The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 February 2018, 08:10 AM   #91
David5807
"TRF" Member

I am a person who likes diamonds and other stones but having them on a Rolex just seems way too blingy and ballerish for my taste preferences.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:20 AM   #92
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctora View Post
rolex is an already expensive watch and to me the “bling” of diamonds is more feminine and is not worth the extra $$$$
+1
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:21 AM   #93
Reddy_Kilowatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16220 & 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
i'm trying to remember is that the Porsche that has killed many people, including two of my track friends. It was the horrible top-line Porsche from about 8 or 10 years ago, not sure if that's the right model.
Likely the Carrera GT. This one:

The GT3 is a crazy powerful, but still manageable car:
Reddy_Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:21 AM   #94
dot42
Banned

i am not a fan of diamonds, it drags unnecessary attention which is uncool to me.
dot42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:52 AM   #95
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
i'm trying to remember is that the Porsche that has killed many people, including two of my track friends. It was the horrible top-line Porsche from about 8 or 10 years ago, not sure if that's the right model.

Anywho old-school whale tail Porsches, i think, are now going for good money. Agree some people have cars <cough> ricers </cough> and do some 'silly things'. Of course i did some 'silly things' cosmetically and mechanically to cars during my youth. And look how i turned out?

Oh...

Wait...

That's not good.

Not good at all

----------------------------

Anyway, haters gonna hate and, as in the fashion industry, different strokes for different folks.
No, that was the mid-engined Porsche Carrera GT. The 911 Turbo was killing drivers in the 1970s.

The GT3 is a pretty well sorted car with none of the bad traits the other two I mentioned had.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:28 AM   #96
bjw
"TRF" Member

Diamonds are fine on a watch.....and only on a woman....
Tudor 79220N
Tudor 79260P Panda

"Opinions are like wrist watches, everyone's shows different time from the other. But all believe that theirs is accurate. "
bjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:45 AM   #97
BreezyMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX DJ 1603
I used to work on vintage Porsche at shop in San Diego, ppl do not know how to drive them just want them and end up killing themeleves and others this is a true statement .

Diamonds you like them or you don’t it’s a simple thing

But try to buy the Gmt with diamond lugs and sapphire and diamond bezel aka the diamond Batman and you’ll see that they are so rare and they have gone up in value

If it’s factory it will get a thumbs up from me but the aftermarket stuff makes me throw up a lil

Cheers
BreezyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:57 AM   #98
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
Here at TRF I am known as the "King Of Bling" with my different DD's and DJ's which have diamond dials, bezels and even bracelets on some of the Rolex watches in my collection. And I'm not a girl.
Vladdy, is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw2hfLX9cyU
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:58 AM   #99
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
Vladdy? .. Now that really did make me laugh out loud for real
SkyKing31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:00 AM   #100
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Every now and again, Vladdy needs to be trotted out. He never gets old.

Edit: I just noticed his "chicken wing" arm movements at the start of the video. It's like a work of art: every time I see it, I discover something new.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:02 AM   #101
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Oh I know, I'm still laughing .... Although I love diamonds, I'm at least tasteful and not gaudy
Old 8 February 2018, 10:06 AM   #102
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post

Edit: I just noticed his "chicken wing" arm movements at the start of the video. It's like a work of art: every time I see it, I discover something new.
He wears only the best .. Yeah the best SI2 .. At least the diamonds I do wear come from Cartier and Rolex .... Someone who wears the type of diamonds Vladdy wears is really trying to hard .... Trying for what I don't know .. But hey, I guess there is a market and a customer for the stuff he sells.
Old 8 February 2018, 10:36 AM   #103
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
Diamonds look great which is why I have a few with diamonds but the majority of my watches don't. Most on here abhor diamonds but a small subset do like them. Get what you want and don't worry what others think.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:40 AM   #104
dmhines
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss / GMT II
I agree ... Good chance I will do that at service time ... I've been watching a full hand set on Ebay in case I want to get do it before I need service ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
That's a beauty you have there. I know this may sound like blasphemy, but yours is the only watch where I'd buy Luminova hands to get a general idea of the time in the dark. After all there is no other patina'd lume to match - it's more functional with modern hands.

(and keep the originals for future switch back if selling it later)
Breitling SOH II - Brown 42 / Breitling 806 Re-Edition
dmhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:40 AM   #105
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddodoc View Post
Diamonds look great which is why I have a few with diamonds but the majority of my watches don't. Most on here abhor diamonds but a small subset do like them. Get what you want and don't worry what others think.
Diamonds add a nice touch. My dad had a Day Date from the "Crown Collection" that had diamonds and rubies, and that was a beautiful watch. I also saw to Yacht Masters both in steel and yellow gold back in 2010 .. Both had white MOP dials, one with ruby hour markers and the other with diamond and sapphire hour markers .. Both were beautiful, and I know where I can buy a factory 2010 YM with the ruby hour markers, but I can't justify the 11k price tag
Old 8 February 2018, 11:23 AM   #106
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
Diamonds are for ladies.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:30 PM   #107
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Oh I know, I'm still laughing .... Although I love diamonds, I'm at least tasteful and not gaudy
Huuge thanks for taking my post as intended, humor. Yes, diamonds are fine.... to a point.... unless it is part of a 'bing costume' as some rappers/trap guys wear and then He Who Has More Bling Wins.... or something like that depending on rapper hierarchy.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 8 February 2018, 10:37 PM   #108
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRider View Post
How does gold or platinum or shiny PCLs enhance its timekeeping ability?

It is jewelry. If you like diamonds, get them! If you don't like them, then don't get them. It's that simple really.
It doesn't which is why I buy stainless steel.

And I agree, if someone likes them they should get them, they are not for me.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 10:54 PM   #109
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Huuge thanks for taking my post as intended, humor. Yes, diamonds are fine.... to a point.... unless it is part of a 'bing costume' as some rappers/trap guys wear and then He Who Has More Bling Wins.... or something like that depending on rapper hierarchy.
Good morning Steven,

You'll find that I believe in humor and laughter, and I indulge in both just as much as I indulge in my Rolex collection. I personally spent many days ill and in pain, and I've found laughter and humor to help better than medication at times

As for the rapper and trapboy scene (I actually had to look up trap scene lol) I do find it silly that some people believe in the super bling .... although it's their money, so who am I to say anything. They may believe the person with the most bling wins, but most of their bling comes in the form of SI1-SI2 .... I prefer my diamonds to come from Cartier and Rolex .... And in small amounts to accent the piece of jewelry/watch, eyeglasses, pens etc...
Old 9 February 2018, 12:29 AM   #110
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I prefer my diamonds to come from Cartier and Rolex .... And in small amounts to accent the piece of jewelry/watch, eyeglasses, pens etc...
SkyKing FTW

Agree less is more

Quality over quantity

As an example, here is DJ Khaled's bling watch

Old 9 February 2018, 12:32 AM   #111
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
It doesn't which is why I buy stainless steel.

And I agree, if someone likes them they should get them, they are not for me.
This. I don’t really see precious metal Rolex watches as being much different than diamond encrusted ones, but to each his/her own.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2018, 12:42 AM   #112
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
There are diamonds and then there are Diamonds. The quality of diamonds dictates the "value". The quality of diamonds on watches is rarely defined, it's all about the bling. Your watch may be a Rolex, but the diamonds on your Rolex may be more appropriate on a Timex.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2018, 01:07 AM   #113
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
SkyKing FTW

Agree less is more

Quality over quantity

As an example, here is DJ Khaled's bling watch
Is that a diamond encrusted Patek Philippe?
Old 9 February 2018, 01:08 AM   #114
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
There are diamonds and then there are Diamonds. The quality of diamonds dictates the "value". The quality of diamonds on watches is rarely defined, it's all about the bling. Your watch may be a Rolex, but the diamonds on your Rolex may be more appropriate on a Timex.
That is why you get FACTORY diamonds from Rolex .... Some of the aftermarket are so bad they don't even belong on a walmart special
Old 9 February 2018, 01:15 AM   #115
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Is that a diamond encrusted Patek Philippe?
Yes. It is simply one example of many binged out mechanical timepieces within today's music scene. Odds are this is more 'costume jewelry' to complete an overall visual style within his music biz strategy.

Old 9 February 2018, 01:20 AM   #116
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes. It is simply one example of many binged out mechanical timepieces within today's music scene. Odds are this is more 'costume jewelry' to complete an overall visual style within his music biz strategy.
It's ugly .. Just like that GMT Ice .. My most blinged out watch is a Rolex 18956 bril .. All Factory .. my other blinged out Rolex is a 18948 Tridor with factory meteorite diamond dial and diamond bezel .... But those are tasteful .. I hate iced out jewelry .. it looks cheap and UGLY
Old 9 February 2018, 03:44 AM   #117
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
So many responses are as to the function of diamonds on a watch, but by that rationale, why pay the premium for a BLNR over an LN? Are those different color bezels functional? To each his own, for whatever his own reasons are. I don't care for them on a man's watch, but that's just me.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote