The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 April 2023, 02:17 PM   #1231
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Anyone happens to know the annual production for the minute repeater? Especially the sapphire dial.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2023, 05:12 AM   #1232
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Happy Friday!!

Old 22 April 2023, 07:32 AM   #1233
daytonaTBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Happy Friday!!

Great shot! Do you use the standard pin buckle or opt for one of the deployants? I kinda want the adjustable deployant but it’s $13k….
daytonaTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2023, 07:50 AM   #1234
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaTBR View Post
Great shot! Do you use the standard pin buckle or opt for one of the deployants? I kinda want the adjustable deployant but it’s $13k….

When I took delivery, I “upgraded” from the tang buckle to the the deployant. It was basically a trade in and pay the difference deal so I think I paid around $6000 extra. (Not sure now but it is around there) I actually bought another deployant clasp for the RQ about a year ago. I think there was a price increase from then.

What do you mean by adjustable? I thought there is only one version of the deployant clasp? I believe the deployant in Pt should be about $8000 and not $13000.
Old 22 April 2023, 10:12 AM   #1235
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Happy Friday!!

Absolute beauty! Pictures do not do justice to the dead beat seconds
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2023, 11:08 AM   #1236
daytonaTBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When I took delivery, I “upgraded” from the tang buckle to the the deployant. It was basically a trade in and pay the difference deal so I think I paid around $6000 extra. (Not sure now but it is around there) I actually bought another deployant clasp for the RQ about a year ago. I think there was a price increase from then.

What do you mean by adjustable? I thought there is only one version of the deployant clasp? I believe the deployant in Pt should be about $8000 and not $13000.
Yeah there’s another type of deployant different from the regular single fold one. The adjustable is also a single fold but it is thicker and basically has a wheel that you can rotate into different numbered positions to adjust for the right fit.

I’m getting my tv on the pin buckle and have a spare tantalum deployant from my cb that I can use if it’s too top heavy, but also considering the adjustable one to help with the fit cause I have a smaller wrist.
daytonaTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2023, 04:32 PM   #1237
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
Absolute beauty! Pictures do not do justice to the dead beat seconds
Old 22 April 2023, 04:37 PM   #1238
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaTBR View Post
Yeah there’s another type of deployant different from the regular single fold one. The adjustable is also a single fold but it is thicker and basically has a wheel that you can rotate into different numbered positions to adjust for the right fit.

I’m getting my tv on the pin buckle and have a spare tantalum deployant from my cb that I can use if it’s too top heavy, but also considering the adjustable one to help with the fit cause I have a smaller wrist.
I can promise you that the TV is top heavy. When I was putting it on today, I was just commenting to my wife that this is the heaviest watch I ever put on.

The tantalum deployant is supposed to be an unicorn and you actually have a spare!
Old 22 April 2023, 11:34 PM   #1239
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:

Definitely an adjustable deployant with wheel as described

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2023, 05:21 AM   #1240
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdnb View Post
Definitely an adjustable deployant with wheel as described

I will ask to see one next time when I am at the boutique. It sounds like a neat feature but not sure if I want to spend an extra $5000 for it though.
Old 2 May 2023, 12:42 AM   #1241
ypnadkar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1815 Annual Calend
The watches are amazing. I went to the West Hollywood Boutique last year and tried on a few pieces and liked the 40MM Elegante and the CS. Last week visited the NY Boutique in Soho. They only had a couple high end pieces to try out, they said none on the watches in display cases can be tried because they dont have a working movement? The overall NY Boutique experience was lacking. Even with an appointment, the service agent was super scattered and basically said it is gonna be hard to find any watch to purchase anytime soon. I told him I know :)
ypnadkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 02:44 AM   #1242
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
I've been to the NYC boutique a couple of times, and while they dont let you try on the watches in the display cases, they did let me try on a couple of watches to get a sense of the 40 & 42 wear on my wrist. Overall I found that the people are pretty friendly but given how many people stop in on a weekly basis I get how scattered they could appear to be.
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 02:53 AM   #1243
llngoc
"TRF" Member

I was told that they cannot even remove the pieces from the display case. From my experience, if you make the appointment ahead of time and let them know what pieces you are interested in, they will try to see if they can find one for you to try on. (Provided that there is enough time ahead) The first time they transferred a piece in from the NYC boutique to the LA store and in another few weeks I will be visiting the boutique to take a look at another piece which they actually borrow from a local collector to show me.

I always have excellent experience with the LA store. The only other FPJ boutique I visited was the Paris store but it was just to drop by to say hi to the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypnadkar View Post
The watches are amazing. I went to the West Hollywood Boutique last year and tried on a few pieces and liked the 40MM Elegante and the CS. Last week visited the NY Boutique in Soho. They only had a couple high end pieces to try out, they said none on the watches in display cases can be tried because they dont have a working movement? The overall NY Boutique experience was lacking. Even with an appointment, the service agent was super scattered and basically said it is gonna be hard to find any watch to purchase anytime soon. I told him I know :)
Old 4 May 2023, 03:44 AM   #1244
buddenfan
Banned

Is it impossible to get an Elegante at retail price?
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 03:45 AM   #1245
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
This is epic and officially on my wishlist.

In the meantime…

Im so jelly haha :)

How long did it take you to acquire it?
Old 4 May 2023, 04:03 AM   #1246
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Is it impossible to get an Elegante at retail price?
They have stopped waitlisting fot a while. So, pretty impossible if you are not already on the list.
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 11:16 AM   #1247
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
Im so jelly haha :)

How long did it take you to acquire it?

I’d like to go on the record and say that these pieces are attainable at retail. The Journe team just wants to get to know you and make sure you’re not looking to make a quick buck - this is very important.

I didn’t initially inquire about the elegante and visited first In 2020 and inquired about the Lune, but asked for this I believe in May of last year and got it in November.

In my my experience they’re some of the most genuine folks I’ve met in the game and they treat their community like family. Oh and did I mention the watches are amazing?

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 11:26 AM   #1248
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’d like to go on the record and say that these pieces are attainable at retail. The Journe team just wants to get to know you and make sure you’re not looking to make a quick buck - this is very important.

I didn’t initially inquire about the elegante and visited first In 2020 and inquired about the Lune, but asked for this I believe in May of last year and got it in November.

In my my experience they’re some of the most genuine folks I’ve met in the game and they treat their community like family. Oh and did I mention the watches are amazing?

They closed the waitlist for the Elegante about 3 years ago, so if you got on the list a year ago and received it in 6 months that’s very unusual.
I have been a Journe collector for 5 years and it took me 2 1/2 years to get my Elegante which I received in November as well.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 11:40 AM   #1249
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
They closed the waitlist for the Elegante about 3 years ago, so if you got on the list a year ago and received it in 6 months that’s very unusual.
I have been a Journe collector for 5 years and it took me 2 1/2 years to get my Elegante which I received in November as well.
Jeez. These companies are so ridiculous :(
Old 4 May 2023, 05:03 PM   #1250
RRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My experience has been the exact opposite and I suppose most people will make the experience I made, not yours.

I first inquired about a CS RG in 2019 and changed my order to the CO in January 2020. At the time I was told there were quite a few orders for the CO from established clients and I would have to wait "for some time". I've visited the boutique 4-5 time p.a. since then and whenever I ask about an allocation I still get the ol' "all the allocations for the next SEVERAL years have already been made, we don't know when you will get the watch". Considering this, the wait time for the watch will be at least (!!!!) 6-7y, most likely more. I've worn a couple of different watches when I visited, most of them aren't what you'd consider "hype" pieces (except a Daytona lol), so me not being a flipper was pretty clear early on.

On top of that, grey market prices on FPJ aren't what they used to be a year or two ago, there's not alot of money to be made from a CO. There's one on C24 for just CHF 160'000.00, so not a huge profit for a potential flipper considering the dealer most likely didn't pay the CHF 160'000.00 to acquire the watch.

The average response time of them to an email is 2-3 weeks, I mean what the f***?

They are even less transparent than Rolex ime. All of this is why I completely lost interest in FPJ and started pursuing other, more achievable brands. Don't get me wrong, they make outstanding watches, but I'm not going go degrade myself and wait 6-7y+ for some item.
RRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 05:18 PM   #1251
namelesswatchguy
"TRF" Member

What’s retail on a CO these days? I thought it was still below 100k for platinum. Secondary price of 160k is still a huge premium!

namelesswatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 05:42 PM   #1252
RRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by namelesswatchguy View Post
What’s retail on a CO these days? I thought it was still below 100k for platinum. Secondary price of 160k is still a huge premium!

I think it's closing in on 120k, by the time I could hypothetically get it, the price will be near 200k lol. I got on the list when it was around 90k, the good ol' days.

Considering the Grey has a margin of 10-20%, there's not a whole lot of profit left for the flipper. I'd argue that there are alot of brands which will amount a better profit in a shorter time than the semi available Journe watches, not including stuff like the RQ, TV and the likes. I could be wrong though!
RRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2023, 05:43 PM   #1253
namelesswatchguy
"TRF" Member

oof I didn’t realize it was so high now…the QP is “only” 88k!

Old 4 May 2023, 05:43 PM   #1254
namelesswatchguy
"TRF" Member

(The CO is so amazing though, swooon)

Old 4 May 2023, 10:42 PM   #1255
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Here I am at the most recent FPJ monthly meetup at the boutique.

Old 5 May 2023, 03:50 AM   #1256
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRJ View Post
My experience has been the exact opposite and I suppose most people will make the experience I made, not yours.

I first inquired about a CS RG in 2019 and changed my order to the CO in January 2020. At the time I was told there were quite a few orders for the CO from established clients and I would have to wait "for some time". I've visited the boutique 4-5 time p.a. since then and whenever I ask about an allocation I still get the ol' "all the allocations for the next SEVERAL years have already been made, we don't know when you will get the watch". Considering this, the wait time for the watch will be at least (!!!!) 6-7y, most likely more. I've worn a couple of different watches when I visited, most of them aren't what you'd consider "hype" pieces (except a Daytona lol), so me not being a flipper was pretty clear early on.

On top of that, grey market prices on FPJ aren't what they used to be a year or two ago, there's not alot of money to be made from a CO. There's one on C24 for just CHF 160'000.00, so not a huge profit for a potential flipper considering the dealer most likely didn't pay the CHF 160'000.00 to acquire the watch.

The average response time of them to an email is 2-3 weeks, I mean what the f***?

They are even less transparent than Rolex ime. All of this is why I completely lost interest in FPJ and started pursuing other, more achievable brands. Don't get me wrong, they make outstanding watches, but I'm not going go degrade myself and wait 6-7y+ for some item.
Had a few conversations with US and non US boutique. The production of CO is very low. With the release of FFC this may impact the CO production even further...

CO Maybe a very difficult first Journe to purchase.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 10:46 AM   #1257
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

They're actually the most transparent brand I've encountered. People just don't realize that they'll let you know the year before you actually get an allocation.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2023, 11:00 AM   #1258
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Completely agree. The boutique has always been very transparent.

As long as the understanding is that you only put your name on an interest list and not a waitlist. If a reference on your interest list have an allocation available to you, you will be confirmed for delivery in the following year. When you put a reference down, you would be advised if it is something which can be done "soon" or in this case of a CO, something which is an unknown due to the fact that there are already a lot of people on the interest list.

It can be frustrating to the collector but at the same time, I am not sure how it can be managed better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
They're actually the most transparent brand I've encountered. People just don't realize that they'll let you know the year before you actually get an allocation.
Old 5 May 2023, 01:54 PM   #1259
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Completely agree. The boutique has always been very transparent.

As long as the understanding is that you only put your name on an interest list and not a waitlist. If a reference on your interest list have an allocation available to you, you will be confirmed for delivery in the following year. When you put a reference down, you would be advised if it is something which can be done "soon" or in this case of a CO, something which is an unknown due to the fact that there are already a lot of people on the interest list.

It can be frustrating to the collector but at the same time, I am not sure how it can be managed better.
I second your comments. Once you have established a relationship the level of transparency far exceeds other brands. I would also add that having the CO as your first Journe was possible prior to 2019. That and the RQ are almost impossible to get as first choice.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 04:07 AM   #1260
KWSub
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelesswatchguy View Post

The USD price for the platinum CO is just under $130k. And from a horological standpoint, it’s worth every penny. I would love to own one someday.
KWSub is offline   Reply With Quote