The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2023, 08:56 AM   #31
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Most likely the watch was unallocated, and the store was just looking for the right deal to bundle the watch with.
Either this . . or . . . they had another in the back anyway.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 09:28 AM   #32
ronsetoe
"TRF" Member

I get something every year from Adonis in Athens, but I have been dealing with them for over a decade, maybe more.
We also purchase jewelry but are not forced into it.
My wife got the TT 36mm Explorer this year, which I hate, but she likes it. I was offered that goofy left hand GMT thing but I declined.
I know these watches are not in demand, but they were exhibition only according to the sign.
The islands can be a little tougher but they will see almost 0 tourists for the next 6 months and maybe they were trying just get cash in the bank.
What island? Better luck next year!
ronsetoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 02:35 AM   #33
kmzandrew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsetoe View Post
I get something every year from Adonis in Athens, but I have been dealing with them for over a decade, maybe more.
We also purchase jewelry but are not forced into it.
My wife got the TT 36mm Explorer this year, which I hate, but she likes it. I was offered that goofy left hand GMT thing but I declined.
I know these watches are not in demand, but they were exhibition only according to the sign.
The islands can be a little tougher but they will see almost 0 tourists for the next 6 months and maybe they were trying just get cash in the bank.
What island? Better luck next year!
I've been seeing a lot of DJs and PM pieces (WG pepsi, RG root beer, bunch of DDs, etc.), as well as some less desirable SS pieces (explorer, deepsea) at the ADs in Glyfada and Vougliameni. My gut feeling is that they'll have some better SS pieces in the coming months, including subs.
kmzandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 03:17 AM   #34
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai
Batman? When I think of GMT I think of this

Old 25 October 2023, 03:24 AM   #35
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
For all those calling this AD a liar for selling the allocated BLNR, who's to say they don't have a few in the safe? I'm one of those (conspiracy theorists?) who believes ADs have had SS stock in the back this whole time, and likely a few multiples of some references, waiting for customers with deep pockets. Greece sees a lot of tourists and whales do get beached sometimes.

As do I but they would probably lose their Rolex AD status pretty quickly if they did.

And you would be 100% correct.

The only models they don’t have multiple of are the very hard to get Daytonas. Otherwise they have most of the models in the back. How do I know? They magically appear for me to try on or buy when I’ve asked. Now some were not available to buy but they have most of them. The only time I think they thinned out the inventory was in the beginning of Covid in 2020 when there was a LOT of concern about what would happen. I know someone who spent $1.2M at my AD buying everything they offered him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
124270 "R#" Explorer 1
79030B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 03:26 AM   #36
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
My friend could buy a Submariner with a Tudor from a Rolex AD in Saudi Arabia. I do not mind such package deal. Better than paying premium at the grey market. At least you still get a very well made watch that you can resell to recoup something or simply use it as another watch.
I'd take that deal any day!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 04:06 AM   #37
Mario3252
Banned

Watch: GMT
Welcome to the Forum.
Mario3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 10:36 AM   #38
987fanatic
"TRF" Member

I want to get a lady date just for my wife in 36 mm with the diamond bezel. ~20k. I wonder if I can get them to bundle it with a Batgirl or Starbucks…

I’ll call a few ADs and see what I get as a response
987fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 10:40 AM   #39
987fanatic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
For all those calling this AD a liar for selling the allocated BLNR, who's to say they don't have a few in the safe? I'm one of those (conspiracy theorists?) who believes ADs have had SS stock in the back this whole time, and likely a few multiples of some references, waiting for customers with deep pockets. Greece sees a lot of tourists and whales do get beached sometimes.

As do I but they would probably lose their Rolex AD status pretty quickly if they did.
Regarding your comment about Rolex taking their AD status… I think Rolex doesn’t give an F! They even place a disclaimer on their webpage stating that an AD must sell at MSRP or below BUT that they don’t meddle between the customer and the AD. I.e.: they won’t interfere if you rat on the offending AD. I know in Latin America some ADs mark up their watches directly, selling as if they were a great.
987fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 05:44 PM   #40
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
This is why Rolex needs to sell directly. To many AD games out there.
If they were supposed to follow the guidelines of everyone wanting Pepsis and Daytonas to be available to anyone that wants one, this is what would happen:

They would have to go from producing 35% stainless steel models to 75%. Revenue would decrease massively because nearly noone would be buying other models, to the same tune as they are sold now.

Few weeks in and the second hand market would drop way below retail since everything "would be available". Current demand would diminish and people would look grey rather than buying directly.

Brand image would crash in line with all the media articles now covering how Rolex watches have lost their value overnight.

But yeah, they should definitely sell directly and fulfill demand. No more games.
VonSomething is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 06:40 PM   #41
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

If you believe the watch was allocated to someone who was getting married, I have a bridge to sell you. They wre blowing smoke up your arse. They were looking for a person who would go for a bundling deal.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote