The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 May 2024, 03:28 PM   #61
vliberman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Thanks guys appreciate all the feedback.

Really disappointing to hear that this is such a common occurrence for everyone who has a 26240 or 26420... you'd think with all the knowledge piled up this wouldn't occur to this extent.

I'll book an appointment with AP House and have them get it serviced... may express my displeasure while I am at it. I am not a super luxury buyer, so I tend to have a certain expectation of quality when stuff reaches 5 and 6 figures....
May I ask why did u buy this watch? There are plenty of threads on this forum on poor quality of AP movements… like 50% hit ratio. U didn’t do your homework and bought hype?
vliberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 06:23 PM   #62
SylvainDXB
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Well well... quick update : the hand starting moving again recently... time to get it back to the boutique a second time because I cant "unsee" it but it's a bit annoying now... 2nd time for a service in a year to get a movement issue fixed that I feel like is widely enough known / shouldnt occur in the first place

Any thoughts? Anyone have happen this before twice?
Happened to me, received the watch in January, had to take it back in March. Then again, same issue, took it back in December, so twice in less than a year...
This being said, the third version of the kit to fix the problem is now available (started rolling it in late April I believe) and it should provide a definitive fix for the "creeping second hand" problem of this particular caliber.
SylvainDXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 04:14 AM   #63
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberman View Post
May I ask why did u buy this watch? There are plenty of threads on this forum on poor quality of AP movements… like 50% hit ratio. U didn’t do your homework and bought hype?

Not the OP, but my 2 cents: I don’t expect things to be perfect, especially when talking about mechanical movements. I do expect issues to be fixed - which AP always has done for me, very graciously and professionally.

I have a ROC (26240) which I sent in for service twice for the creeping minutes hand. Since coming back the second time, I haven’t had any further issues (yet), and I’ve subsequently purchased a ROO (26420) with the same caliber 4401.

Aside from the minute counter issue, the 4401 movement feels like a great movement to me. My ROC is +3s/day, and my ROO is +1.5s/day consistently. It looks great to me through the open caseback, and I’m happy with the 70hr power reserve. The fly back mechanism is also super convenient and the pushers feel great to press. Plus it’s in-house, which is something I care about.

All of the above is my personal opinion - just doesn’t feel accurate to me to say that AP’s use “poor quality” movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 09:42 AM   #64
construda
"TRF" Member

By the way maybe I shouldn't mention this yet, but I dropped my Offshore for a service to take care of the creeping minutes hand for the 2nd time. I dropped it off at an AP House instead of my home boutique, because I needed it shipped to where I'm working out of state and I figured the House could be more flexible with shipping.

Anyway I got a call a day or two later - the service center had reached out to them offering to upgrade me to a customized rotor with my initials, free of cost. It was the first time they'd seen that offered to anyone.

The watch is still at service, needless to say I'm floored, still waiting for it to come back.
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 09:57 AM   #65
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by construda View Post
By the way maybe I shouldn't mention this yet, but I dropped my Offshore for a service to take care of the creeping minutes hand for the 2nd time. I dropped it off at an AP House instead of my home boutique, because I needed it shipped to where I'm working out of state and I figured the House could be more flexible with shipping.

Anyway I got a call a day or two later - the service center had reached out to them offering to upgrade me to a customized rotor with my initials, free of cost. It was the first time they'd seen that offered to anyone.

The watch is still at service, needless to say I'm floored, still waiting for it to come back.
Wow!
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 10:09 AM   #66
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Crazy. Did you take them up on it? If so, would love to see.
Old 10 May 2024, 10:48 AM   #67
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congratulations, I guess That's a cool offer and I assume you're taking them up on it?
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 10:51 AM   #68
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:

WOW!! that is freaking cool
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 02:59 PM   #69
Demonoid
2024 Pledge Member

And this is exactly why I snort coffee out of my nose when I see posts complaining about brands keeping old movements in their pieces. New and improved is not always better.

Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 03:03 PM   #70
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
And this is exactly why I snort coffee out of my nose when I see posts complaining about brands keeping old movements in their pieces. New and improved is not always better.

Somehow I agree. In-house doesn't mean it's better. I was kindda sad when they discontinued the 2121 calibre. So far, never heard of 7121 having issues but still, 2121 is iconic to be a 5402 tribute.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 06:28 PM   #71
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That’s awesome. really good offer and apology from AP.
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:49 PM   #72
construda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Crazy. Did you take them up on it? If so, would love to see.
Ohhh yes I did
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 07:20 AM   #73
nickcpl
"TRF" Member

Same issue with my RO 50th anniversary. had it serviced to fix. came back and still not fixed. same issue. not good.

Recently got a 43mm ROO but noticed one thing and wasn't sure if this warrants getting it checked out.
I noticed the minute subdial of the Chrono (i.e. the 9 o'clock sub-dial) keeps running even though the Chronograph itself (i.e. the seconds hand) is not engaged at all for any amount of time.

If I do a flyback it resets to zero but I am confused as to why it would just keep running.

Can someone tell me if this is expected? I couldn't really find anything online but I am doubtful it works as it should... just want to check before I head to the boutique.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
nickcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 06:42 PM   #74
ukbbc
"TRF" Member

I had this issue. Take it in for full service, took them around 6 weeks to turn it around in Singapore.

ukbbc is offline   Reply With Quote