The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 May 2024, 01:46 AM   #61
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Glad to hear that you are back home!
DJ TT 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2024, 01:56 AM   #62
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Thank guys
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2024, 02:04 AM   #63
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Great news Tom. Glad it went well and you’re home. It’s got to be a big relief to have it behind you.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2024, 09:51 AM   #64
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Wrapping this up .. I am back home as of today.. glad this is all behind, but now I have to walk a mile a day going forward lol // My Sub is back on my wrist too, so the world is right again.

Many thanks to all for the well wishes

Prior to my heart surgery, I smoked a cigar everyday. After my heart surgery, I ride my bike everyday for about 3.5 miles. That’s quite an improvement in my lifestyle.

Glad to hear everything is looking up going forward…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2024, 02:00 PM   #65
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tonas
So sorry I’m late to this Tom!! I had an aortic valve replacement 10 years ago (mechanical valve). I’m so happy you are doing well! It’s a rough process but looks like all is going well. I wish you continued recovery
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 05:51 AM   #66
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Following. Just had an echocardiogram and was told one of my valves was leaking. Nothing so serious that it won't wait until I see the doctor again in July, but somewhat concerning.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 08:19 AM   #67
THC

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post
Following. Just had an echocardiogram and was told one of my valves was leaking. Nothing so serious that it won't wait until I see the doctor again in July, but somewhat concerning.
Thanks everyone yet again..

DBA, mine was leaky for 5 years prior to it getting worse. Not sure if that helps
Good Luck in everything
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 10:01 AM   #68
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Heart valve replacement surgery

Quote:

Mine leaked my entire life. I saw a cardiologist once a year and had an echocardiogram on a regular basis.

I think I recall the exact moment when it went from ‘no action required’ to ‘this requires surgery.’

I was sitting in my office at work, and all the sudden I had a weird sensation in my chest. No pain or anything like that. It was like someone turned on a mini air valve inside me or maybe a mouse fart is a better way to describe it. And then I suddenly had all these floaters in my vision. It was really bizarre. Sounds crazy but it’s true. I even went to an eye doctor because of the floaters, which drove me crazy. They found nothing wrong.

A month later, I had my annual echocardiogram. The results were shocking. They said it progressed to severe regurgitation and I needed surgery. But I had no other symptoms other than what I described above.

It might not be connected at all, but the timing seems more than coincidental to me.

Old 22 May 2024, 12:33 PM   #69
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Feel well!

Quote:
Thanks everyone so much
ICU till tomorrow then in a room for 4 more

So glad this is behind me now

Good luck tonight who is in it
Glad you are progressing well!
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 05:03 AM   #70
dba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Thanks everyone yet again..

DBA, mine was leaky for 5 years prior to it getting worse. Not sure if that helps
Good Luck in everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Mine leaked my entire life. I saw a cardiologist once a year and had an echocardiogram on a regular basis.

I think I recall the exact moment when it went from ‘no action required’ to ‘this requires surgery.’

I was sitting in my office at work, and all the sudden I had a weird sensation in my chest. No pain or anything like that. It was like someone turned on a mini air valve inside me or maybe a mouse fart is a better way to describe it. And then I suddenly had all these floaters in my vision. It was really bizarre. Sounds crazy but it’s true. I even went to an eye doctor because of the floaters, which drove me crazy. They found nothing wrong.

A month later, I had my annual echocardiogram. The results were shocking. They said it progressed to severe regurgitation and I needed surgery. But I had no other symptoms other than what I described above.

It might not be connected at all, but the timing seems more than coincidental to me.
Thank you both. I try not to get too spun up about it and really try to stay off internet searches about the subject. Having said that and hearing your stories, I'm now very interested in my July Dr. appt. Thanks again.
dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 05:59 AM   #71
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you both. I try not to get too spun up about it and really try to stay off internet searches about the subject. Having said that and hearing your stories, I'm now very interested in my July Dr. appt. Thanks again.

If your “leak” required surgery, you’d already know. They don’t waste anytime. When they determine a valve is leaking, they also measure severity. They don’t wait 2 months before telling you. I suppose anything could happen, but I’d be very surprised if they drop the surgery bomb on you.

Old 24 May 2024, 06:03 AM   #72
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Hi my TRF Family

68 years old…

Have been very proactive with my health and preventive screenings.. I have had an Aortic valve leak (moderate] for several years and after my latest echo screen last week, it has gotten more severe. Time for surgery I was told.

Won’t be till early May, as I really have no symptoms but slight shortness of breath. (Also had a nuclear stress test 2 weeks ago and heart itself is strong)

Does anyone know of anyone that has had this surgery?
A good friend had this surgery in December. He is recovering quite well. Hope you are doing the same!