will give him the full refund. Buyer did not stop the harassments, continue to call me names and other verbal abuse. I finally was done talking to him. Told him to just file a claim with Ebay and whatever Ebay decides, I will comply.
For anyone selling on Ebay. Be careful. Ebay will always favor the buyer unless buyer openly admit in the communication that he/she damaged the item. Ebay decision favored the buyer and asked him to ship the phone back to me and pulled fund from my Paypal account to give to the buyer. As this point, a whole month has gone by. I waited 10 days, no return tracking number was provided. I contact Ebay. They said buyer has two weeks (10 business days) to return the item. Surely, on 10th business day, I checked ebay and a tracking was posted.
Two days later, I got the package. I actually picked it up from the post office since no one was home to sign for it. I opened the box immediately when I got home. There was a Samsung Galaxy 7 box wrapped in bubble wrap. I opened the box and guess what! No phone. Only the earphone and a UBS adaptor. I immediately took a video. I checked the Samsung box. The buyer intentionally ripped off the sticker that has the serial number and IMEI number.
I went on ebay and report it. Luckily, ebay had me file a cyber crime report with FBI and refund me the money out of their own pocket. I later found out the buyer runs a used phone sales/repair shop. I bet he has done this before and out to scam me (and Ebay) from the beginning. Take advantage of the buyer protect.
Anyway, lesson learned. Be careful buying and selling online.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 08:32 AM   #400
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

Please provide the eBay buyers name for us as protection.
Old 28 July 2017, 11:50 AM   #401
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLGT View Post
Please provide the eBay buyers name for us as protection.
jm-theo is the buyer's username.
Old 28 July 2017, 01:49 PM   #402
Oyster84
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126613LB
Awesome thread... William, you sir are a class act :)
Oyster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 01:53 PM   #403
Star Ferry
Banned

Even with all the scratches, could the seller not have still gotten $3500-4000 without misrepresenting anything?

Whole thing should have been avoided... but that polish job was like magic. it looks like a new watch
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:40 PM   #404
MGWT
Banned

Watch: Submariner
I almost bought that watch as it has my birthday. I'm after a beater explorer :)
MGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 03:15 AM   #405
Edwolf1963
"TRF" Member

Watch: 11650, 116710blnr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
William, you are an inspiration. Thank You for making the world and TRF so wonderful. OP - Thank you for being a class act. Despite the issue, you kept your composure.
I started following this thread initially and had forgotten about it till now. Great catching up and happy to see an awesome outcome. William, you're truly a class-act! Great work!
Edwolf1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 06:08 AM   #406
yxc145
"TRF" Member

No response from Schnipples24. Did he get the watch yet?
Old 29 July 2017, 06:31 AM   #407
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Hello my good friends!

Sorry about my absence work has been keeping me extremely occupied.

William, phenomenal job, you are a class act. I received the watch last night, it was shipped back to me express next day! WITH an additional Rolex Cleaning Cloth. It looks beautiful, and I am eternally grateful. I cannot say enough good things about this man, he has been extremely responsive and his willingness to help out a complete stranger speaks volumes about his character.

I was sick to my stomach when I first received the watch, never had any problems before buying/selling for years. When I first made the post to this forum, I never would have expected the outpouring of support and care this community has provided.

To the couple people who refuted my claim, or said I was simply overreacting. That is fine and I understand it is always necessary to try and objectively look at every situation. However I think William backing up my claim shows I was authentic in my original complaints with the seller.

To the seller Mr. Connor. If you are reading this you are a dirtbag, and karma is real. I hope the next Rolex you buy is a beat up piece of a shit. You are a coward. I was holding out hope at first that this was all one big misunderstanding, but now I am ecstatic to see you banned.

Thank you to the TRF community and for all the support.
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 07:26 AM   #408
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Awesome to see you got this handled at least in the only possible way left. How about a wrist shot?!
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 07:26 AM   #409
Sundaydriver
Banned

Watch: Seamaster, GMT II
Bravo to William and congrats to Schnipples!

You two are both class acts and should be very proud of yourselves!
Sundaydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 07:55 AM   #410
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, watch looks great, a happy ending after all
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 08:51 AM   #411
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Hello my good friends!

William, phenomenal job, you are a class act. I received the watch last night, it was shipped back to me express next day! WITH an additional Rolex Cleaning Cloth. It looks beautiful, and I am eternally grateful. I cannot say enough good things about this man, he has been extremely responsive and his willingness to help out a complete stranger speaks volumes about his character.

I was sick to my stomach when I first received the watch, never had any problems before buying/selling for years. When I first made the post to this forum, I never would have expected the outpouring of support and care this community has provided.

To the couple people who refuted my claim, or said I was simply overreacting. That is fine and I understand it is always necessary to try and objectively look at every situation. However I think William backing up my claim shows I was authentic in my original complaints with the seller.

To the seller Mr. Connor. If you are reading this you are a dirtbag, and karma is real. I hope the next Rolex you buy is a beat up piece of a shit. You are a coward. I was holding out hope at first that this was all one big misunderstanding, but now I am ecstatic to see you banned.

Pledges are still open. Pay it forward OP!!!!!!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 10:38 AM   #412
Golden Ellipse
2024 Pledge Member

So disappointed to have never heard from the Seller
Golden Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 11:28 AM   #413
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Hello my good friends!

You sir held yourself with dignity and kept my respect during this whole public debate...
You offered every chance for the seller to rectify without lowering yourself to public shaming and even with the naysayers you still kept your cool.....

With attitudes like yours is what makes this forum a great place and keeps it always comfortable to come back to as it gives the feeling that im "amongst friends"

William.... what i said above and with the addition of "class act"
Your generosity and care for a complete stranger is more of what this world needs and from someone that has followed this thread daily from the first day i would like to thank you...... albeit no personal involvement from myself i felt like i watched the horror of the OP and felt his unhappiness .... watching you do that for a fellow member was a wonderful thing to see and gave me a smile and reassured me that the is still a lot of good people in this world... so for that i thank you.

as for the seller............ well enough has been said and without ever hearing his side of the story i have 1 work for you KARMA

Well done gents and im happy to see a happy ending... wear your shiny new toy in good health
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 12:58 PM   #414
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
All around amazing. This is what makes this community so special. I hope the seller finds himself.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2017, 03:07 AM   #415
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Pledges are still open. Pay it forward OP!!!!!!!
Fair point.

That said, I'm genuinely glad this turned out as it did.
Kingface66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2017, 12:07 PM   #416
Harvie
Banned

Watch: Yes
Now it is time for the members here to step up and donate to the repair so one member alone does not shoulder all the cost.

Where could I donate a few bucks towards the restoration?
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2017, 10:37 PM   #417
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
Now it is time for the members here to step up and donate to the repair so one member alone does not shoulder all the cost.

While not a large cost I'm not sure why forums members should pick up the costs.

The only person responsible for this should be Anothernewphone but I imagine you'd be more likely to find rocking horse droppings than Bill growing a backbone and fronting up to this.

William made a very generous offer, not for personal gain but to help a fellow member out and has rightly been applauded for this.

The main beneficiary of this sorry episode is schnipples24. Granted he received a watch in a very poor condition but thanks to William is the proud owner of a near mint Explorer for what is now a very reasonable price. I think as long as schnipples24 has covered any cost's incurred by William, for example shipping, then everyone is happy and that should be the end of it.

If schnipples24 wanted to go further, yes as others have stated maybe a pledge membership would be a nice touch.

Just my humble opinion

PS - Still waiting for the wrist shots

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 01:58 AM   #418
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Quote:

Nice gesture but I don't think William wants or expects payment for his act of kindness. I think the gratitude and praise of the OP and all of the members here are sufficient. I know when I do something from the heart and the recipient feels obligated to compensate, I will always refuse.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 02:16 AM   #419
William.L.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 & 16013
Quote:

No need for monetary donations, none of this was ever about money.. Cuban cigars though, that's another story I'd definitely accept cigar donations lol.
Tudor GMT
Serti GMT
William.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2017, 02:34 AM   #420
benvh
"TRF" Member

Congrats to the OP for handling it well and getting it sorted out in the end. William, such a nice gesture and what great work!

Ben
benvh is offline   Reply With Quote