The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 February 2024, 11:52 PM   #31
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

It's always a good idea to try something on if you possibly can. I have got rid of two watches on the grounds of discomfort, one bought unseen, one bought after trying on which was not comfortable enough in the long term - even with a try on, some watches never settle in.

The only time I've tried on a Rolex which I loved until it was on my wrist was a full RG Sky Dweller. I always liked the RG variant and I jumped at the chance to try one on at my AD. It looked fantastic in the display case but for some reason it didn't look right on me at all.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:01 AM   #32
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
There are watches I didn’t really like when seeing them on the internet , but when I saw them in person, I was blown away by them (Hulk, Nomos Orion and Nomos Tangente).

And there are watches in the exact opposite category. I’ve seen watches on the internet that I thought I loved, but when I saw them in person, I didn’t like them so much (Cartier Santos, JLC Reverso).

I think in some cases, your expectations are so high, they simply can’t be fulfilled.

In other cases, your expectations are so low, it’s pretty easy for them to be exceeded quite substantially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:15 AM   #33
favx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan81 View Post
Maybe I’m a minority, but I’ve bought many watches from online sellers without being able to try them on and have never received it and been disappointed. I also buy clothes online. I haven’t tried clothes on at a store since I was a child. I guess, I know what size a 36mm is on my wrist, what a 40mm looks like, etc. Aside from size, I don’t know what would be different than the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, a lot of us buy things online that we haven't tried before.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:22 AM   #34
fishingbear
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
On the other side of this issue is sometimes you try a reference on that was nowhere on your buying radar and, boom, you have to have one.

This happened to me in Atlanta last year with the 126619LB once I put it on my wrist I couldn’t stop thinking about it
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2023-4-8-104432.jpeg (240.6 KB, 30 views)

GMT II 126719 Meteorite + GMT II 126710BLRO + Daytona 116500LN (White) + Submariner 16610LV + Explorer II 16570 Polar
+ Submariner 116610LV + GMT II 16713 Rootbeer + Sky-Dweller 336934 (Blue) + GMT II 16710 (Pepsi & Coke) + Sea-Dweller 116600

Breitling Premier B25 Datora

2FA Security Active
fishingbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 07:11 AM   #35
BigNasty66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan81 View Post
Maybe I’m a minority, but I’ve bought many watches from online sellers without being able to try them on and have never received it and been disappointed. I also buy clothes online. I haven’t tried clothes on at a store since I was a child. I guess, I know what size a 36mm is on my wrist, what a 40mm looks like, etc. Aside from size, I don’t know what would be different than the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly! IMO it's more about knowing your size and understanding what's fits you better, Having the opportunity to test and size them isn't also a bad idea.
BigNasty66 is offline   Reply With Quote