The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 30 January 2024, 06:45 PM   #31
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Are you messing with us?! If not, may I suggest therapy?. Seriously, ADs do not sell clones! They get their Rolexes directly from Rolex. Relax, or seek professional help, to deal with your paranoia. Best wishes.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course, not at all. I'm not messing up with anyone. I am here for healthy discussion, expressing my apprehensions and doubt, also trying to find out possible explanation of the findings. Of course they get watches directly from Rolex, but what if some disgruntled employee changed the watch? Or what if they replaced the crystal with fake one? That can also be possible?
Old 30 January 2024, 06:45 PM   #32
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
The lasered crown is perfect - you think it may be a fake?

If the layered crown was not perfect - you would still think it was a fake?

No clear winner here"

Old 30 January 2024, 06:51 PM   #33
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post

No clear winner here"
Many YouTube channels, text blogs, and discussions on Reddit emphasize that a genuine Rolex watch should exhibit an imperfect Laser Etched Crown (LEC) when viewed from different angles. In contrast, a perfectly consistent LEC may indicate the watch is fake.
Old 30 January 2024, 06:52 PM   #34
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
Did you buy the watch at an Ethos Ltd, brick and mortar store?

Or did you buy the watch from a guy on the street that wore an Ethos tee shirt?
Yes, from their flagship boutique in Chanakya Puri, New Delhi.
Old 30 January 2024, 06:55 PM   #35
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
AD’s don’t sell fakes, period.
Old 30 January 2024, 08:33 PM   #36
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
AD’s don’t sell fakes, period.
Well, I started doubting now. There's no possible explanation I've received from anywhere as to why Laser Etched crown on the crystal is too perfect? It should be distorted/misaligned if seen under the 10x or 20x magnification from different angles. So something is really off. :(
Old 30 January 2024, 08:45 PM   #37
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
If this thread is real, you are way overthinking it. Relax.
Old 30 January 2024, 08:51 PM   #38
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVINASHR View Post
Well, I started doubting now. There's no possible explanation I've received from anywhere as to why Laser Etched crown on the crystal is too perfect? It should be distorted/misaligned if seen under the 10x or 20x magnification from different angles. So something is really off. :(

With all due respect, something is not ‘really off’. Maybe someone is?

The most logical reason your newer Rolex has a better LEC could be a result of improvements in the factory’s equipment, processes, and procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 30 January 2024, 08:54 PM   #39
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post

No clear winner here"
Have to agree mate
Quote:
Many YouTube channels, text blogs, and discussions on Reddit emphasize that a genuine Rolex watch should exhibit an imperfect Laser Etched Crown (LEC) when viewed from different angles. In contrast, a perfectly consistent LEC may indicate the watch is fake.
And you believe everything you see read on the likes of YouTube etc, might I suggest you get rid of your loupe and your paranoia over your watch. Might I further suggest just forget about your LEC and just wear and enjoy wearing your watch in good health now thats far more important.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 30 January 2024, 08:56 PM   #40
AkshayArgade
"TRF" Member

I think u need to sell ur watch. All 3 infact. And please visit a doctor for your paranoia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 January 2024, 09:14 PM   #41
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
If this thread is real, you are way overthinking it. Relax.
Not overthinking mate, just trying to find out whether the watch is for REAL or fake, nothing else. My point being is what if AD sold me a fake one, or some disgruntled employee swap it with fake one. It can be possible, right?
Old 30 January 2024, 09:22 PM   #42
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
With all due respect, something is not ‘really off’. Maybe someone is?

The most logical reason your newer Rolex has a better LEC could be a result of improvements in the factory’s equipment, processes, and procedures.

May be, but there's no discussion about it anywhere over the internet. So either something is off, or may be the watch is not genuine. Funny thing is, RSC is not interested to authenticate the watch, but they can confiscate the watch if it turned out to be a fake one.
Old 30 January 2024, 09:34 PM   #43
77T

Quote:
Not overthinking mate, just trying to find out whether the watch is for REAL or fake, nothing else. My point being is what if AD sold me a fake one, or some disgruntled employee swap it with fake one. It can be possible, right?
Suggesting an AD is selling fake Rolexes is the definition of overthinking. Or that some disgruntled employee is swapping real ones with fakes. After all, that’s grand theft since the real one has to go somewhere other than the customer.

Quote:
May be, but there's no discussion about it anywhere over the internet. So either something is off, or may be the watch is not genuine. Funny thing is, RSC is not interested to authenticate the watch, but they can confiscate the watch if it turned out to be a fake one.

Your sole evidence is nobody on the internet is talking about better LECs?

Since you don’t trust the AD from your previous posts (speculating they sell fakes) and now you don’t trust the RSC - then why would you trust the internet?
Or any of us?
Or anything else?

See Oxford:

Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
“fool's er·rand”
noun
a task or activity that has no hope of success.

I’m not calling you a fool - I am saying the task you laid out to disprove a perfect LEC is “a task or activity that has no hope of success”.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 30 January 2024, 09:37 PM   #44
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Suggesting an AD is selling fake Rolexes is the definition of overthinking. Or that some disgruntled employee is swapping real ones with fakes. After all, that’s grand theft since the real one has to go somewhere other than the customer.

Your sole evidence is nobody on the internet is talking about better LECs?

Since you don’t trust the AD from your previous posts (speculating they sell fakes) and now you don’t trust the RSC - then why would you trust the internet?
Or any of us?
Or anything else?

See Oxford:

Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
“fool's er·rand”
noun
a task or activity that has no hope of success.

I’m not calling you a fool - I am saying the task you laid out to disprove a perfect LEC is “a task or activity that has no hope of success”.

it's not that I don't RSC, it's just that they just spoke to me over phone only and assured me that ETHOS, the AD; won't sell a fake watch, but when I asked them will they authenticate my watch, they said NO.
Old 30 January 2024, 09:48 PM   #45
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
There's your problem right there.

YouTube, Redit and social media generally give idiots a voice. Much of what is presented as fact on those channels is nonsense presented as fact.

Your Seadweller has a much thicker crystal than your Sub. The laser etched crown will appear different as a result.

The LECs on fakes tend to be "flat" (almost acid etched) whereas the real ones were more "3d" as the laser etches dots at different depths in the crystal. Its that, and how easily seen they are, not how perfect they look, that is the tell. I've seen lots of LECs on genuine watches that look exactly like yours does and I've seen several fakes which looked much less precise.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 30 January 2024, 09:55 PM   #46
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
There's your problem right there.

YouTube, Redit and social media generally give idiots a voice. Much of what is presented as fact on those channels is nonsense presented as fact.

Your Seadweller has a much thicker crystal than your Sub. The laser etched crown will appear different as a result.

The LECs on fakes tend to be "flat" (almost acid etched) whereas the real ones were more "3d" as the laser etches dots at different depths in the crystal. Its that, and how easily seen they are, not how perfect they look, that is the tell. I've seen lots of LECs on genuine watches that look exactly like yours does and I've seen several fakes which looked much less precise.
NO, it's just not my Sea-Dweller, I also have BLNR and Explorer - II (White); and all of their LEC looks misaligned when seen from different angles. Only my recent purchased Submariner's LEC seems too perfect. And there's absolutely nothing over the internet which says that LEC can be seen aligned too under different angles. So this is what freaking me out.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:01 PM   #47
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
All I can suggest is that you take it to the RSC in person. Let them examine it. Explain your concerns - don’t say where you purchased it.

If it’s fake they will tell you. If, having examined it they are happy that it’s real then you can have no further doubts.

What’s happened here is that you’ve now got a doubt as to the watch that only RSC can address. You’ve convinced yourself something is wrong. Phoning is no use. You have to visit in person to be satisfied.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:02 PM   #48
SubDate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
All, you a falling for a fake thread.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:08 PM   #49
SearChart
TechXpert

If you can't be convinced it's real than what are you doing here? Nobody can convince you.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:18 PM   #50
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
All I can suggest is that you take it to the RSC in person. Let them examine it. Explain your concerns - don’t say where you purchased it.

If it’s fake they will tell you. If, having examined it they are happy that it’s real then you can have no further doubts.

What’s happened here is that you’ve now got a doubt as to the watch that only RSC can address. You’ve convinced yourself something is wrong. Phoning is no use. You have to visit in person to be satisfied.

Understood. Probably I will ask them to check the accuracy of the watch (though the watch is keeping the Rolex's accuracy standard). This way they may examine the watch.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:19 PM   #51
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubDate View Post
All, you a falling for a fake thread.
Cm'on dude. Ain't a fake thread. What am I getting by creating a fake thread? 10 Daytona(s)?
Old 30 January 2024, 10:20 PM   #52
THC

Watch: 16610M
OP please confirm here, when they confirm, this was all in your head
Old 30 January 2024, 10:24 PM   #53
AVINASHR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
OP please confirm here, when they confirm, this was all in your head
Problem is, I've to fly around 2500 kms away from my place. The RSC is in Mumbai. They do have other service centers in Delhi but all of them are owned by one or another AD.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:25 PM   #54
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
I just checked both my watches and the laser etched crown looks perfect on both from all angles
Old 30 January 2024, 10:29 PM   #55
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

OP: Take or send your suspect watch to one of the three RSC's in New Delhi and Mumbai, and tell them to replace the crystal with a new one that has an imperfect LEC. Will likely cost less than the therapy sessions looming on your horizon.
Old 30 January 2024, 10:40 PM   #56
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
I just got a new sub date from my AD. LEC - Crown looks quite perfect. Maybe I’ll try to get decent pics sometime, but it’s not really worth it. It’s hard to capture.

Get your timing checked and let it go.
You are fine.

Congrats on a great watch!

Just another WIS who loves to trade.
@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 30 January 2024, 11:19 PM   #57
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Rolex Laser Etched Crown -- Too perfect

It’s real if you bought from an AD…

Stop over thinking and enjoy the watch.

By you going to the AD and accusing them of selling you a fake watch and escalating it to RSC… they will prob never sell you a watch again… lol. Why would they want to continue a relationship with you… you’re being a problematic client.

If you’re still not satisfied demand a refund… then you’ll def be blacklisted from the AD!!

Old 30 January 2024, 11:21 PM   #58
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Rolex Laser Etched Crown -- Too perfect

Best of you luck resolving your issue.
Old 30 January 2024, 11:25 PM   #59
slide13
"TRF" Member

New crystals are AR coated on the inside. Since the only way to see the LEC is to get light reflecting off it the AR coating is going to change how that looks, there will be less reflected light bouncing around off the interior surface of the crystal and so it’s not surprising that the LEC shows up more clearly in some light conditions compared to a crystal that is not AR coated.

Just a theory.
Old 30 January 2024, 11:28 PM   #60
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
The OP wants his Rolex to be fake it would seem.

My advice to the OP is to ask the AD if they are willing to take it back.

The next time the OP buys a Rolex, bring a loupe and make sure you get an imperfect looking LEC
Closed Thread