The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 May 2022, 12:16 AM   #61
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricecox View Post
Hi,

I'm new here - and to the luxury market. I currently have placed myself on the waiting list for 2 watches I would like, its been 6 months and I haven't gotten any update yet.

Is there a way to build relationship to get the items faster?

Regards,
You need to buy a lot of jewelry and a lot of watches from other brands.
Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 12:25 AM   #62
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
In addition to what I said previously, now more than ever, be patient. Prices are dropping aftermarket, greys inventory is high, there will be more and more Rolexes available at ADs.
Old 12 May 2022, 12:35 AM   #63
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
Quote:
i would love to.. but been to 4 and NONE is available! haha
He means jewelry, Omegas, Breitlings, etc.
Old 12 May 2022, 07:36 AM   #64
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaine99 View Post
How is paying $10K above MSRP to a grey seller not giving up your dignity?

Building a relationship worked for us. A few weeks after our first visit, the SA called and offered a 50% discount on a ring my wife liked. We made the $1200 purchase for my wife. Three days later, the SA called and offered me a Sub LV. We didn't buy stuff we didn't want.... We didn't give up our dignity....My wife got what she wanted and I got a Sub in less than a month from building a relationship. I've since been offered a Sub TT and an Explorer II.

Now we stop in every couple of weeks without purchasing while waiting on another Sub/GMT...I will continue our relationship buying anniversary or birthday gifts for my wife from this SA...

Maybe losing your dignity is better defined as the moment you hand over $10k above MSRP to a grey dealer....
I’m a bit confused…my post was in complete agreement with your perspective
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:16 AM   #65
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Have you looking at this forum page?

https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:34 AM   #66
Bdwoods
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
Stay connected to your AD!

I visited 4 ADs, and was transparent about it. That was around April 11. I followed up with them all individually, reiterated my appreciation for their help and sympathized with the situation they’re in not being able to get people the watches they want. I feel like I quickly grew to know and like all 4 ADs and the staff I connected with. Last week I emailed the sales rep at one of the stores. He called me within an hour and said that my preferred watch just arrived. I consider myself very lucky.

I think that it’s important to try to keep yourself connected. I had 3 of the 4 AD staff tell me how nice it was to have a customer who understood their situation. They get treated very poorly and take the brunt of the shortages. They all reiterated how much they appreciated my understanding. I know my situation is mostly luck, but they could have called someone else waiting for the same watch, but didn’t.
Bdwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 01:00 PM   #67
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdwoods View Post
I visited 4 ADs, and was transparent about it. That was around April 11. I followed up with them all individually, reiterated my appreciation for their help and sympathized with the situation they’re in not being able to get people the watches they want. I feel like I quickly grew to know and like all 4 ADs and the staff I connected with. Last week I emailed the sales rep at one of the stores. He called me within an hour and said that my preferred watch just arrived. I consider myself very lucky.

I think that it’s important to try to keep yourself connected. I had 3 of the 4 AD staff tell me how nice it was to have a customer who understood their situation. They get treated very poorly and take the brunt of the shortages. They all reiterated how much they appreciated my understanding. I know my situation is mostly luck, but they could have called someone else waiting for the same watch, but didn’t.
Good work, congrats.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 01:04 PM   #68
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nice! Congrats! What did you get?
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 01:32 PM   #69
Bigdaddy38
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116515B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsh14 View Post
6 months really isn’t that bad. I waited six months twice in a row for two watches and looking back I’m appreciative of my patience and self control. Makes for a good story when you get that surprise text you never thought you’d get

This!! I put in a request for a blue YM 40 1 year ago, and just picked it up today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ALS 1815 Flyback Chrono Rosegold, Daytona 116515B RG/Chocolate, SkyD Blue Dial Jubilee 326934, Sub 122610LV, Explorer II 216570 Polar, Blue Yacht Master 40 126622, Tudor BB Pro, BB925 Silver, Breitling W. Navi A24322 White, Speedy 3861, Tissot PRX 80
Bigdaddy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 06:11 PM   #70
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:

Sincerest congratulations

It's amazing what can happen when customers don't present any pretence and attitude... "but I am the customer, you owe me because I decided to walk in to your store "
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2022, 12:00 PM   #71
Bdwoods
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy7 View Post
Nice! Congrats! What did you get?
A DJ41 Oystersteel Slate smooth bezel. I think it’s the perfect first Rolex!
Bdwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 02:01 AM   #72
brando129
"TRF" Member

Definitely need to develop a relationship with the AD, they have the supply and allocate to good customers
brando129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 02:38 AM   #73
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando129 View Post
Definitely need to develop a relationship with the AD, they have the supply and allocate to good customers
Uh huh

amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:16 AM   #74
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Uh huh

Some of the replies on this thread make me shudder with embarrassment for the persons concerned. Dignity and self-respect please. This is more valuable than a watch.

If you are going to behave like that don't post about it on the internet. At least keep it as a shameful secret.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:20 AM   #75
Hemdog
"TRF" Member

Good luck, we’re all routing for you!
Hemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:25 AM   #76
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Good luck! Trust you get your watch soon...

A couple questions would be: what did you request from the AD (perhaps I missed it?).

And probably better question, are you 100% sure you are on the "list"? I know many ADs are giving lip service right now and a true list isn't really there to begin with.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:31 AM   #77
gerry100
"TRF" Member

Be patient
These situations can turn fast
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:39 AM   #78
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Uh huh

Do the number of fingers used determine how many watches you’ll get?
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 05:03 AM   #79
taitun4life
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
do not buy anything you are not in the market for.
This needs to stop.
100%

Get what you love and wear ‘em…..
taitun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 05:19 AM   #80
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
No one here really knows anything.

One thread: "Rolex coming back to reality - I'm seeing prices drop on Chrono 24 and more inventory in the stores!"

Next thread: "Nothing on the shelves and I've been waiting for years."

Good luck. Be patient. Be well.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 05:52 AM   #81
Justincredible
"TRF" Member

Be patient. Took me like 7-8 months to get a 39mm Explorer. I'm on the list for others and waiting. Time goes by fast.
Justincredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 09:00 AM   #82
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Lot of Variables to your situation but here are your 3 best options:

1- Walk into your nearest AD and ask them "what do i need to do to ensure the next *insert watch you want here* that comes in goes to me?" then do exactly what they say (bring you AmEx Platinum card with you)

2- Walk to the nearest Grey Dealer and say "good morning, do you happen to have any *insert watch you want here* in stock currently?", if they do, try to haggle down the price as best you can (bring you AmEx Platinum card with you)

3- Walk into your nearest Omega/Breitling/Panerai/Grand Seiko/Blacpain/Zenith/Tudor/Cartier AD and say "Good Morning, I'd like to buy a new watch. I have $XXXX to spend, I like *insert style of watch you enjoy here*, what do you have that might interest me?" Walk out with a watch

Its pretty simple
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 09:53 AM   #83
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Got told today there is no 'list.' And furthermore, previous "registrations" of interest were thrown in the trash. The new way is to speak directly to a sales rep.... they'll take many factors into consideration when deciding whether they should "allocate" a watch for you (I think that's a long-winded way of saying "No")
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 10:13 AM   #84
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi,

I'm new here - and to the luxury market. I currently have placed myself on the waiting list for 2 watches I would like, its been 6 months and I haven't gotten any update yet.

Is there a way to build relationship to get the items faster?

Regards,
The current game is this whether you like it or not and it's up to you if you want to play it. There are many here dislike this but the fact is it's current reality.

You need to buy less desirable models off them to build a profile to get access to the stuff you want (assume the stuff you want is the harder stuff).

Before i got my SS Daytona I had to buy an Exp1, TT Sub, Plat DD. Now thankfully i can afford this stuff and i actually wanted the watches. The thing is though if I could just get the SS Daytona and nothing else then that's what I would have preferred.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 10:58 AM   #85
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

There is no such thing as a waiting list if you are not already a client. Sorry but move on, they will never call you. And why would they, they have good clients already that want the same watch
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 11:21 AM   #86
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Rolex Waiting List.. impatient

varies from AD to AD.

depending on your AD, i’d suggest to buckle up because you can be waiting a while.

if you want to move up the imaginary list- there is only one way. spend some $$$

would also be helpful to know the watches you asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 11:59 AM   #87
Fred_Tan
Banned

Watch: Bumble Bee
Maybe while waiting, you can try look at other goodies?
Coin, currency, stamp, writing instrument, comic, sneaker, wine, scotch, bourbon, sports trading card are quite cool & satisfying
Fred_Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 12:12 PM   #88
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
DO NOT buy anything you are not in the market for.
This needs to stop.
Ha!

Good one!
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 01:17 PM   #89
alonsowwss
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
The “waiting list” doesn’t exist. It’s very common knowledge around this forums that is a myth.

You can improve your chances by sweet talking your AD and if you’re in a big city market then you have to spend a big chunk on money.

Or Lightning strikes and you get called tomorrow :)

Good luck
Old 8 July 2022, 02:14 PM   #90
XXHULKXX
"TRF" Member

Bought a DJ36 from a local Rolex Boutique.

Manager say put me on the GMT list. WA them on and off....

Been 2.5 years and still waiting
XXHULKXX is offline   Reply With Quote