The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 August 2009, 06:28 PM   #1
GEZ7ch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Heuer Wan2110
The Rolex Explorer - Review

I recently purchased an Explorer 114270 M serial, I've wanted this watch for 2 years before finally pulled the trigger.

Although I have seen a big veriaty of Rolex models in my life, regardless to my low age, the Explorer always had something else IMO, when I first admired it on someones hand, I was actually on a train telling my friend that this is a great looking watch, I guess I said it loud enough for the person who wore it to hear me and approach, he asked me if I liked the watch, and when answered yes, he said I have a good taste and showed me it's a Rolex.
Since that the Explorer represented IMO a Rolex that doesn't shout Rolex, and looks classicly elegant yet sporty at the same time.

I am also not a technologist and can't give too much details about the movement and dial but I'll try giving a short review on the watch based on other reviews i've seen in this section:

The Rolex Explore ref.114270:

Movement: Rolex inhouse 3130 calibre (the 3135 calibre without the date feature). In my opinion just as good as the 3135, while some even say it keeps better time since it is last complicated.

Case: 36mm 904L SS case, highly polished on the sides while the lugs are brushed (which gives it a great look combining brushed lughs with highly polished bezel), no lugs holes.

Crown: A twinlock crown, giving this watch along with it's oyster case a waterproofness for 100M/330feet, this is not a diving watch but you can certainly go deep with it :)

Bracelet: All brushed Oyster Fliplock SS bracelet featuring SEL. it is very comfortable and gives the classic elegant Explorer a more spory look, also to mantion the the Explorer is the only one of it's kind that belongs to the Rolex Sport collections.

Bezel: Highly polished SS bezel wich gives the Explorer it's recognizable look. the bezel goes perfect with the polished lugs and bracelet and together with the dial, gives the Explorer the perfect look!

Dial: This is IMO what the Explorer is all about, the simplest of dials! only comes in black, the stick indicates with the Arabics on the 3,6,9 is what gives the Explorer it's classic elegant yet sporty look.
Very easy to read and to be admired, ever since purchased the watch 4 months ago, heard only compliments, although simillar dials are available on the AirKing and Oyster Perpetual models, the Explorer for me is much more special.

All in all, for those searching for a classic elegant watch with a spory touch, wich is Rolex without shouting Rolex, yet for those who know their ways in watches, it is very recognizable and appreciated, this is the watch for you!

P1070044.JPG

P1070007.JPG

תמונה011.jpg

תמונה015.jpg

תמונה018.jpg

%D7%AA%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%A0%D7%94001.jpg

תמונה022.jpg

תמונה072.jpg
Certina DS - Action Diver Automatic 200m - Blue Dial
GEZ7ch is offline   Reply With Quote