The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 May 2023, 11:07 PM   #121
jaychief
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_GMT View Post
Told the same. Manufacturing issues on the red ceramic.

This is why I said they will become very few coming throu and be rare than the Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 11:32 PM   #122
harvey
"TRF" Member

…why would it be a manufacturing issue now after all these years? there was a similar rumour when the Milgauss’s green sapphire glass.
Old 9 May 2023, 11:51 PM   #123
JLM3
"TRF" Member

Watch: blusylvx2blnrsmpbb
Took me 3 years to get mine ...longest i ever waited
JLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 12:00 AM   #124
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveOne View Post
Yes, I was told the same thing last week from my AD. Apparantly (if true or not) it is due to colour bleeding QC issues in the ceramic bezel, so they are expecting far reduced numbers for the remainder of the year, or until it is resolved. I do wonder how this could happen given it has been in production for a number of years now, so would only assume the manufacturing would have been streamlined and perfected by now.
Ditto. Bit of a mystery though especially given the fact they've been producing these bezels for a few years now, albeit in several different shades of red and blue.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 12:41 AM   #125
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

Absolute nonesese! Only have to look at the volumes on C24 there is no slow down! They just arent getting into the hands of those on "lists"
jaydav2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 05:56 AM   #126
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM3 View Post
Took me 3 years to get mine ...longest i ever waited
I’m not far away now !!
bestkepttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 05:57 AM   #127
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveOne View Post
Yes, I was told the same thing last week from my AD. Apparantly (if true or not) it is due to colour bleeding QC issues in the ceramic bezel, so they are expecting far reduced numbers for the remainder of the year, or until it is resolved. I do wonder how this could happen given it has been in production for a number of years now, so would only assume the manufacturing would have been streamlined and perfected by now.
Amazing that this still happens after all this time .
Old 10 May 2023, 06:19 AM   #128
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
1 year but lefty just 3 moths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 06:28 AM   #129
Notepad12
"TRF" Member

Also been told by my AD that Rolex is having 'significant' issues with colour bleeding on the pepsi Bezels. They are expecting a much reduced allocation this year.

(Been on the list for 3 years)

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Notepad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 08:39 AM   #130
norcalctr
"TRF" Member

Patience is the key. I still expect to wait another 2-3 years for a pepsi. I look forward to that day!
norcalctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 09:36 AM   #131
cdm765
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalctr View Post
Patience is the key. I still expect to wait another 2-3 years for a pepsi. I look forward to that day!
I think the wait is kind of fun. I almost forgot I was even on a list. Just avoid forums and you’re good!
cdm765 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 02:52 PM   #132
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

3 years for SS and 4 years for WG meteorite
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 03:55 PM   #133
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

I waited on my AD's list for about 2 years. Only bought two other Rolex's from them. Then they lose their AD status. So purchase history and wait list (if it was even real) is gone. But the real kicker is that right after they lost their AD status what shows up in the display case? A brand new Pepsi GMT on Jubilee.... asking $27K. This was a bit ago and grey market prices have fallen. But I lost my taste for Rolex AD's and not much desire for Rolex in general since then. My 60th birthday is coming up this year. Maybe I'll try again but I'd be starting from scratch.
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 04:11 PM   #134
lab rat
"TRF" Member

I’ve been told at local AD that everything with red on the bezel was expected to be discontinued at the last Watches and Wonders. They were surprised BLRO survived.

I am not on the list for that model, but l regularly chat with people working there about everything interesting. Issues with colouring part of the bezel red and part of it blue seems to be the problem.

Everybody knows they colour the whole bezel red, then half of it blue. I guess they tried vice verse, too. Mixing red and blue on ceramic is a problem for one or the other colour. Either they are not the right shade, or the line separating colours is not as sharp as intended.

I guess producing red and black should be easier.
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 06:15 PM   #135
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I noticed when shining a uv light on the BLRO the entire bezel lumes red, explains why now.
Old 10 May 2023, 08:06 PM   #136
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
I waited on my AD's list for about 2 years. Only bought two other Rolex's from them. Then they lose their AD status. So purchase history and wait list (if it was even real) is gone. But the real kicker is that right after they lost their AD status what shows up in the display case? A brand new Pepsi GMT on Jubilee.... asking $27K.
Pretty slimy, even by AD standards!
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 08:26 AM   #137
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

The wait continues!
Old 30 May 2023, 11:38 AM   #138
cydesai
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkepttime View Post
The wait continues!
Me too OP!

I believe something is definitely off about Pepsi allocations to the AD, specifically the Jubilee bracelet. I’ve spent some time analyzing and cataloging all different incomings in the recent weeks/months. Looks like there were a few BLRO on oyster incomings, and one jubilee I found on Reddit. These could be surplus stock in AD’s values that were sold to the right person. But Pepsis have been missing.

I anticipate in coming weeks, we’ll see a big stock dump to ADs. Probably mid-summer or early fall? Let’s hope that happens soon!
cydesai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 02:32 PM   #139
cmc_tht
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette View Post
Put my name on the list in August of 2019 and received “the call” in December 2022. So a little over three years. Well worth the wait plus the MK3 dial looks much better than the original MK1 dials. The one I bought had an oyster bracelet but I ordered a jubilee separately so best of both worlds. Now I’m on the waitlist for a black dial Daytona but my AD quoted me a 5 year waitlist.
I thought the only difference is the bezel
cmc_tht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 02:48 PM   #140
cmc_tht
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_GMT View Post
Told the same. Manufacturing issues on the red ceramic.
They managed to produce green, blue, brown and even grey the latest. I wonder why red bothers them that much.

Anyways, glad to hear that, as an owner of BLRO
Old 30 May 2023, 02:48 PM   #141
cmc_tht
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
…why would it be a manufacturing issue now after all these years? there was a similar rumour when the Milgauss’s green sapphire glass.
Then the milgauss discontinued.
Old 30 May 2023, 04:15 PM   #142
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc_tht View Post
Then the milgauss discontinued.
…sorry but I was referring back to 2008.
Old 30 May 2023, 10:43 PM   #143
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydesai View Post
Me too OP!

I believe something is definitely off about Pepsi allocations to the AD, specifically the Jubilee bracelet. I’ve spent some time analyzing and cataloging all different incomings in the recent weeks/months. Looks like there were a few BLRO on oyster incomings, and one jubilee I found on Reddit. These could be surplus stock in AD’s values that were sold to the right person. But Pepsis have been missing.

I anticipate in coming weeks, we’ll see a big stock dump to ADs. Probably mid-summer or early fall? Let’s hope that happens soon!
My ad recently said they where 'Rare'
Old 30 May 2023, 10:46 PM   #144
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post
Absolute nonesese! Only have to look at the volumes on C24 there is no slow down! They just arent getting into the hands of those on "lists"
Sure because we all know ALL the watches listed on Chrono 24 are actual inventory lol.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 11:22 PM   #145
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Me too OP!

You’re not going to find out any worthwhile info analysing data from forums and Reddit
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 01:29 AM   #146
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
Visited my AD in April 2019 and put in a request. July 2019 was offered a rootbeer, but turned it down. January 2020 got the text that my BLRO came in.
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 04:43 AM   #147
cydesai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
You’re not going to find out any worthwhile info analysing data from forums and Reddit
I am 100% sure you right my friend. But, those of us in the waiting have nothing but guesswork and 'fake' analysis to keep us from losing patience
Old 31 May 2023, 06:49 AM   #148
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
I am 100% sure you right my friend. But, those of us in the waiting have nothing but guesswork and 'fake' analysis to keep us from losing patience
Fair enough. I mean I have asked for one for the last three years and haven’t got it. I haven’t pursued it though. You have to work out if they person you’re dealing with actually likes you, and not pretending I think is key.

If I wanted enough I would just go spend the extra money myself. During this process I have had a meteorite Daytona though , go figure lol.

There’s a lot of threads going around about pepsi production being halted. I was told this by my guy directly, and he’s pretty solid on stuff if he doesn’t know he will genuinely just say he doesn’t know.

If you want it that bad it’ll be worth every penny you pay over honesty it will. Over the next 5 years it will probably cost what you pay over in price increases alone.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 07:33 AM   #149
cv5
Banned

Watch: Omega Seamaster
Enjoy the ones you're getting and be patient it will come.
cv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 07:41 AM   #150
cydesai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Fair enough. I mean I have asked for one for the last three years and haven’t got it. I haven’t pursued it though. You have to work out if they person you’re dealing with actually likes you, and not pretending I think is key.

If I wanted enough I would just go spend the extra money myself. During this process I have had a meteorite Daytona though , go figure lol.

There’s a lot of threads going around about pepsi production being halted. I was told this by my guy directly, and he’s pretty solid on stuff if he doesn’t know he will genuinely just say he doesn’t know.

If you want it that bad it’ll be worth every penny you pay over honesty it will. Over the next 5 years it will probably cost what you pay over in price increases alone.
Sound advice! Have kept this year end as my deadline.