The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2021, 02:17 AM   #181
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

The estimate for the first year was 1000 watches for the whole market.
It's totally possible that the US market will have an allocation of 250 watches.
The estimate for large boutiques in US is about 25 pieces per year.
So... we will have to wait :)
I know mine will be probably in 2022. I do not expect any surprises for this year.
The production is slow, the allocation is decided by HQ, VVIPs have of course the priority.
If you are above position 20 it's quite difficult you will get it in 2021.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 02:21 AM   #182
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
The estimate for the first year was 1000 watches for the whole market.
It's totally possible that the US market will have an allocation of 250 watches.
The estimate for large boutiques in US is about 25 pieces per year.
So... we will have to wait :)
I know mine will be probably in 2022. I do not expect any surprises for this year.
The production is slow, the allocation is decided by HQ, VVIPs have of course the priority.
If you are above position 20 it's quite difficult you will get it in 2021.
I heard 2500 for first year with 250 to the US decided by Omega HQ on who get's theirs first.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 02:32 AM   #183
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I heard 2500 for first year with 250 to the US decided by Omega HQ on who get's theirs first.
I guess we will see what is going to be the rate of delivery. The exact number is unknown. When I discussed the estimate the issues with COVID were also factored, so 1000 was the realistic assessment. Maybe now the total production number has been revised.
What I know is that of the OBs I'm in contact with in US and also outside US the rate of delivery is about 1-2 pieces per month.
So, you can calculate the odds of getting your Snoopy in 2021, or in 2022... or in 2023...

I was at the Omega boutique when I heard them giving a client with deposit an estimate of waiting for about 3 years.

Demand is still huge. Premiums are insane at the moment.
I'm not sure how many dropped out from the deposit list in US, but I dont think it's a substantial number. When I inquired about 2 moths ago they told me that basically nobody took is money back.
Old 25 March 2021, 02:50 AM   #184
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I guess we will see what is going to be the rate of delivery. The exact number is unknown. When I discussed the estimate the issues with COVID were also factored, so 1000 was the realistic assessment. Maybe now the total production number has been revised.
What I know is that of the OBs I'm in contact with in US and also outside US the rate of delivery is about 1-2 pieces per month.
So, you can calculate the odds of getting your Snoopy in 2021, or in 2022... or in 2023...

I was at the Omega boutique when I heard them giving a client with deposit an estimate of waiting for about 3 years.

Demand is still huge. Premiums are insane at the moment.
I'm not sure how many dropped out from the deposit list in US, but I dont think it's a substantial number. When I inquired about 2 moths ago they told me that basically nobody took is money back.
When I first put my deposit down, I was told Q1 2021. I think at the earliest I'll be in Q1 2022. I prefer to have it sooner rather than later but right now I'm just glad I wasn't booted from the list. I was told some customers in other OB's were refunded and booted from the "if you have a deposit you're guaranteed a watch" list.
Old 25 March 2021, 03:10 AM   #185
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When I first put my deposit down, I was told Q1 2021. I think at the earliest I'll be in Q1 2022. I prefer to have it sooner rather than later but right now I'm just glad I wasn't booted from the list. I was told some customers in other OB's were refunded and booted from the "if you have a deposit you're guaranteed a watch" list.
Really? This is concerning.
I had a chat with my associate few days ago. They didn't even discussed the possibility of getting my deposit back or not having the Snoopy coming my way.
The only question was about the estimate for the timing of delivery.
That's it.

I'm sorry for the clients on the deposit list in US if this happened.
I know that they are offering refunds in Europe, but they placed a partial deposit of about 2K, the watch was not "guaranteed" ... so the model was different.
Old 25 March 2021, 04:03 AM   #186
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really? This is concerning.
I had a chat with my associate few days ago. They didn't even discussed the possibility of getting my deposit back or not having the Snoopy coming my way.
The only question was about the estimate for the timing of delivery.
That's it.

I'm sorry for the clients on the deposit list in US if this happened.
I know that they are offering refunds in Europe, but they placed a partial deposit of about 2K, the watch was not "guaranteed" ... so the model was different.
Yes, but I was told if you haven't been refunded at this point then you're still on the guaranteed to get a watch list. I think those people have no history with an Omega Boutique. Now, it's just a matter of when at this point and for most people that will probably be 2022 unless they drop some serious money at the boutique to move up.
Old 25 March 2021, 04:28 AM   #187
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, but I was told if you haven't been refunded at this point then you're still on the guaranteed to get a watch list. I think those people have no history with an Omega Boutique. Now, it's just a matter of when at this point and for most people that will probably be 2022 unless they drop some serious money at the boutique to move up.
Gotcha. Thanks for sharing the info.
I know a good number of people that are waiting on the AD interest list that soon will have a reality check.
I wasn't expecting the refund of full deposits in US.
Maybe that is happening for deposits placed mostly after Oct 5th?

Who knows.
Old 25 March 2021, 06:58 AM   #188
Napalm
"TRF" Member

My phone just rang and the caller ID said Omega Boutique. Boy, did I get excited. Unfortunately, it wasn't a call that my Snoopy had arrived. She said it will be 12-24 months before I get mine. She said the first 250 in the US were assigned from Omega HQ directly. This store has only received 2 so far. The list was 30 people deep and I'm #20.

I paid the $5k deposit on the first day they took deposits. I have no history at this OB, but I do have an Omega that they would have no records of. (Won/purchased it at a fundraiser auction.) She did say people do drop off the list, but to expect 12-24 months if nobody drops off.
Napalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 05:13 PM   #189
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
My phone just rang and the caller ID said Omega Boutique. Boy, did I get excited. Unfortunately, it wasn't a call that my Snoopy had arrived. She said it will be 12-24 months before I get mine. She said the first 250 in the US were assigned from Omega HQ directly. This store has only received 2 so far. The list was 30 people deep and I'm #20.

I paid the $5k deposit on the first day they took deposits. I have no history at this OB, but I do have an Omega that they would have no records of. (Won/purchased it at a fundraiser auction.) She did say people do drop off the list, but to expect 12-24 months if nobody drops off.
Did you get you deposit refunded ? Or you are willing to let 5k sitting at your store for 12/24 months?
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2021, 09:09 PM   #190
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:

Good Lord! $5,000 deposit and you may be waiting another two YEARS??? Ouch! Good luck, hope you get it a lot sooner than that.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 01:06 AM   #191
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Good Lord! $5,000 deposit and you may be waiting another two YEARS??? Ouch! Good luck, hope you get it a lot sooner than that.
Well the vast majority of people on the official US list is with deposit.
At least 5K.
Many of us with the full price down.
A limited number of us will get the Snoopy in 2021. This has been already confirmed by Omega.
So, I would say that the majority of customers with deposit in US will need to wait at least 1 extra year. Some will be going to two years for sure.
I don't think there is a way out. If you want the Snoopy, this is the game.

Objectively I'm fine with it, at least I will get mine.
Sooner or later.
Old 26 March 2021, 07:10 AM   #192
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
After reading these posts from the last couple of days I'm starting to think that I'll never get the call (no deposit waiting list).
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 07:30 AM   #193
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

If one cannot wait, authenticwatches is selling this for 99k USD. In fact, the same seller is offering me a 3% discount. Was tempted to counter with 90% discount. Prices of around 30k usd at Chrono24 feel like a bargain. Completely silly.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 08:11 AM   #194
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
After reading these posts from the last couple of days I'm starting to think that I'll never get the call (no deposit waiting list).
If you don't have a deposit down at a boutique, the chances are very slim to get it within the next 2 years. Year 3, I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is 250 year 1 to Omega boutiques only and another 250 in year 2 mainly to Omega boutiques. Omega might ship some of the Y2 250 allocation to AD's but not 100% on that one yet.
Old 26 March 2021, 11:11 AM   #195
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

2 years is crazy. Especially for those of us that have full deposits.

I still think OBs are just tempering expectations. There’s no downside - if you drop off the list it will easily be filled. On the other hand, setting a long wait upfront makes you happy when it’s delivered sooner (plus it feeds the hype monster on this model).

On another note, I wouldn’t extrapolate the current rate of delivery. It’s always slower in the beginning. Like the 321, it was a very slow trickle with almost nothing the entire first year. Then after 12 months they started really providing deliveries
Rollieo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 01:30 PM   #196
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Can you imagine how much interest they’re making with all these deposits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 02:02 PM   #197
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post

Omega does $3B in retail sales annually. $50mm in deposits.. not sure they care about the interest. It’s peanuts.
Old 26 March 2021, 02:31 PM   #198
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Omega does $3B in retail sales annually. $50mm in deposits.. not sure they care about the interest. It’s peanuts.

How about a $100M interest free loan?

42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 07:54 PM   #199
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
They're not getting that much in deposits. And even if they're getting $50m as Rollieo suggested, they may get 2% interest at most which would amount to $1m.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 08:36 PM   #200
Goin2drt
Banned

Where are you guys getting your math. 250 made per year. Only the first two years confirmed so 500 watches (information form above). No idea what retail is but let’s just say $30k (I know that is high). If EVERYONE paid in full it is only $15M. Do people just make sh$t up these days for the sake of making it up.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2021, 02:26 AM   #201
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

I don't think that the deposits on the Snoopy are really something that affect their budget.
Plus they are committed in refunding the deposit immediately.
So I doubt that they are making much interest out of that capital.
Furthermore, given their yearly revenues, it doesn't look they were aiming on getting a free interest loan with the Snoopy waiting list.
It's just a waiting list, with deposit.

Of course they are using the interest around the Snoopy to get more visibility and push the brand up. This is the real game they are investing into.
321 + Snoopy. They got two heavy hitters there, they made them difficult to get and they adopted a new business model.
That is what they are gaining out of these 2 halo watches.
The deposit money... is basically nothing.
Old 27 March 2021, 02:50 AM   #202
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Anyone knows how many boutiques Omega has in the US? The website has no filter to separate ADs from boutiques.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2021, 03:34 AM   #203
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Anyone knows how many boutiques Omega has in the US? The website has no filter to separate ADs from boutiques.
I read on Omegaforums the number is around 50ish. I'm not too sure how accurate that number is but that seems reasonable with NYC, Chicago, LA probably having more than 1 and most other large cities having just 1.
Old 27 March 2021, 11:27 AM   #204
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Where are you guys getting your math. 250 made per year. Only the first two years confirmed so 500 watches (information form above). No idea what retail is but let’s just say $30k (I know that is high). If EVERYONE paid in full it is only $15M. Do people just make sh$t up these days for the sake of making it up.
It’s pretty easy to back out the numbers if you have a few remotely reasonable assumptions. Given you don’t even know the MSRP of this watch, I don’t know why you even bother with a response.

I saw this survey about driving - 85% of people think they’re good drivers while they think 80% of other drivers drive like trash.
Old 27 March 2021, 02:58 PM   #205
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I read on Omegaforums the number is around 50ish. I'm not too sure how accurate that number is but that seems reasonable with NYC, Chicago, LA probably having more than 1 and most other large cities having just 1.
With 50 boutiques and every boutique receiving 15-20 watches in 2021, this should translate to 750-1,000 watches for US this year, much higher than the 250 number being shared here.
Old 27 March 2021, 07:12 PM   #206
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With 50 boutiques and every boutique receiving 15-20 watches in 2021, this should translate to 750-1,000 watches for US this year, much higher than the 250 number being shared here.
Nope, unfortunately.
Allocation is not equal for all the OBs. It depends how big/important is the Boutique. “Flag stores” will receive more.
Old 27 March 2021, 07:15 PM   #207
speedbird
"TRF" Member

Quote:
From speaking to local boutique. They were not expecting more than a handful per year. Perhaps less than 5 in 2021. So not sure if that is accurate of 20 per boutique in 2021.
I am lucky to have received mine earlier this year from the boutique, it is very different to the rest of my collection which is largely Rolex, I like it!
speedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2021, 11:40 PM   #208
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Only boutique that will see 15-20 is going to be the NYC one. All of the others will be lucky to see 10 in 2021. Someone posted that Dallas has received 2 so far and it’s been nearly 6 months since launch. I don’t expect Dallas to get another 12-15 by year end.
Old 28 March 2021, 07:15 AM   #209
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

I am in lower 40s at Seattle boutique and I don’t think they are a big location by any means. With the above assumptions of delivery, I am probably looking at 2024. Although I truly appreciate that unlike Rolex, Omega gave me a chance get an allocation, it is kinda messed up that Omega won’t be delivering all fully paid watches (the first initial wave when watch was announced) within 2 years. This gives the people who are on waitlist (no deposit) no hope of acquiring this watch. (Assumption is Omega will discontinue the model in 5 years by the time next 5-year anniversary comes for Snoopy).
Old 28 March 2021, 08:33 AM   #210
speedbird
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Only boutique that will see 15-20 is going to be the NYC one. All of the others will be lucky to see 10 in 2021. Someone posted that Dallas has received 2 so far and it’s been nearly 6 months since launch. I don’t expect Dallas to get another 12-15 by year end.

Same as I said above. Just cannot see 20 per boutique. Not happening. They are going for the Daytona model here.
speedbird is offline   Reply With Quote