The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 November 2021, 04:10 PM   #121
Neom
Banned

I would go for the Lange everytime, really love their watches and design philosophy
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 05:34 PM   #122
woodsworth
"TRF" Member

I don't own one, but I am a Lange fanboy.

Waiting for a really special moment in my life to get my Datograph :) Perhaps in 9months..... ;)
woodsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 03:38 AM   #123
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
GPHG awarded Louis Vuitton a diver award this year. I think that’s all that needs to be seen. It’s a complete joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have a pint of bitter, if you're buying.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 03:48 AM   #124
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
I'll have a pint of bitter, if you're buying.

I’ll buy if you bring the LV watch so i can point and laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 11:00 PM   #125
vliberman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetherolex View Post
Why do you say that? Someone that has more information than you and tells the truth makes them angry? I own and have owned Journe, I’m just honest about it.

Is 1000% is a hype brand. The watches were sitting even in 2020 and were sitting forever before that. Hugely discounted. Tough sells. Until Watchbox came along. What do awards have to do with that? Why do are these facts objectionable to you? Because you bought into the hype?

There is no narrative as you put it. Just facts.

https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/08/wat...e-bethune.html

https://storage.googleapis.com/pubza...ci_6994271.jpg An earlier version of the article by SJX.

Read between the lines. This is the diplomatic wording. Everyone in the industry knows it’s true because they were there and deep enough in it. Dollars to doughnuts you got in after the hype and don’t want to feel taken for a ride. That’s understandable. In fact most if not all the people who find these facts objectionable are in the same boat. The replies are there. It was obvious llngoc bought one more recently before he said it, just by his reaction.

OP asked, I answered like everyone else, and gave context. So let’s not fool ourselves or try to shut down discussion. You should be happy someone is giving you the straight dope instead of blowing smoke up your you know what.

At the next for the day, it doesn’t matter what you’re interested in, you can’t rewrite facts or history by putting your head in the sand. Educate yourself. And if you don’t want to, others do.
Came across this thread… a kind reminder that hubris is always a must..
vliberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 04:47 AM   #126
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Lange for me.

It resonates with my personality.

Overengineered to a fault, but unapologetically precise in it's simplicity.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2024, 08:33 PM   #127
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Lange for me.

It resonates with my personality.

Overengineered to a fault, but unapologetically precise in it's simplicity.
I concur Lange for me over Journe
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 02:29 AM   #128
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

I don’t understand how one can realistically compare these two brands and say better or worse. There is really nothing alike other than telling time.

I personally love both but can find no way to say how you can make a proper comparison. The styles and purposes are simply too diverse. It’s like asking if Ferrari or Lamborghini is better. There is no realistic answer though yes some appeal to certain people. But both exist properly in their own right and are both good in certain purposes.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 12:34 AM   #129
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post
I don’t understand how one can realistically compare these two brands and say better or worse. There is really nothing alike other than telling time.

I personally love both but can find no way to say how you can make a proper comparison. The styles and purposes are simply too diverse. It’s like asking if Ferrari or Lamborghini is better. There is no realistic answer though yes some appeal to certain people. But both exist properly in their own right and are both good in certain purposes.
100% agree. I have both brands and like both of them however my top three watches in my collection has a spot for a FPJ but not a Lange. But it is all due to my personal taste and nothing else. FPJ is more “romantic” and organic and ALS is very German if you know what I mean. Availability can also come into consideration since most ALS are now more accessible with a reasonable wait. But FPJ is still not easy to come by.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote