The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 4 October 2022, 08:48 AM   #1
Bug04
"TRF" Member

This statement can be applied to any product/service on the mkt, at least on the free world.
But the point is fairly admitting some characteristics of the bracelet that … simply are there, like the slight (slight) looseness or connection to case (factual area).
Then, many may deem these aspects as minor/irrelevant issues of an outstanding watch, few may be disturbed and step back (tastes area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
People are free to buy what they want. The wait list dictates a strong demand so cancelling an order just means someone who wants the watch gets it sooner.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 12:31 AM   #2
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
The "slight looseness" is a result of the quick release. Czapek could've used a screw but they chose to be innovative. As you mentioned, it doesn't bother me, some people its a deal breaker. I think Bentleys are great cars but I don't like them so bought an S class coupe. What matters to some is irrelevant to others. Its not to diminish any bodies opinion hence the choices on the market.
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 09:31 AM   #3
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
The "slight looseness" is a result of the quick release. Czapek could've used a screw but they chose to be innovative. As you mentioned, it doesn't bother me, some people its a deal breaker. I think Bentleys are great cars but I don't like them so bought an S class coupe. What matters to some is irrelevant to others. Its not to diminish any bodies opinion hence the choices on the market.
We are in the process of sourcing a thicker spring bar. That'll solve the few wobble issues.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 10:34 PM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
We are in the process of sourcing a thicker spring bar. That'll solve the few wobble issues.

If you do, would be great if the watch could be supplied with both … I’ll trade off a little wobble for better comfort, which is what many of the above posts imply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 03:17 AM   #5
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

You can get spring bars of all different kinds yourself, assuming there is nothing "special" about the type of spring bars necessary.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 12:58 PM   #6
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Mike, how are the Glacier Blue models coming along? Have they started delivering to US customers yet or still none?
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 06:12 AM   #7
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Mike, how are the Glacier Blue models coming along? Have they started delivering to US customers yet or still none?
First few have shipped this month.
Old 8 October 2022, 02:26 PM   #8
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mike - do you have any idea of "slippage" time? My build was estimated Jan 2023. I presume it will be later than that, but it would be nice to know just how much later?
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2022, 11:24 PM   #9
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Mike - do you have any idea of "slippage" time? My build was estimated Jan 2023. I presume it will be later than that, but it would be nice to know just how much later?

Yes - great question. Appreciate the supply chain challenges in the current environment but the lack of clarity on potential delivery delays is disappointing. It could be a month or a year for all we know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2022, 02:08 AM   #10
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
I can't see in the order admin system the original estimated ship date, or build date vs actual delivery date.

I can inquire to the factory and see if I can get a reply on the subject.
Old 16 October 2022, 06:56 AM   #11
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't see in the order admin system the original estimated ship date, or build date vs actual delivery date.

I can inquire to the factory and see if I can get a reply on the subject.
Thanks Mike. It would just be nice not to build up my own expectations.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2022, 07:20 AM   #12
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Mike, I am correct to assume that all Czapek deliveries in US will be routed through you to the AD or to the end customer (direct order with Czapek). So all the Glacier Blue Antarctiques are first coming to you even though my order may be through an AD. If correct, how long is the delay from the order shipping from Czapek to actually arriving at the AD in US?

Thank you.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2022, 08:54 AM   #13
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Hi Mike, I am correct to assume that all Czapek deliveries in US will be routed through you to the AD or to the end customer (direct order with Czapek). So all the Glacier Blue Antarctiques are first coming to you even though my order may be through an AD. If correct, how long is the delay from the order shipping from Czapek to actually arriving at the AD in US?

Thank you.
Some retailers are able to import directly from Switzerland, some are not. So some parcels for the retailers come through the Czapek Americas office, some go direct to the store.

All direct sales are imported by Czapek Americas and are then forwarded to the end customer.
Old 14 October 2022, 06:50 AM   #14
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
how long is the delay from the order shipping from Czapek to actually arriving at the AD in US?

Thank you.
Sorry, I see I didn't answer part of your question above.

If the box has no alligator straps (CITES, the bane of my existence), it usually takes less than a week door to door.

https://www.fws.gov/program/cites

If the box has alligator, it usually takes two weeks door to door.

There is ZERO pushing US Fish and Wildlife and/or US Customs and Border Patrol; after years of importing and working with them, they clear the box when they clear the box, and that's all.

I've had them take three months to move a package out of their lockup.
Old 14 October 2022, 06:56 AM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I've had them take three months to move a package out of their lockup.
#Truth

Thanks Mike for all you do.

-------
-------

New pic for those curious about... with black leather / red stitching strap.

Monochrome_Black_Leather_Strap_Side.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 01:42 PM   #16
rag5178
"TRF" Member

That’s great news!
Old 16 October 2022, 03:13 AM   #17
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Got the glacier blue after 11-month wait. Beautiful dial, highlight of the watch for me. Really interesting movement architecture. Bracelet/strap connection to the case feels a little wobbly when handling the watch, although on the wrist it is fine. Should have introduced the watch with better hooks/connectors for a more secure connection, just my opinion. Although I know that Czapek is working on an upgrade.

Anyways, my date doesn’t completely change over to the center position half of the time. It’s a big disappointment to say the least. This will be going back to Czapek so that they can fix the issue. Surprised that the watch passed quality control before shipping. Will patiently wait for it to come back.
Old 16 October 2022, 11:47 AM   #18
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Anyways, my date doesn’t completely change over to the center position half of the time.
I spoke with Jay today, I am all over this.

It'll get fixed immediately. I can't help but wonder how much football fedex played with the boxes from La Chaux de Fonds --> Me --> your retailer --> you.
Old 16 October 2022, 03:10 PM   #19
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I spoke with Jay today, I am all over this.

It'll get fixed immediately. I can't help but wonder how much football fedex played with the boxes from La Chaux de Fonds --> Me --> your retailer --> you.
Thank you Mike. Appreciate the quick response on this.
Old 16 October 2022, 12:45 PM   #20
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Got the glacier blue after 11-month wait. Beautiful dial, highlight of the watch for me. Really interesting movement architecture. Bracelet/strap connection to the case feels a little wobbly when handling the watch, although on the wrist it is fine. Should have introduced the watch with better hooks/connectors for a more secure connection, just my opinion. Although I know that Czapek is working on an upgrade.

Anyways, my date doesn’t completely change over to the center position half of the time. It’s a big disappointment to say the least. This will be going back to Czapek so that they can fix the issue. Surprised that the watch passed quality control before shipping. Will patiently wait for it to come back.
Unfortunate you have an issue, but hopefully it gets fixed promptly. At the time that you placed your order, what was the delivery timeline like? Trying to get a sense for how delayed orders currently are from original expectation.
Old 16 October 2022, 03:10 PM   #21
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Unfortunate you have an issue, but hopefully it gets fixed promptly. At the time that you placed your order, what was the delivery timeline like? Trying to get a sense for how delayed orders currently are from original expectation.
Placed my order in Nov 2021. Was originally told April, then August. Finally got the watch this week.
Old 16 October 2022, 08:50 PM   #22
Ducky Magoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ya! I have the same problem! I thought it was just me. If you move it forward and back again though it resets to the middle.
Ducky Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2022, 02:15 AM   #23
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky Magoo View Post
Ya! I have the same problem! I thought it was just me. If you move it forward and back again though it resets to the middle.
Dear Mr. Magoo,

I notice your watch is set at 11:00.

As with any mechanical watch, it is critical not to change the date between 9:00pm and 3:00am as the date changing mechanism is engaged.

While I understand there is a 50/50 chance your watch was set at 11:00am, may I respectfully ask you to forward the hands to say 6:00 (AM or PM, doesn't matter) and recheck the date change?

Of course, if there is a problem, we are 200% ready to help.
Old 18 October 2022, 02:27 AM   #24
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Dear All,

Well, there seems to be some hub-bub (a chaotic din caused by a crowd of people) regarding a potential issue with our date change mechanism on the Antarctique.

To be clear, it is critical that the date not be changed manually between 9:00pm and 3:00am, as the date change mechanism is engaged. Forcing a date change at this time can result in the issue we have seen. Continued or strong forcing the date to change at the time can cause damage to the date wheel, which would then need to be replaced.

Above is true for any mechanical watch with a date, regardless of brand or quality.

In our run of Antarctiques, I am not sure the number but it is in the hundreds, we have repaired a total of two watches with this issue. Both were caused by the end user changing the date at the forbidden time. One was forced so badly the date wheel teeth were all destroyed, and we had to replace the mechanism.

Now we have two more this week. We have not yet seen these watches to diagnose the issue, and we are nice people who do not accuse anyone of anything, so we are working to receive back the watches and will let our watchmakers work their magic.

We are happy to do a Facetime or Zoom to see if we can help without sending the watch back to us, in the case of Mr. Magoo.

AlyRba has received a prepaid insured label to return his watch, and we will follow up with the resolution.

If you have had the same issue, please contact me at mmargolis ATTTT HorologyNOSPACEworks DOTTTT com as we need to know if there are others.

We are firmly ready to resolve any issues.
Old 18 October 2022, 06:25 PM   #25
Ducky Magoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dear Mr. Magoo,

As with any mechanical watch, it is critical not to change the date between 9:00pm and 3:00am as the date changing mechanism is engaged.

While I understand there is a 50/50 chance your watch was set at 11:00am, may I respectfully ask you to forward the hands to say 6:00 (AM or PM, doesn't matter) and recheck the date change?

I’ve set it to 4am and re did the date change . You are correct that it doesn’t get stuck anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 October 2022, 04:28 AM   #26
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky Magoo View Post
I’ve set it to 4am and re did the date change . You are correct that it doesn’t get stuck anymore.
Awesome, thanks for the update!
Old 19 October 2022, 03:50 AM   #27
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
Icon5

Quote:
Dear Mr. Magoo,

i'm curious if the 'any' mechanical watch date changing mechanism includes Rolex too? I've paid no mind changing dates all these years I've had the watch; wondering if I really should be doing things differently. (i've been mostly setting it at nighttime too come to think of it)
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2022, 05:43 AM   #28
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by sski View Post
i'm curious if the 'any' mechanical watch date changing mechanism includes Rolex too? I've paid no mind changing dates all these years I've had the watch; wondering if I really should be doing things differently. (i've been mostly setting it at nighttime too come to think of it)

Not a concern with a Rolex. Not a modern one anyways. It’s been covered many times here.
Old 16 October 2022, 05:46 AM   #29
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Got to handle the Antarctique with the ice white dial today and, overall, I was mightily impressed. To me it compares favorably to the Overseas (which I have owned and sold) and the RO (which I have handled in several of its iterations). The dial is fantastic with its lovely pattern and sharp detailed indices. The fit is much better than the Overseas - it wears a lot more comfortable on the wrist despite being the same 41mm. I really like the heft of the watch, it feels like a solid piece of steel. The movement is of course a sight to behold, but choosing between this and an Overseas comes down to personal choice. No contest with the RO to me. And then finally the bracelet. Much has been said and written and about the bracelet. Yes, there is a bit of flexibility in the endlink but it didn’t bother me to the extent i’d see this as an issue - not at all. I think it works well with the overall suppleness of the bracelet. Great watch and I will be keeping my pre-order.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2022, 08:57 PM   #30
Ducky Magoo
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk