The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 May 2024, 09:35 AM   #61
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Former SA spills the beans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Yeah, there is no way to authenticate his claims. Anyone could post a video and regurgitate all the anecdotes and lore you read on the Internet forums. I mean he might be legit, but then again, he might not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a Go Fund Me page for the victims of the Lahaina fire, but it’s in his personal name. I don’t believe he is legit. He makes money on YouTube clicks. When he saw how many clicks he got on the first one, he quickly added a second one. He also moved up from an SA in the first one to Asst. Mgr. in the second one. Click bait, indeed!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 09:39 AM   #62
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelor5513 View Post
Kat, what stood out to me is the claim: "there's a vault full of beautiful watches."
Many of us on the "wait list" play the game of checking in and making nice small talk, and giving our SA the benefit-of-the-doubt, while the reference we seek may actually be in "the vault" just waiting for the right situation or additional non Rolex purchases.
I just have a hard time believing that. Anyone doing any business knows that you don’t sit on things that you can sell today with a vague promise of selling more tomorrow. I’m sure all sorts of stuff happens here and there but I can’t see how that would be the norm.
The math is pretty simple: every dolt at the moment apparently wants a Rolex. The bigger and blingier and “rarer” the better obviously. Rolex makes about 1 million watches every year. A good portion of that these days goes straight to the “developing world”. Exact mix of models produced is unknown.
Bottom line is: there is a shortage because of high demand. Everything that comes in has several buyers. I don’t think too many people really go buy tennis bracelets and junk to get a sub.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 09:47 AM   #63
LndLord
"TRF" Member

yeah nothing was surprising here
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote