The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 October 2021, 06:55 AM   #91
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
That’s a sound approach I try to follow as well. Just as you don’t need to have 4 modern BMW 3 series in different colors to rotate between for your commute. You need one, and then you have space in the garage for a few more exotic things to take out on Sunday afternoon.

Same with my watch collection. I have one Rolex to wear everyday (and a second I keep for sentimental purposes), and then I have a few finer pieces to take out for some fine dining and similar occasions here and there.
Couldn't agree more and well said! .
Old 12 October 2021, 10:23 AM   #92
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Oh wow “fashion victim”, what a description. If only you could see how I’m dressed most days. But maybe I’m the only one here who hasn’t deluded himself yet about the fact that a watch is but an accessory. I don’t have to contort into wearing a watch that doesn’t fit me just because popular preference is so religiously devoted to it. I prefer a watch that becomes my watch over time, rather than having to become the guy that goes with Paul Newman’s watch.

Seriously, it feels like these things are somehow objects of worship to some of you guys that one has to seek out, regardless of whether or not one actually has a use for them, just to fit in with the general reverence. And in the end, everyone has ticked the same boxes and ends up with the same boring lineup of GMTs, Daytonas and Submariners, religiously, if not slavishly following the path and tolerating no differing view.

Man, I’m sorry, this is just stupid. I wouldn’t wear a pair of Yeezys in the wrong size just to be seen in Yeezys, nor would I wear a Burberry coat when it’s not raining, just to show the world I got one. And most certainly, I wouldn’t wear an ill fitting Daytona just to have worn one. Call me a fashion victim as long as you want mate, but at least I haven’t fallen for the hype-cult you seem so servile and devoted to.

The Daytona looks ridiculously small on some people, that’s my view and I have every right to hold it.

So go back to your shrine and keep your analysis of my personality to yourself while you uncritically worship the great unobtainables under the crown.
That’s great writing. Lots of references I don’t get since I live in a different part of the world. And for the record I don’t do any of the things you describe and believe I’m involved in.

My opinion of you is solely based on what you wrote earlier in this thread. It is the same opinion that I have towards every person who laments on this forum that a MAN’s watch looks small on a MAN’s wrist. It is completely silly to think so, and as you feel you are entitled to your opinion, I feel I am entitled to tell you so.

This watch size obsession is utter crap. It is just stupid, as are probably most of the guys who keep telling us how right they are and how wrong we normal people are.

What in the world do you care about an unknown dude wearing a gold Daytona next to a bridge? I don’t. And let me add that I much prefer a picture of a watch that MAY look a tad small than seeing an eye gouging Sea Dweller on a teenager hairless wrist who posts on this forum and try to make us believe he’s a grownup.
Because honestly, many wrist shots here look exactly like that.

Enjoy your day, lad.

Old 12 October 2021, 04:33 PM   #93
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuilln View Post
That’s great writing. Lots of references I don’t get since I live in a different part of the world. And for the record I don’t do any of the things you describe and believe I’m involved in.

My opinion of you is solely based on what you wrote earlier in this thread. It is the same opinion that I have towards every person who laments on this forum that a MAN’s watch looks small on a MAN’s wrist. It is completely silly to think so, and as you feel you are entitled to your opinion, I feel I am entitled to tell you so.

This watch size obsession is utter crap. It is just stupid, as are probably most of the guys who keep telling us how right they are and how wrong we normal people are.

What in the world do you care about an unknown dude wearing a gold Daytona next to a bridge? I don’t. And let me add that I much prefer a picture of a watch that MAY look a tad small than seeing an eye gouging Sea Dweller on a teenager hairless wrist who posts on this forum and try to make us believe he’s a grownup.
Because honestly, many wrist shots here look exactly like that.

Enjoy your day, lad.
Look man, I have commented not on the guy at the bridge, for whom I’m happy he has a watch he likes, I have commented that on my own wrist, that watch is too small to look good. Far from me to be so disrespectful as to judge other people and what they like. But not far from you it seems like, as you came right out of the gate assessing who you believe I may be.

I have every right to express my view about a watch and it’s size, it’s an inanimate object.

You do not have every right to express your views about what you believe my personality is, that is highly disrespectful.

So if you want to share your apology, go ahead but otherwise, this conversation with you is over man.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 12:22 AM   #94
Havfun
"TRF" Member

I just got the watch I have always wanted deep sea dweller. had to go grey market. but I am very happy. love the weight and look of this watch
Havfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 12:26 AM   #95
Feh
"TRF" Member

Always wanted a White Daytona and that’s my grail and makes me happy.
Feh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 01:16 AM   #96
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

Nope, I really want a Sub or GMT but haven’t gotten one. My girlfriend is saving for one as a gift for when we get engaged so hopefully my AD can make it happen when the time comes. For now I have my OP41 which I really do enjoy but feels a little too formal for me
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 01:21 AM   #97
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
At the moment I REALLY a new Omega Snoopy Speedmaster.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 01:57 AM   #98
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
Yes.

All of them.

Would I be willing to add more? Yes.

Regardless, I'm good with what I have.

In the upper left of your pic, there is an interesting looking Tudor. Then in the bottom left there is a Rolex Explorer. They appear to be very similar in case size. What are your thoughts about those two when you have them side by side? Do you prefer one over the other and does one get more wrist time? I like the yellow accent seconds hand with the Tudor, but I don't like how the crown protrudes so far from the case. The crown on the Tudor to its immediate right looks better to my eyes.

I actually saw someone put a red Yachtmaster seconds hand on the Explorer once. It looks fantastic. I think I saw it in the ongoing modifications thread that is here someplace. It might have even been Jocke who did it.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 04:30 AM   #99
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
In the upper left of your pic, there is an interesting looking Tudor. Then in the bottom left there is a Rolex Explorer. They appear to be very similar in case size. What are your thoughts about those two when you have them side by side? Do you prefer one over the other and does one get more wrist time? I like the yellow accent seconds hand with the Tudor, but I don't like how the crown protrudes so far from the case. The crown on the Tudor to its immediate right looks better to my eyes.

I actually saw someone put a red Yachtmaster seconds hand on the Explorer once. It looks fantastic. I think I saw it in the ongoing modifications thread that is here someplace. It might have even been Jocke who did it.
The Rolex watches get more wrist time overall, but I do give the Tudors their fair share.

My favorite Tudor is the Big Rose second from the left, top row, in terms of style, but they are all much loved.

As for the North Flag compared to the Explorer, I just have to say that they are quite different and both are high on my list of favorites. The 114270 was my first "luxury" watch and my first Rolex, so naturally, it's will always have a special place in my heart.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 04:41 AM   #100
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
Just picked up 2 two week ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2021, 05:36 AM   #101
Timetracker