The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2024, 01:10 AM   #451
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Congratulations!

There is something about the red on a white dial that makes it so appealing. Like the red “daytona” on a white 116520 or red GMT hand on the polar 16570.. just a nice touch.

Thanks for sharing a fantastic wristshot here buddy

Thank you. It’s so good in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 01:20 AM   #452
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Likely just me, i but actually think that the new speed master makes the white dial daytona 126500LN look a little dated somehow

No doubt that Omega nailed it
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 03:12 AM   #453
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
Likely just me, i but actually think that the new speed master makes the white dial daytona 126500LN look a little dated somehow

No doubt that Omega nailed it
Thinking the same. White dial speedy vs black ceramic daytona would make a wonderful pairing.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 03:16 AM   #454
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Thinking the same. White dial speedy vs black ceramic daytona would make a wonderful pairing.
So would a 321

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 03:23 AM   #455
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Agree!
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 04:02 AM   #456
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
So would a 321
Oh and that would be most spectacular!

Hope all is well with you my friend :-)
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 04:03 AM   #457
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Oh and that would be most spectacular!

Hope all is well with you my friend :-)

Thanks my friend and hope same with you! Cheers,

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 06:36 AM   #458
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Ok I left it with my normal SA to see if she can come up with the goods.

I am going to pair with my 60th anniversary Speedy.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 09:22 AM   #459
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126334 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Ok I left it with my normal SA to see if she can come up with the goods.

I am going to pair with my 60th anniversary Speedy.
Good luck! Did you get an ETA?
Midlifegoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 09:58 AM   #460
codecow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifegoals View Post
Good luck! Did you get an ETA?
No. They don’t even have Omega in my state, but the buyer is on the east coast and they have them there. She didn’t seem to think it would be a problem but we’ll see.

Unfortunately the Mrs bought a tennis bracelet haha.
Old 17 March 2024, 10:02 AM   #461
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
New white speedy pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
How many Rolexes are above retail these days? Off the top of my head I can think of 3 that I couldn’t get within 3 months, at retail or below.

Omega doesn’t have nearly the brand awareness that Rolex has.

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 10:22 AM   #462
DLCU2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Go Broke
I put my name down as soon as I tried it (I'm on the list for both the bracelet and rubber and will take whatever comes first)

The watch is so good in person... those on the fence should really try to make it to an OB and try it on.

Quote:
No doubt a readily available piece in 6 months. A great looking model and obtainable at a fair pricing point by the mass is a wonderful thing!

Anyone else tried in person?
Old 17 March 2024, 11:43 AM   #463
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCU2 View Post
I put my name down as soon as I tried it (I'm on the list for both the bracelet and rubber and will take whatever comes first)

The watch is so good in person... those on the fence should really try to make it to an OB and try it on.
I could not believe how good it was in person. There are exactly zero pictures or videos I’ve seen online which do it justice.
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 11:45 AM   #464
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
I could not believe how good it was in person. There are exactly zero pictures or videos I’ve seen online which do it justice.

Totally agree- I’m absolutely going crazy waiting for this watch. Really hoping I get it before Memorial Day.

Old 17 March 2024, 07:46 PM   #465
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Omega doesn’t have nearly the brand awareness that Rolex has.

Not sure that is correct. The speedmaster is the most famous chronograph in the world, ever!

I would have agreed that Rolex has more prestige.

Listen I love Rolex. I have loads of them. This idea that you shouldn’t buy the new white speedy because it will depreciate is what rattles me a little. I am just pointing out that nearly every Rolex you buy now at retail, will depreciate as well as soon as you leave the shop. Of course over time the retail price will go up which helps and as others on this thread have pointed out, this will happen to the white speedy as well. We shouldn’t however be feeding the myth that getting any Rolex is a cash cow and any omega is a poor choice. That just adds to the problem.

My boxing coach said to me 2 weeks ago, can you get me a Rolex as I need to spread my investments?! I spent 10 mins explaining to him where the watch market is. We landed on a Batman, as it’s clear he wanted a GMT anyway, and I will help him get one but I said on a few occasions he should be speaking to a financial advisor, not me!

Apologies if this has become a rant. I know a lot of you feel the same way as me and I know I am privileged to have the watches I have and enjoy the hobby the way I do. Omega have nailed this watch and the more people that buy it and appreciate it, the happier that makes me as a WIS.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 11:51 PM   #466
codecow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Not sure that is correct. The speedmaster is the most famous chronograph in the world, ever!

I would have agreed that Rolex has more prestige.

Listen I love Rolex. I have loads of them. This idea that you shouldn’t buy the new white speedy because it will depreciate is what rattles me a little. I am just pointing out that nearly every Rolex you buy now at retail, will depreciate as well as soon as you leave the shop. Of course over time the retail price will go up which helps and as others on this thread have pointed out, this will happen to the white speedy as well. We shouldn’t however be feeding the myth that getting any Rolex is a cash cow and any omega is a poor choice. That just adds to the problem.

My boxing coach said to me 2 weeks ago, can you get me a Rolex as I need to spread my investments?! I spent 10 mins explaining to him where the watch market is. We landed on a Batman, as it’s clear he wanted a GMT anyway, and I will help him get one but I said on a few occasions he should be speaking to a financial advisor, not me!

Apologies if this has become a rant. I know a lot of you feel the same way as me and I know I am privileged to have the watches I have and enjoy the hobby the way I do. Omega have nailed this watch and the more people that buy it and appreciate it, the happier that makes me as a WIS.

For WIS the reason to buy a watch is that you want the watch!

With that said, for some people the MSRP of this piece represents a lot of money. If your collection or pieces in your collection represent a lot of money then it’s nice to know you can get a lot of it back if you need it in the future.

I really don’t think you’re ever going to lose all that much on any moon watch, something like the sapphire sandwich 310.30.42.50.01.002 has a MSRP of $8k and on watchcharts it lists the market price as $6,183 which before tax would be -22% for an average example. The longer you hold it and wear it the better the deal it is, as long as you’re shifting it before it needs a service.

Then again, if depreciation is really an issue and you really like the watch, you can wait until the initial demand tails off and there are enough examples on the market and as long as it doesn’t need service you’re wearing it “for free”.

I agree about the heritage of the Speedmaster. It’s a classic and there’s something there for every collector.

BTW my boxing coach also asked me to get him a Rolex during the big run up. I told him no because it would mess up my allocations, and now he’s happy I didn’t.
Old 18 March 2024, 05:01 AM   #467
johnk
2024 Pledge Member

I’m waiting to see a NIB White Speedy listed here to purchase.........

johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 06:45 AM   #468
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Any intel from Omega Boutiques on upcoming shipments or future stock? Trying not to pester my OB more than once every 10 days or so... my full deposit went down last weekend!
Old 18 March 2024, 08:54 AM   #469
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk View Post
I’m waiting to see a NIB White Speedy listed here to purchase.........

Won’t have to wait too long. One was listed on Reddit for something like $11,000. He got laughed out of the room by many people.

Old 18 March 2024, 09:00 AM   #470
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Won’t have to wait too long. One was listed on Reddit for something like $11,000. He got laughed out of the room by many people.

As he should have! That kind of a premium isn’t worth the few months it’ll take to be more readily available.

Old 19 March 2024, 02:15 AM   #471
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Just picked up the new White Dial Speedmaster. Great looking watch and everything others have reported. I also picked up a Black Dial Speedmaster 3861 Sapphire from DaivdSW so I can do some comparison. On to ownership and wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240318_114217 (002).jpg (68.5 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg 20240318_114358 (002).jpg (67.8 KB, 481 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 02:23 AM   #472
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!! Nice pair, looking forward your review
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 04:03 AM   #473
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I'm shocked Theo and Harris would think that there will be that much of a premium on the white dial Speedy. I recall the green SMP 300 had a small premium before coming back down to earth (you can get brand new SMP 300 green for less than retail now).

Why would this non-limited, white dial Speedy command such a premium? I guess the wildcard is if Omega deliberately severely limits supply.

But already on this thread, it seems like people are going into ADs and getting white dials? Even if this initial supply dries out, I gotta believe prices will come down to earth in the secondary.....and I still can't see how this can be over 2x retail even in the short term.

BTW, Theo and Harris is a vintage watch store that has a presence on YouTube. I think there is a Theo who shows up on camera, but I've never seen "Harris". May just be a name to give it some kind of WASPy cachet.

I frankly find the guy's hopped up, caffeinated, presentation grating.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 11:25 AM   #474
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Just picked up the new White Dial Speedmaster. Great looking watch and everything others have reported. I also picked up a Black Dial Speedmaster 3861 Sapphire from DaivdSW so I can do some comparison. On to ownership and wear.

Congrats! Looking forward to a comparison review, however, I think they have a different focus of target customer. Black is the staple and best for first/only speedy, white great for expanding a Speedy collection. Just my personal opinion on it, and how I’d view a Speedy collection after owning a few of them.
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 12:26 PM   #475
Pooh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchfan1845 View Post
I know in HK there was just 10 allocated for the first month of release. Boutique sales reps are asking those who received allocations to keep quiet on social, because they're getting lots of upset VIP customers demanding (when they see another collector receive one and posting the new speedy on IG) "why did they get it before me???"

I told the Boutique sales reps that "at least you don't work for Rolex ADs", as at Omega they can almost always get a watch for someone if they're patient enough, that they actually have stock and more realistic wait lists...
Newbie in this interest and in this community.
Also left my name at HK BT. Hope to get it as a Xmas gift to myself!
Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 01:31 AM   #476
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I'm shocked Theo and Harris would think that there will be that much of a premium on the white dial Speedy. I recall the green SMP 300 had a small premium before coming back down to earth (you can get brand new SMP 300 green for less than retail now).

Why would this non-limited, white dial Speedy command such a premium? I guess the wildcard is if Omega deliberately severely limits supply.

But already on this thread, it seems like people are going into ADs and getting white dials? Even if this initial supply dries out, I gotta believe prices will come down to earth in the secondary.....and I still can't see how this can be over 2x retail even in the short term.

BTW, Theo and Harris is a vintage watch store that has a presence on YouTube. I think there is a Theo who shows up on camera, but I've never seen "Harris". May just be a name to give it some kind of WASPy cachet.

I frankly find the guy's hopped up, caffeinated, presentation grating.

I don’t see it commanding a premium for long if at all. There are a few that are hitting the secondary market with premiums and the listings are just being bumped without a sale.

The new owners of this beautiful piece are treating it like the white dial Daytona…which it’s not even close to in terms of being rare or hard to get

Old 20 March 2024, 02:07 AM   #477
DLCU2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Go Broke
Agreed. I hope nobody is feeding the flippers by buying this with a premium. This will be readily available soon enough...

Quote:
I don’t see it commanding a premium for long if at all. There are a few that are hitting the secondary market with premiums and the listings are just being bumped without a sale.

The new owners of this beautiful piece are treating it like the white dial Daytona…which it’s not even close to in terms of being rare or hard to get

Old 20 March 2024, 09:16 PM   #478
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:

The fact that there are a bunch in Chrono24 at $11-12K range makes me agree. I figured these might be in the $15K range initially. The market should settle in a couple months.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 11:07 PM   #479
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
The fact that there are a bunch in Chrono24 at $11-12K range makes me agree. I figured these might be in the $15K range initially. The market should settle in a couple months.

What it tells me is the market is confident that Omega will be doing the right thing by this watch by getting it out to would be buyers throughout this year. Let’s hope so anyway. Signs are good so far with quite a few people I know getting one, including members on TRF.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 12:34 AM   #480
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Where I am, these are now available from grey dealers at MSRP.

You’ve gotta be pretty thick in the head to want to pay over MSRP for this.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote