The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 October 2023, 11:12 PM   #61
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
My understanding is, for however many bezels they produce, an unacceptable percentage of them fail qc, making them cost prohibitive. The process being somewhat different to creating the other ceramic insets, as this one starts of all red and through processing (witchcraft, trickery) half of it becomes blue, the process being the Achilles heel.
Simple solution for Rolex is to increase the price of the BLRO Pepsi. Even if it charges $3000 more than a BLNR Batman/Batgirl people will still buy at retail. It is beneath Rolex to quit on a model because it can't produce a red and blue ceramic bezel.
Manamana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 11:13 PM   #62
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanubis View Post
I sit as the company secretary for one of Rolex's regional entities (for obvious reasons cannot say which).

I can say that the rumours are true. Supplies of the pepsi are being severely restricted, as the company is now moving existing stock.

This does not however mean that the pepsi is going to be discontinued. We are (and have) explored alternative ways to produce a more stable bezel. All I can share at this point that the colours will be more 'true to life' in reflecting red and blue, at least more so than the present iteration.

I hope this assists.
Yes just a Mark 4, or 5 or whatever it is now.
Manamana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 11:15 PM   #63
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
I heard the same thing!!!!!
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 11:47 PM   #64
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanubis View Post
I sit as the company secretary for one of Rolex's regional entities (for obvious reasons cannot say which).

I can say that the rumours are true. Supplies of the pepsi are being severely restricted, as the company is now moving existing stock.

This does not however mean that the pepsi is going to be discontinued. We are (and have) explored alternative ways to produce a more stable bezel. All I can share at this point that the colours will be more 'true to life' in reflecting red and blue, at least more so than the present iteration.

I hope this assists.
That's good, because the current one is certainly purple & pink despite what they fanbois say.

Apparently Rolex agrees
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 02:26 AM   #65
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Good news so I can list myself for a MK4/5 one to be different from my MK1 (that I LOVE so much in its purple whatever you want variations by the way)!!
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 02:41 AM   #66
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Heresy I know but I really don't like the (blue/red purple/pink etc) watch colour scheme I find it jars, gaudy and no class. My old salesman had one and it just never gelled with me But you can't please everyone as they say..

I strongly suspect Rolex have or had absolutely no intention of discontinuing the watch nor even considered it irrespective of the supposed manufacturing issue. I remain convinced they Rolex have the resources to solve it either with a new manufacturing process or a complete new material.

A new bezel material would be the better bet IMHO.
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 03:33 AM   #67
DoctorsOrders
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Sorry, I don't buy it.
DoctorsOrders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 03:42 AM   #68
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Haha, my AD said....never gets old...
Old 1 November 2023, 10:59 AM   #69
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Another "My AD said..."

Old 1 November 2023, 11:12 AM   #70
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I smell BS
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 07:22 AM   #71
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
My understanding is, for however many bezels they produce, an unacceptable percentage of them fail qc, making them cost prohibitive. The process being somewhat different to creating the other ceramic insets, as this one starts of all red and through processing (witchcraft, trickery) half of it becomes blue, the process being the Achilles heel.
But how much does an individual bezel cost to make? A few pennies…? Even if they cost £1 each, they would have to have a 99% failure rate to have any material impact on the margin per watch
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 04:40 PM   #72
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

The Rolex manager at my AD said that Rolex has not told her what they are doing. But, her speculation--because deliveries of Pepsis have slowed down tremendously--is that Pepsi will be discontinued and Coke will take its place. Batgirl will continue.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:14 AM   #73
Ceriano
"TRF" Member

I’m sure everybody and their mother has a theory on this but personally I think GMT is due for case upgrade, they may stop the production temporarily until they release the new model.
Ceriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:24 AM   #74
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
The Rolex manager at my AD said that Rolex has not told her what they are doing. But, her speculation--because deliveries of Pepsis have slowed down tremendously--is that Pepsi will be discontinued and Coke will take its place. Batgirl will continue.

I had thought the same because they have obviously perfected the process of creating the bezels when black is involved.

However, the Pepsi has been a staple from the beginning so I really can’t imagine it being discontinued, rather I believe they are developing a new process for red/blue and slowly releasing the remaining stock but not making more yet.

Complete speculation of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:26 AM   #75
russ86
"TRF" Member

My AD told me same thing actually last week, he said most likely Pepsi is going to go away
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 12:00 PM   #76
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post
I had thought the same because they have obviously perfected the process of creating the bezels when black is involved.

However, the Pepsi has been a staple from the beginning so I really can’t imagine it being discontinued, rather I believe they are developing a new process for red/blue and slowly releasing the remaining stock but not making more yet.

Complete speculation of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ86 View Post
My AD told me same thing actually last week, he said most likely Pepsi is going to go away

Two equally plausible theories. Lets see what happens!
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 03:27 PM   #77
RJordan
"TRF" Member

Rolex is in the CPO business now so the sooner models are discontinued, the better it is. This will give the perceived image of rarity/don't wanna say it, but good investment.

The frequency of discontinuation and lines getting revamped will be every 3-5 years rather than the old Rolex way of changing things every 10 yrs give or take
RJordan is offline   Reply With Quote