The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,024 70.14%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 61 4.18%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 375 25.68%
Voters: 1460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 June 2021, 04:09 AM   #1561
tgoose1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Why don't you run a "real-life" test by actually wearing your Sub vigorously every day as a Rolex is intended to be used. No full winds, just wear 8-12 hours/day and report +- gains once per week based on a source such as Time.Gov for a consistent/precise base reference. Do this for a few months, benefit to you is getting to wear your watch, think of that! I fully realize the practicality of such a test probably doesn't appeal to some following this thread, but it will to those who actually wear a 32xx movement Rolex watch every day.
tgoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:13 AM   #1562
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoose1 View Post
Why don't you run a "real-life" test by actually wearing your Sub vigorously every day as a Rolex is intended to be used. No full winds, just wear 8-12 hours/day and report +- gains once per week based on a source such as Time.Gov for a consistent/precise base reference. Do this for a few months, benefit to you is getting to wear your watch, think of that!. I fully realize the practicality of such a test probably doesn't appeal to some following this thread, but it will to those who actually wear a 32xx movement Rolex watch every day.

I've posted such results before on here. If I recall they were deemed crude and not befitting the purpose of this thread.
Old 19 June 2021, 04:22 AM   #1563
tgoose1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I've posted such results before on here. If I recall they were deemed crude and not befitting the purpose of this thread.
This thread has become something other than originally intended, and just a platform for a couple "contributors" 15 minutes of forum fame, which expired in my opinion months ago.
tgoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:35 AM   #1564
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Why don't you run a "real-life" test
I have run "Real Life" tests several times.

Indeed I am still recording Real life results for mt 126610.

i have used a variety of methods one of which i have posted about here a few times.
Apart from using my Chronoscope i use, twice daily, an app on my iPhone called WatchTracker. I have been running this recording my Sub-date's progress for well over a 48 days now.

As explained for the past week I have been monitoring my watch on the Chronoscope in a Dial Up position. Over this period my watch has gained about 6 seconds in total.

I have always said my watch runs with exceptionally good accuracy, Precision and Timekeeping.

So Real life Tests have been and will continue to be done simultanously and alongside the more technical Chronoscope tests.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:43 AM   #1565
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why don't you run a "real-life" test by actually wearing your Sub
Here is a copy of my WatchTracker record to date…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 June 2021, 04:49 AM   #1566
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
they were deemed crude and not befitting the purpose of this thread.
Data collected via an app such as the one I have just mentioned above (WatchTracker) is not a lot of use when trying to get precise technical results of how a watch is behaving.

But, It is excellent for the testing a watch's timekeeping.

Part of what is needed for the research being done in this thread is Amplitude. Unfortunately an iPhone app or similar just wont provide the data needed.

Don't think that your data is deemed to be "crude".

Please also remember that there are language differences here and certain people do not have the same use as a native speaker.
Old 19 June 2021, 04:51 AM   #1567
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
This thread has become something other than originally intended, and just a platform for a couple "contributors" 15 minutes of forum fame, which expired in my opinion months ago.
That pretty much described it.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:52 AM   #1568
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This thread has become something other than originally intended
Really ?.

The thread is and always has been about the problems that some people have has with their 32xx movements.

Slowly things are becoming more apparant and things are being learnt.

This thread is right on track apart from some sidetracks.
Old 19 June 2021, 04:52 AM   #1569
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post

That pretty much described it.
Thats YOUR opinion.

I would have hoped that after making over 17k posts something a little more useful would have been the content of your post
Old 19 June 2021, 05:19 AM   #1570
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Thats YOUR opinion.

its NOT mine.
No kidding? I am so surprised.

You do all you like with your electronics measuring equipment and relating results as compared to the relative humidity, and curvature of the Earth to your hearts content. It’s obviously a passion, maybe a hobby(?). I see this whole thread as a couple people with an agenda, to prove the 32 series is defective. Rolex didn’t get to be Rolex by making defective movements, and if there is a problem, it will be fixed.

But hey, like you pointed out, that’s just my opinion. If you are enjoying all this testing and mini-second comparison by all means, have at it and more power to you! I’ll just wear my watch and enjoy it.
Old 19 June 2021, 05:26 AM   #1571
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see this whole thread as a couple people with an agenda
I’ll just wear my watch and enjoy it.
I have repeatedly said My watch is superb and runs very Accurately with great precision and close to perfect timekeeping. I am NOT dishing Rolex at all .... on the contrary.

I am glad you enjoy wearing your watch. I am wearing one of my watches as I type this.

I will now return to the subject of this thread.
Old 19 June 2021, 07:00 AM   #1572
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see this whole thread as a couple people with an agenda, to prove the 32 series is defective.
Post #1342 (Andad) 17.05.2021

"Or could some posters on this thread with no real agenda other than to sink it find another thread to badger and complain about?

Can we now continue with the data collection and see where the results take us without the personal attacks."
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 07:08 AM   #1573
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

+1
Old 19 June 2021, 09:09 AM   #1574
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Data collected via an app such as the one I have just mentioned above (WatchTracker) is not a lot of use when trying to get precise technical results of how a watch is behaving.

But, It is excellent for the testing a watch's timekeeping.

Part of what is needed for the research being done in this thread is Amplitude. Unfortunately an iPhone app or similar just wont provide the data needed.

Don't think that your data is deemed to be "crude".

Please also remember that there are language differences here and certain people do not have the same use as a native speaker.

Can't real life data also be collected on a Weishi or similar? Instead of tests that run for hours, just take the watch off, run some short tests and put it back on. After all, I'm sure that most people would prefer a watch's precision and accuracy to greatest while being worn.??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 12:16 PM   #1575
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Post #1342 (Andad) 17.05.2021

"Or could some posters on this thread with no real agenda other than to sink it find another thread to badger and complain about?

Can we now continue with the data collection and see where the results take us without the personal attacks."
Quote:
+1

Oh boy, you guys really showed me. How will I ever recover my self confidence?
Old 19 June 2021, 01:43 PM   #1576
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:

But hey, like you pointed out, that’s just my opinion. If you are enjoying all this testing and mini-second comparison by all means, have at it and more power to you! I’ll just wear my watch and enjoy it.
Hey I think the issue is for some people they can't enjoy things like this knowing there is a defect. I'm like this with my cars to be honest. If there is a known issue with it I need to get it fixed.

The group of people here are like this and they're vocal about it because they want a fix.

I got rid of my YM as soon as it started showing signs of the issue as it would bug me to have a full gold Rolex that's in decay.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 03:19 PM   #1577
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Stay tuned, more interesting data to come soon:

Amplitude 'breakdowns' (periods with reduced amplitude) in power reserve scans of the 3235 movement.
Old 19 June 2021, 04:04 PM   #1578
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
I haven’t voted , But put my June 2018 126710 on today and the movement sounds like it’s full off sand ,it runs and I have wound it up by hand , but when I gently rock it ,It sounds awful , I’ll drop it in my AD and ask his opinion

I will follow this up when I have more info
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 04:12 PM   #1579
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
I haven’t voted , But put my June 2018 126710 on today and the movement sounds like it’s full off sand ,it runs and I have wound it up by hand , but when I gently rock it ,It sounds awful , I’ll drop it in my AD and ask his opinion

I will follow this up when I have more info

Your contribution is much appreciated here.

Try to get some timegrapher measurements, after full winding, in all 5 positions except DU (dial up). The amplitudes and rates will tell very much about the present 3285 caliber state.

The BLRO is a beautiful watch! I bought mine also in 2018. It is the blue curve in my post #1501, an unworn watch.
Old 19 June 2021, 05:18 PM   #1580
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
Can't real life data also be collected on a Weishi or similar? Instead of tests that run for hours, just take the watch off, run some short tests and put it back on. After all, I'm sure that most people would prefer a watch's precision and accuracy to greatest while being worn.??
Yes, data can be collected from all methods and is most welcome here.
Using a Weishi is a great method and the results are really helpful.
There is a very small amount of protocol to do when wearing and measuring at the same time but it is more than simple ….. It boils down to just taking a little time for the watch to stabilise.

I would suggest a minimum of 5 mins before the first reading and 3 mins between positions.
Lift angle at 53 degrees if using a 32xx movement and a setting of 99.9 for the observations.
Old 19 June 2021, 05:27 PM   #1581
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Hey I think the issue is for some people they can't enjoy things like this knowing there is a defect.
HANG ON A MOMENT …..
I am, and have several times, stated that my 3235 equipped Sub-Date 126610 is running extremely well
It has great Precision, Accuracy and Timekeeping.

I have NO complaints at all.

I still wear my watch.
I have NO intention of getting rid of it.
I like it.
There is nothing wrong with it.
There is no defect.
It does not need a "Fix".

What more can I say. How much simpler can I make it ?

I am however researching into it's tiny beating “Heart” and that is ONLY for my personal satisfaction.

I have noticed something “Odd” happening twice in every 24 hours that is as yet unexplained. This “Odd” thing is fully repeatable and is seen by others.
It does not mean that anything is wrong with the watch. It’s only something that puzzles me.
Old 19 June 2021, 06:26 PM   #1582
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
HANG ON A MOMENT …..
I am, and have several times, stated that my 3235 equipped Sub-Date 126610 is running extremely well
It has great Precision, Accuracy and Timekeeping.

I have NO complaints at all.

I still wear my watch.
I have NO intention of getting rid of it.
I like it.
There is nothing wrong with it.
There is no defect.
It does not need a "Fix".

What more can I say. How much simpler can I make it ?

I am however researching into it's tiny beating “Heart” and that is ONLY for my personal satisfaction.

I have noticed something “Odd” happening twice in every 24 hours that is as yet unexplained. This “Odd” thing is fully repeatable and is seen by others.
It does not mean that anything is wrong with the watch. It’s only something that puzzles me.

Look mate I wasn’t specifically referring to anyone. The person i was responding appears to be displeased with the thread and is telling people to just go west and enjoy the watch. I’m just saying some people can’t knowing there is a defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 04:03 AM   #1583
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see this whole thread as a couple people with an agenda, to prove the 32 series is defective. Rolex didn’t get to be Rolex by making defective movements, and if there is a problem, it will be fixed
I have to push back on this rather firmly. My intention in creating this thread was to document patterns and try to establish what was normal as well as bring some awareness to a situation that deserves attention given the reputation of the company and the cost of the product. Why, as the owner of (now 2) 32xx watches would I have "an agenda" to prove it sucks? Do I prefer to own sub-par items? Do I hope the value of the items I own drops? Come on, man. And you can make completely hollow statements like "it will be fixed" but when? And at whose cost? The movement has been out for 6 years already. It's not like we're making a fuss on release day.

I have now owned my 2020 126613LB Sub for 6 months. Bought new at an AD, still wrapped in its coffin. From the beginning it has run low in terms of amplitude per the Rolex spec and based on the opinions of 3 Rolex watchmakers. I wear it a few times a month in rotation with a half dozen other watches. I have intentionally not checked it over the last several months so I can avoid obsessing over any problems and just enjoy owning it.
But from the beginning I had planned to monitor it every 6 months so I plan to stick to that.

Here's how it's looking for the 6 month check-up...

Test conditions: Fully wound, then 48 hours later, fully wound again (80 winds at that second winding - just to be certain). I wanted to ensure it had been running for a few days prior to testing since others have reported degradation of results "after sitting". For each position change I let the watch acclimate for 5 minutes, then monitored the results for 2 full minutes recording the range of amplitude and s/d. What is listed below is the mean value for each of those ranges.

0 hours:
Dial up: 252 deg, +1 s/d
Dial down: 243 deg, +2 s/d
3 up: 195 deg, -8 s/d
9 up: 199 deg, -3 s/d
6 up: 204 deg, -3 s/d

Those results were disappointing to say the least. Already below the 24 hour spec (> 200 degrees) at full wind. Could I have a winding mechanism issue? I gave it another 25 winds to see if it changed.

3 up: 204 deg, -6 s/d - a small improvement
Dial up: 245 deg, +1 s/d - a small reduction in amplitude

Moving on... let it sit 24 hours, dial up.

24 hours:
Dial up: 244 deg, +2 s/d
Dial down: 224 deg, +1 s/d
3 up: 192 deg, -8 s/d
9 up: 183 deg, -5 s/d
6 up: 185 deg, -3 s/d

Odd that dial up basically hadn't dropped, though it had the most "stabilization" in that it had not moved for 24 hours prior to measuring. Amplitudes across the board were pretty much "pathetic" though the timekeeping wasn't too far out.

Sat again for 24 hours, dial up.

48 hours:
Dial up: 209 deg, -2 s/d
Dial down: 191 deg, -1 s/d
3 up: 135 deg, -31 s/d
9 up: 160 deg, -5 s/d
6 up: 149 deg, -11 s/d

Now the amplitudes are really bad and timekeeping in some positions is way off. I'm aborting the test at this point. Don't care if it runs another 20 hours, it's already off the rails at this power reserve.

So what's the takeaway? If the watch is fully wound, timekeeping is great. On the other hand, it already seems to have degraded in only 6 months wearing it only about 5 days a month. I will check again at 1 year. Why does any of this matter? Because clearly my watch has a problem. Can a person go through their day not realizing they have stage 4 cancer? Of course. But would it be better if they knew? Of course! At the very least, this will ensure that I send this thing in for warranty repair before its time runs out. If I were just bumbling along like some of you advocate I may not realize there's an issue and miss the warranty cut-off. Given the quick decline of my specs I suspect I won't even make it to the 5 year mark before the thing must be sent in. But we shall see.

I still fail to see how documenting this process hurts anyone. But I also don't care anymore. Those who see the value in these owner reports have access to it, those who do not, yet oddly also have nothing better to do with their time, will continue to be annoyed.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 05:26 AM   #1584
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I have to push back on this rather firmly. My intention in creating this thread was to document patterns and try to establish what was normal as well as bring some awareness to a situation that deserves attention given the reputation of the company and the cost of the product. Why, as the owner of (now 2) 32xx watches would I have "an agenda" to prove it sucks? Do I prefer to own sub-par items? Do I hope the value of the items I own drops? Come on, man. And you can make completely hollow statements like "it will be fixed" but when? And at whose cost? The movement has been out for 6 years already. It's not like we're making a fuss on release day.

I have now owned my 2020 126613LB Sub for 6 months. Bought new at an AD, still wrapped in its coffin. From the beginning it has run low in terms of amplitude per the Rolex spec and based on the opinions of 3 Rolex watchmakers. I wear it a few times a month in rotation with a half dozen other watches. I have intentionally not checked it over the last several months so I can avoid obsessing over any problems and just enjoy owning it.
But from the beginning I had planned to monitor it every 6 months so I plan to stick to that.

Test conditions: Fully wound, then 48 hours later, fully wound again (80 winds at that second winding - just to be certain). I wanted to ensure it had been running for a few days prior to testing since others have reported degradation of results "after sitting". For each position change I let the watch acclimate for 5 minutes, then monitored the results for 2 full minutes recording the range of amplitude and s/d. What is listed below is the mean value for each of those ranges.

0 hours:

Those results were disappointing to say the least. Already below the 24 hour spec (> 200 degrees) at full wind. Could I have a winding mechanism issue? I gave it another 25 winds to see if it changed.

24 hours:

Odd that dial up basically hadn't dropped, though it had the most "stabilization" in that it had not moved for 24 hours prior to measuring. Amplitudes across the board were pretty much "pathetic" though the timekeeping wasn't too far out.

48 hours:

Now the amplitudes are really bad and timekeeping in some positions is way off. I'm aborting the test at this point. Don't care if it runs another 20 hours, it's already off the rails at this power reserve.

So what's the takeaway? If the watch is fully wound, timekeeping is great. On the other hand, it already seems to have degraded in only 6 months wearing it only about 5 days a month. I will check again at 1 year. Why does any of this matter? Because clearly my watch has a problem. Can a person go through their day not realizing they have stage 4 cancer? Of course. But would it be better if they knew? Of course! At the very least, this will ensure that I send this thing in for warranty repair before its time runs out. If I were just bumbling along like some of you advocate I may not realize there's an issue and miss the warranty cut-off. Given the quick decline of my specs I suspect I won't even make it to the 5 year mark before the thing must be sent in. But we shall see.

I still fail to see how documenting this process hurts anyone. But I also don't care anymore. Those who see the value in these owner reports have access to it, those who do not, yet oddly also have nothing better to do with their time, will continue to be annoyed.
Great analogy, comparing a human being with stage 4 cancer to a possibly malfunctioning wrist watch.

If you guys want to continue with your measurements by all means, go ahead. Dedicate 20 hours a day to it if you like; it is obviously a hobby/passion/obsession for some. I don’t get it, but it’s your watch and your time. You have a five year warranty on your watch, if something is “broken” you will know it long before the warranty expires. I check my watch on the first of each month against internet time. My eight month old Sub is running consistently - 1.5 seconds a day, well within tolerance and my satisfaction. If it starts to waiver, I will take it in and am sure the issue will be resolved. Testing like this makes sense, what doesn’t is comparing the amplitude during the day versus the night versus a hot day versus a cold versus 1.6 gigawats… Etc. It seems you are SEARCHING for an issue and am hopeful it will be discovered; and will you be happy when you find something wrong?. Why? Do you want to prove that Rolex is screwed up? That there is a conspiracy from the most sought-after watch manufacturer in history? Is there a prize for this? I don’t understand the desire and NEED to perform microsurgery on the movement accuracy. Can’t you just wear your watch and enjoy it?

But hey, admittedly that is just my view, by all means enjoy your in-depth analysis and concerns over the amplitude (I honestly don’t even know what that means) and I hope you find out whatever it is you seek.
Old 20 June 2021, 05:47 AM   #1585
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Personally, I have found this thread to be very interesting. However I can't agree with the protocols for data collection. Watches are designed to be worn aren't they. Collection of data while the watch sits in a stationary position is perhaps giving a false data set. Surely a real world wind,wear test and wear again is more purposeful. If these were manual wind watches, then fair enough, but why aren't we testing the watch as designed - purpetual auto winds.

watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 06:36 AM   #1586
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great analogy, comparing a human being with stage 4 cancer to a possibly malfunctioning wrist watch.

If you guys want to continue with your measurements by all means, go ahead. Dedicate 20 hours a day to it if you like; it is obviously a hobby/passion/obsession for some. I don’t get it, but it’s your watch and your time. You have a five year warranty on your watch, if something is “broken” you will know it long before the warranty expires. I check my watch on the first of each month against internet time. My eight month old Sub is running consistently - 1.5 seconds a day, well within tolerance and my satisfaction. If it starts to waiver, I will take it in and am sure the issue will be resolved. Testing like this makes sense, what doesn’t is comparing the amplitude during the day versus the night versus a hot day versus a cold versus 1.6 gigawats… Etc. It seems you are SEARCHING for an issue and am hopeful it will be discovered; and will you be happy when you find something wrong?. Why? Do you want to prove that Rolex is screwed up? That there is a conspiracy from the most sought-after watch manufacturer in history? Is there a prize for this? I don’t understand the desire and NEED to perform microsurgery on the movement accuracy. Can’t you just wear your watch and enjoy it?

But hey, admittedly that is just my view, by all means enjoy your in-depth analysis and concerns over the amplitude (I honestly don’t even know what that means) and I hope you find out whatever it is you seek.
If I were coming into your antique clock and vette threads and saying "Paul, how can you waste time thinking about such silly things when you don't even know the beat error of your 32xx in the 3U position?!" then I could fully understand your frustration. But how do you justify not even knowing what amplitude is (surely it's related to gigawatts somehow!) and yet you regularly come into a thread like this and moan about not understanding why we are here. Yeah, we get it, you don't understand. Noted. Maybe just don't click on the thread and everybody gets what they want?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 06:48 AM   #1587
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But how do you justify not even knowing what amplitude is (surely it's related to gigawatts somehow!) and yet you regularly come into a thread like this and moan about not understanding why we are here. Yeah, we get it, you don't understand. Noted. Maybe just don't click on the thread and everybody gets what they want?
Old 20 June 2021, 06:58 AM   #1588
thenewrick
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP41 Silver
It's really just people who's hobby it is to play with watch machines and apps. Which is fine but probably the wrong thread for it. Should be in general chat and leave this thread to people discussing their issues with the 32xx movements.

I agree with a previous poster that watches like being worn. Keeping them on winders or machines all the time is not how they were designed and I wouldn't consider those good measurements. Real world data points are where you start and if you have major issues, then you start testing things and gathering more data. Or just take it to a watchmaker to regulate it.

Remember these things are supposed to gain or lose 2 seconds a day with normal mixed use and mixed resting positions. Not +-2 on a watch winder or sitting on a desk in the same position everyday and being hand wound then rested in the same position in between machine checks.

It's like driving a car normally and only driving in a straight line never turning. It'll start goofing up all kinds of things over a long period of time because the wheel and tires and suspension are meant to move around and do their job.

If you're getting major issues just find a watchmaker, tell them what's up, pay the $ and get it regulated or serviced. These movements are so new they're within warranty generally.

If you don't actually use your watch properly it will start gaining or losing a lot of time.

*1 thing I've noticed is when it's low power (under 25% or so) it runs much slower. Rolex gave the watches 70 hour power reserve but really it's more like 50 good hours and 20 meh hours. This was Rolexes fault for sure. My Powermatic 80 Silicium had an 80 hour power reserve and ran within COSC specs for a couple hundred $. It's sort of like saying the OP41 is a 41mm when it's actually a 39.8mm. They say 70 hour power reserve but I'd consider it a 50 plus some weak bonus hours to be avoided.
thenewrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2021, 06:59 AM   #1589
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:

0 hours:

24 hours:

48 hours:

Many thanks for posting your results including all details and commenting posts who only want to sink this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that your watch degraded during 6 months only, but honestly that‘s what I expected looking back at the data of your very first post in our thread.

I remember that you bought the watch late December 2020.

Your caliber certainly has an issue. What I find very interesting is the fact that it is a rather new watch, i.e. 6 months old.

So the problematic movements are likely not restricted to models only sold in 2017-2019.

I will try to integrate your new data in one of my graphs. It would be nice if you would repeat your measurements in 2 or 3 months and share the results here.
Old 20 June 2021, 09:18 PM   #1590
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
Personally, I have found this thread to be very interesting. However I can't agree with the protocols for data collection. Watches are designed to be worn aren't they. Collection of data while the watch sits in a stationary position is perhaps giving a false data set. Surely a real world wind,wear test and wear again is more purposeful. If these were manual wind watches, then fair enough, but why aren't we testing the watch as designed - purpetual auto winds.

I am glad you find the thread and data found in it interesting. thats half of the point ... People have to be interested to join in and hopefully share their findings also.

I understand your thoughts on the protocols we are following.
But, please let me explain just a little more.

A few (It looks like more than I realised) have more than watch. Personally I do.

Its fine to leave a watch on "Test" whilst wearing another watch. Wearing two watches (aka going double wristed) often looks just too daft.

I currently have one of my watches on test with a time monitoring machine and the results will be shared of this experiment when this current "Run" is finished ..
I am also monitoring that watch on an iphone app called WatchTracker. Of course that is not wearing the watch so the results are not real life.

But, I am also wearing a watch every day and that is also being monitored on WatchTracker and that is most definitely Real life monitoring.
My wife is wearing her Rolex and it is also being logged on WatchTracker. Again real life.
In my wife's watch case, her watch is just 2 years old and was loosing around 40 seconds per day. I asked the RSC to regulate the watch and they did But when it was returned it was gaining over 10 seconds a day. Both of those results are well out of Rolex's specification.
Her watch went back again and now it is back it is running much better at +2 seconds per day.
All of those results were shown on the Timegrapher and also on WatchTracker.
The App did a perfect job of showing and proving something was not correct and out of spec.

I have occasionally also posted some of my watch's TimeGrapher results within this thread.