The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 11 October 2021, 06:42 AM   #211
Ascari_2
2024 Pledge Member

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 11 October 2021, 06:47 AM   #212
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
No problem bro, I couldnt believe my eyes when I read it too. How the seller can keep the money when he has the watch returned honestly by the buyer is incredible.

I hope the OP does the right thing here. I mean he got his watch back. He has resold it. To come in here and defend themselves is really unusual. OP - do the right thing. You never know, one day you may just stumble on another nice watch and require some quick advice and you may not have anyone here who would like to help you.

I can tell from most replies in favor of the buyer so far that most here I assume aren't eBay sellers, but more likely, buyers?

eBay 99.0% of the time favors buyers in regards to returns/refund request. For eBay to rule in a sellers favor is what's really unusual. And for eBay to initially rule in a buyers favor, and then have that favor later reversed is highly unusual and never heard of in my understanding. So, it feels "rewarding" for a seller to win a case against a buyer. Especially when this (buyers are aloud to keep item and are refunded) happens to sellers often. And for eBay to rule the way they did and shove this one right up the buyers a$$ is just crazy the way they did. I'm not saying it's right/wrong, just that they (eBay) did it.

So, to say I need to do the "right thing" as if I made the decision to do wrong, is just crazy to me. I didn't write eBay's policies, I just abide by them as a seller.
JoJo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 06:57 AM   #213
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo78 View Post
I can tell from most replies in favor of the buyer so far that most here I assume aren't eBay sellers, but more likely, buyers?

eBay 99.0% of the time favors buyers in regards to returns/refund request. For eBay to rule in a sellers favor is what's really unusual. And for eBay to initially rule in a buyers favor, and then have that favor later reversed is highly unusual and never heard of in my understanding. So, it feels "rewarding" for a seller to win a case against a buyer. Especially when this (buyers are aloud to keep item and are refunded) happens to sellers often. And for eBay to rule the way they did and shove this one right up the buyers a$$ is just crazy the way they did. I'm not saying it's right/wrong, just that they (eBay) did it.

So, to say I need to do the "right thing" as if I made the decision to do wrong, is just crazy to me. I didn't write eBay's policies, I just abide by them as a seller.
Just to clarify, eBay allows you to keep the returned watch AND the seller’s money? Or, are they simply releasing the funds for you to return back to the buyer once he’s returned the watch…which he has.
I’m not asking rhetorically, I just don’t know their rules.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 06:58 AM   #214
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:

I sold many items on eBay. I’m just not a dick.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:10 AM   #215
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
Just to clarify, eBay allows you to keep the returned watch AND the seller’s money? Or, are they simply releasing the funds for you to return back to the buyer once he’s returned the watch…which he has.
I’m not asking rhetorically, I just don’t know their rules.
From their case ruling, that appears to be so. eBay doesn't allow for you to refund a buyer's funds once it's under review by them to make a decision. They hold the funds and once they make their ruling, the funds are then taken off hold and given to the buyer by them (eBay) not you the seller.
Old 11 October 2021, 07:12 AM   #216
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I sold many items on eBay. I’m just not a dick.

I can tell, more like a pu$$y given your unwarranted insulting undertones.
Old 11 October 2021, 07:17 AM   #217
Juhuatai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5508 & 9401
Thread being locked in 3,2,1….
Juhuatai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:17 AM   #218
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
From their case ruling, that appears to be so. eBay doesn't allow for you to refund a buyer's funds once it's under review by them to make a decision. They hold the funds and once they make their ruling, the funds are then taken off hold and given to the buyer by them (eBay) not you the seller.
But ebay didn’t give the buyer the funds. They released them to you, I’m guessing, with the conceit that the buyer will be stuck with the watch he bought. But, since he’s returned the watch, why don’t you return his money? Yeah, he might have been incredibly rude and itching for a fight, but he lost. Give him his money back. You’ve already resold the watch.
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:22 AM   #219
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

A $2 Tudor (trash or treasure?)

Quote:
I can tell, more like a pu$$y given your unwarranted insulting undertones.

I don’t think that at all. Actually that word never has been used to describe me that I’m aware of. Glad you feel that way (about someone arguing that you’re wrong for keeping 4K that’s not yours) (damn those “insulting undertones”) though. Definitely shows your true colors. I was originally on your side, now you’re less than garbage because you have the opportunity to do the right thing and are blatantly against it. You’re not the type I associate with and not the type I encourage in life let alone a public forum. You stole dudes 4K. You’re a criminal in my book, not even a righteous one that did it to help others. Just one that spent $2 on a watch but thinks he’s entitled to 8k for it because the first buyer was a problem. Get over yourself.

Don’t worry I will never be the eBay buyer you have to deal with and if I ever get back into selling I will be sure to decline any sales from your user name. Thanks for the heads up!!

I really don’t want to continue responding to this idiocy so please just say f you or something and leave it be.

Thanks, Dick!! Or whatever your name is.

Old 11 October 2021, 07:27 AM   #220
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:

You've been in here writing paragraphs for few hours now. In that time you could have refunded they buyer. So what's stopping you? Everyone here would be quite respectful towards you if you made thst gesture. You paid $2 for this watch. You've scored, big time! Now it's time to settle things.
snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:30 AM   #221
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But ebay didn’t give the buyer the funds. They released them to you, I’m guessing, with the conceit that the buyer will be stuck with the watch he bought. But, since he’s returned the watch, why don’t you return his money? Yeah, he might have been incredibly rude and itching for a fight, but he lost. Give him his money back. You’ve already resold the watch.
I don't think you understand. There's no way for me to just hit a button like normal to issue him a refund. This case is closed as far as eBay's concerned and that's that. The only way I'd be able to issue him a refund is to contact him via email if I had his email addy and do a wire transfer via bank. This case is highly unusual as stated before and one I've never seen before. eBay never lets a seller keep a returned item and the funds, never! But in the case, they did.
Old 11 October 2021, 07:40 AM   #222
Mike507
"TRF" Member

Lol but eBay ruled in my favour so of course I can steal his money.
Mike507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 07:41 AM   #223
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As per eBay...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CASE.jpg (58.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 11 October 2021, 07:46 AM   #224
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
As per eBay...

All the problems you have had with eBay has eluded you throughout this thread and now they’re the Bible?

Old 11 October 2021, 07:59 AM   #225
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
All the problems you have had with eBay has eluded you throughout this thread and now they’re the Bible?

LOL! First, unwarranted insults, then you accuse me of being a thief and now you're just making sh!t up, striving for whatever reason to change the narrative. I get it! You must be friends/family of said buyer.

I've never had any problems with eBay nor my buyers ever in 12 years, until this particular buyer.
Old 11 October 2021, 08:02 AM   #226
snakeeyes
Banned

Guys please don't get this thread locked. We want to see this watch restored :(
Old 11 October 2021, 08:13 AM   #227
MrChamfers
Banned

Watch: ing Warriors ball
Saw this coming a mile away. The watch is junk with almost zero value.
Buyer gets angry when he finally figures it out, insults the seller.
Seller now wants to steal lots of money from the angry buyer, for revenge.
Not sure who is worse here.
MrChamfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 08:18 AM   #228
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Jojo , i dont blame you for waiting to see how it will pan out. However, when eBay gave you the money back did they know you received the watch on return ? You resold it so it’s pretty clear you will likely lose the funds awarded.

Let’s not argue here. And not toss insults.

Jojo’s buyer 1 created the havoc. I’m not quick to judge and also think it’s fine to wait and let eBay settle it
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 08:19 AM   #229
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
LOL! First, unwarranted insults, then you accuse me of being a thief and now you're just making sh!t up, striving for whatever reason to change the narrative. I get it! You must be friends/family of said buyer.

I've never had any problems with eBay nor my buyers ever in 12 years, until this particular buyer.

The only thing that’s been made up is your insinuating I’m friends or family of the buyer. Also the whole “I’m making things up”. I’ve referenced your exact statements, therefore I’m not fabricating anything. If they’re made up it is because you fabricated them and I trusted them as fact. You have 4K that’s not yours. You said you so in post 199. Also, please refer to 194 and 195 for my response and the reason behind it.

Old 11 October 2021, 08:36 AM   #230
indianmachine
"TRF" Member

hmm so just to clarify (apologies if I missed this), Mr. JoJo did you get paid twice for the tudor (1x from sketchy AUS buyer and 1x from US buyer)?
indianmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 08:38 AM   #231
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
As per eBay...
Why did ebay say it does not meet their money back guarantee? You told them you received the watch right? Seems utterly brutal that they would do that if the seller returned the watch. He did all the right things here in the end it seems.
Old 11 October 2021, 09:39 AM   #232
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why did ebay say it does not meet their money back guarantee? You told them you received the watch right? Seems utterly brutal that they would do that if the seller returned the watch. He did all the right things here in the end it seems.

Geez! I can clearly see now they're no eBay sellers here given the responses?

I didn't have to tell them I received the watch as every transaction is tracked electronically by eBay. Shipping labels, returns, return-labels, refunds, etc. etc..

I'm sure it was brutal for him, utterly, as it was for me when he tried to abuse their return policy. There's no place here in the States where you can purchase an item (any item), have it for 4 - 6 weeks, alter it and then choose to return it to the seller claiming defective/damaged when you originally purchased it that way in the first place...........other than, eBay.

eBay must have seen through this return policy abuse scam while under claims review? and rewarded not only the watch back to me, but they chose not to issue him a refund as well. Not I, eBay! How are some of you folks not understanding this? Maybe it's because you don't sell on eBay and understand the policies? I'm not eBay's Resolution Claims Department so I cannot tell you why they ruled the way they did in my favor, but they did.

And since such a ruling was handed down by them, I cannot simply go in and issue a refund as a seller would do so in a normal case........eBay themselves handled this case and made their judgement.......not I, they did!
Old 11 October 2021, 09:42 AM   #233
ELLimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Geez! I can clearly see now they're no eBay sellers here given the responses?

I didn't have to tell them I received the watch as every transaction is tracked electronically by eBay. Shipping labels, returns, return-labels, refunds, etc. etc..

I'm sure it was brutal for him, utterly, as it was for me when he tried to abuse their return policy. There's no place here in the States where you can purchase an item (any item), have it for 4 - 6 weeks, alter it and then choose to return it to the seller claiming defective/damaged when you originally purchased it that way in the first place...........other than, eBay.

eBay must have seen through this return policy abuse scam while under claims review? and rewarded not only the watch back to me, but they chose not to issue him a refund as well. Not I, eBay! How are some of you folks not understanding this? Maybe it's because you don't sell on eBay and understand the policies? I'm not eBay's Resolution Claims Department so I cannot tell you why they ruled the way they did in my favor, but they did.

If it was me. I give the money back to buyer after some time to make sure eBay does not change their mind.

Is all about karma.
ELLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 09:52 AM   #234
snakeeyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLimon View Post
If it was me. I give the money back to buyer after some time to make sure eBay does not change their mind.

Is all about karma.
So true, I guess we will wait and see if the seller does the right thing.
Old 11 October 2021, 09:54 AM   #235
baumare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675/8
Quote:
It seams like a miscommunication between Ebay departments, I can't believe they wanna punish the buyer on purpose, make no sense, is like they compensate the seller for the aggravation of a deal going bad.

On the other hand if everything is regulated and decided by Ebay, the right thing should be done by them, you could contact them and tell them about the obvious mistake, I think you should be rewarded some kind of compensation but $4000 seams like a disproportioned amount for the trouble you went trough
baumare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 10:18 AM   #236
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
OP, presence of ebay sellers here does not make a difference. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes or ask yourself if it's fair / ethical to have both the watch and the money ?!?!....
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 10:19 AM   #237
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

guys,

as others have said prior, lets calm down on this thread first. Give it a few days for the dust to settle. Ebay may end up correcting the steps here. Also, not even sure if the OP even has the option to refund at this point.

There is also a chance where ebay actually refunds both (though unlikely) but I have heard scenarios where this has happened. Remember reading a case where Seller sells to buyer, buyer claims watch broken, returns empty box, buyer likely kept the watch and got a refund but the seller ended up keeping the original proceeds to the sale.

Ebay has a sloush fund for these contentious transactions I do believe.
alwayshere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2021, 10:25 AM   #238
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumare View Post
It seams like a miscommunication between Ebay departments, I can't believe they wanna punish the buyer on purpose, make no sense, is like they compensate the seller for the aggravation of a deal going bad.

On the other hand if everything is regulated and decided by Ebay, the right thing should be done by them, you could contact them and tell them about the obvious mistake, I think you should be rewarded some kind of compensation but $4000 seams like a disproportioned amount for the trouble you went trough

This isn't your Grandfather's eBay so to speak, where sellers can just scam the hell out of buyers as they once did in the past. Almost everything is geared towards the buyers favor (99% of the time). Buyers are the "new" scammers. They can return almost anything, for any reason, at anytime and sellers have no defense. Buyers can do partial refund scams and be awarded a ruling in their favor 99% of the time.

So, for eBay to rule in my favor, it just doesn't happen. The only thing I can think why they made such a ruling is a Return Abuse Scam. Buyer 1 must of had numerous (returns) on his account and eBay seen right through it? I don't know. But to accuse me of stealing something that was "rewarded" to me via a claim is outrageous! I'm going to ruin my 12 year rep and long term secondary income growth over $4K? makes no sense! I've sold items for 4x as much as this before on eBay, but I choose to steal this menial amount and not go for the "big score" makes no damn sense and is utterly outrageous!
Old 11 October 2021, 10:33 AM   #239
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaini3 View Post
OP, presence of ebay sellers here does not make a difference. Put yourself in the buyer's shoes or ask yourself if it's fair / ethical to have both the watch and the money ?!?!....

Dude, I know! And there's nothing I can do at the moment as eBay rendered their decision. This wasn't your normal "return request" as I've handled many over my 12 years. This case was handled by eBay's High Value Claims Resolution Department themselves and not I.
Old 11 October 2021, 10:50 AM   #240
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
I am guessing the buyer will have the case reopened and explain he sent the watch back and Ebay with refund his money.

OP have you heard from the buyer since they refused his refund? I can’t imagine he will just go away with no money and no watch.

JustinK is offline   Reply With Quote