The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 11 May 2024, 04:21 PM   #61
Dave4D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joa View Post
i think he has other priorities than his "AD relationship" lol

Exactly.
Close to 80 years old, he will not lose any sleep if his decision doesn't sit well with Patek.
Reading this thread you would think Patek is the king of England during medieval times.
Dave4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 08:28 PM   #62
mjolnir2thor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226G & 5513(1963)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4D View Post
Exactly.
Close to 80 years old, he will not lose any sleep if his decision doesn't sit well with Patek.
Reading this thread you would think Patek is the king of England during medieval times.
100% on the money!

I watched another video with Sly from about 3 years ago ( Sylvester Stallone Presents Five Watches He Is Selling At Auction) and after watching this one, I believe he is wearing a Rolex Submariner in both. With all those highly collectible, expensive, etc. timepieces, wouldn’t be a kicker that his everyday watch could very well be a Rolex Sub.
mjolnir2thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 08:54 PM   #63
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
This thread is hilarious. He's no billionaire and I will eat my trickers with a fork and knife if he has the best collection in the world. If he did he wouldn't shy away from wearing a grand master chime. There are collectors with multiples of those gem set etc. Some collectors have bottomless pockets.
Have to agree my friend. Although the Wall Street guy seems totally believable
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 12:19 AM   #64
Paul C
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir2thor View Post
100% on the money!

I watched another video with Sly from about 3 years ago ( Sylvester Stallone Presents Five Watches He Is Selling At Auction) and after watching this one, I believe he is wearing a Rolex Submariner in both. With all those highly collectible, expensive, etc. timepieces, wouldn’t be a kicker that his everyday watch could very well be a Rolex Sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post
It's resealed.

His Grandmaster chime was delivered to him 2-3 years ago and it was personally delivered at Patek New York's HQ, with all of the big executives there. So there is no way for him to take delivery of the watch without ever opening the seal, it's just not possible.

Patek is pissed at him selling the watch and no, he didn't run it by them first.

So why is he selling? Because simply put, Sly is pissed at Patek.

He's been a long standing customer of Patek but he didn't receive a Tiffany blue 5711. He asked Patek and Tiffany for one repeatedly, but Patek mishandled the Tiffany 5711 situation and many truly worthy collectors like Sly didn't end up getting one. And yes, Sly was a long time Tiffany customer as well.

Instead, guys like Leo or Lebron received the Tiffany 5711 without ever having any serious Patek or Tiffany history.

You guys can make up your mind on whether this was the right move or not.
Sad to hear he couldn't get the Tiffany Patek.

He owns a Tiffany Rolex Sub:
Paul C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 06:41 AM   #65
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I should bid on the Cartier but my wife will kill me haha.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 04:29 AM   #66
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unotaz View Post
It's resealed.

His Grandmaster chime was delivered to him 2-3 years ago and it was personally delivered at Patek New York's HQ, with all of the big executives there. So there is no way for him to take delivery of the watch without ever opening the seal, it's just not possible.

Patek is pissed at him selling the watch and no, he didn't run it by them first.

So why is he selling? Because simply put, Sly is pissed at Patek.

He's been a long standing customer of Patek but he didn't receive a Tiffany blue 5711. He asked Patek and Tiffany for one repeatedly, but Patek mishandled the Tiffany 5711 situation and many truly worthy collectors like Sly didn't end up getting one. And yes, Sly was a long time Tiffany customer as well.

Instead, guys like Leo or Lebron received the Tiffany 5711 without ever having any serious Patek or Tiffany history.

You guys can make up your mind on whether this was the right move or not.
well this makes the most sense, you shoulda just said all this on the first page before we all went wild with assumptions lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:08 AM   #67
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
well this makes the most sense, you shoulda just said all this on the first page before we all went wild with assumptions lol
Although this is stated in a nicely authoritative manner, why is it that everyone seems to act like it’s gospel, rather than just something someone stated on the internet without any corroboration or suggestion of insider knowledge?

I’m not trying to disparage the poster, but usually when someone suggests the inside scoop is X, the audience doesn’t just say, “Oh thank you for clarifying! That clears it up!”

I say this slightly tongue in cheek, but also out of curiosity.
Old 13 May 2024, 06:30 AM   #68
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Although this is stated in a nicely authoritative manner, why is it that everyone seems to act like it’s gospel, rather than just something someone stated on the internet without any corroboration or suggestion of insider knowledge?

I’m not trying to disparage the poster, but usually when someone suggests the inside scoop is X, the audience doesn’t just say, “Oh thank you for clarifying! That clears it up!”

good point, guess in this case it's a combination of the way the post was worded and his post history

i also feel like the patek/ap sub forums have less dumb gossip like all the "my ad said" posts on the rolex side
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 06:50 AM   #69
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
good point, guess in this case it's a combination of the way the post was worded and his post history

i also feel like the patek/ap sub forums have less dumb gossip like all the "my ad said" posts on the rolex side
Ah, good point. I wasn’t aware of the poster’s reputation. I do agree on the PP sub forum having much less of the TRF crap so prevalent on the Rolex sub forum. I like read there because of it, despite not owning any Patek watches.
Old 13 May 2024, 07:11 AM   #70
unotaz
"TRF" Member

Because it's insider information.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, it's up to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post

unotaz is offline   Reply With Quote