The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 September 2016, 09:24 PM   #1
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Icon20 North Korean Hosted Their First Air Show

Link:

https://youtu.be/-vqNqB0zBgE

Wonder how those Hughes 500D's got invitees : sneaky little dictator he is lol.
Old 30 September 2016, 11:46 PM   #2
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Mostly junk.

Almost like a vintage warbirds show
Fleetlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 01:31 AM   #3
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Wow! That was exciting!

Did you see the pushing and shoving among the female spectators?

There must have been 30 people in attendance.

And the helicopter aerobatic team was spectacular.

They looked like OH-6 "Loaches"

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 02:43 AM   #4
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Wow, that was lame. Some old military hardware and the remainder used imported commercial aircraft.
Old 1 October 2016, 02:54 AM   #5
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
I was stationed with the 2nd Infantry Division 2nd MP Company at Camp Casey near the DMZ. 1981-82. Made Corporal there which was kind of a big deal for me at 19 when most in the Army just make Spec 4.

Anyways, I trained and worked with the ROK Army. Highly trained, highly motivated, well equipped and well supplied. If North Korea ever crosses the border they will be annihilated. Their regime will be over. Their supreme leader Kim knows this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SubstandardFullSizeRender-10.jpg (98.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg SubstandardFullSizeRender-13.jpg (98.6 KB, 120 views)
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 03:01 AM   #6
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

I was waiting for Godzilla to appear. Looks like they had all the old planes from that movie.
gwozhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 03:07 AM   #7
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Curious how they get their spare parts. Mig29s and Mig21s do not have low flight hour costs or high hours between overhauls
Old 1 October 2016, 03:12 AM   #8
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I was with the 8th Army in Yongson, and trained with KATUSAs (Korean Augmentation to the US Army). They were all tall, tough, and ready to rumble.
North Korea should be annihilated, as it is the worst kind of dictatorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I was stationed with the 2nd Infantry Division 2nd MP Company at Camp Casey near the DMZ. 1981-82. Made Corporal there which was kind of a big deal for me at 19 when most in the Army just make Spec 4.

Anyways, I trained and worked with the ROK Army. Highly trained, highly motivated, well equipped and well supplied. If North Korea ever crosses the border they will be annihilated. Their regime will be over. Their supreme leader Kim knows this.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 03:17 AM   #9
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I was with the 8th Army in Yongson, and trained with KATUSAs (Korean Augmentation to the US Army). They were all tall, tough, and ready to rumble.
Problem will be the civilians around Seoul and the border regions from regular artillery to NBCR.
Old 1 October 2016, 03:17 AM   #10
.db
"TRF" Member

They also just had their first beer festival in Pyongyang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZYdv9KM5c
.db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 03:36 AM   #11
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Impressive.... Not. With the exception of the one Flanker, SU-27, I saw nothing even close to being formidable.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 11:11 AM   #12
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Kind of wishful thinking these days. A war with the north would set the South back decades. The north is nuclear armed and has zero reluctance to use nuclear and chemical weapons. The impact on people and the economy would be apocalyptic.

With all our global military commitments, the US doesn't have troops available to effectively back fill combat losses. Another stalemate is the likely outcome. The destruction and human life lost in a conflict would make the south look a lot like the north. The difference is that the people in the north are accustomed to it.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 01:44 PM   #13
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
I kind of have to disagree. China is not going to jump in this time if the North goes against their wishes and invades. China is not going to risk its prosperity to continue to prop up this Cold War 50s patriarchal dictatorship. When I was there Kim's grandpa Kim Il Sung was in power. ( Side note I wonder if grandpa left a Rolex lying around in a drawer there.)

If Kim uses his nukes it will be pancake Armageddon for him and all of the North. He's crazy but he's not going to do anything to interrupt his flow of cognac, Dunhills and women.

Every male in the South does a mandatory two year conscription in the Armed Forces. They have one of the largest reserve forces in the world. Every South Korean male adult is trained with a weapon in an armory nearby.

Kim's nukes are to get his enemies to fear him and not invade him, national pride and to reduce sanctions ( that kinda backfired.)

If he used his nukes he'll be squashed. The North will cease to exist.

Side note he is firing rockets all the time into the Seas around Japan. Needless to say Japan is not too happy.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 02:05 PM   #14
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Mostly junk.

Almost like a vintage warbirds show
That post just made me laugh out loud, literally I really needed that after the rough day I've had
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 02:49 PM   #15
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
I kind of have to disagree. China is not going to jump in this time if the North goes against their wishes and invades. China is not going to risk its prosperity to continue to prop up this Cold War 50s patriarchal dictatorship. When I was there Kim's grandpa Kim Il Sung was in power. ( Side note I wonder if grandpa left a Rolex lying around in a drawer there.)

If Kim uses his nukes it will be pancake Armageddon for him and all of the North. He's crazy but he's not going to do anything to interrupt his flow of cognac, Dunhills and women.

Every male in the South does a mandatory two year conscription in the Armed Forces. They have one of the largest reserve forces in the world. Every South Korean male adult is trained with a weapon in an armory nearby.

Kim's nukes are to get his enemies to fear him and not invade him, national pride and to reduce sanctions ( that kinda backfired.)

If he used his nukes he'll be squashed. The North will cease to exist.

Side note he is firing rockets all the time into the Seas around Japan. Needless to say Japan is not too happy.
Kim is not so crazy. His public tactics are for internal consumption. Saber rattling is high art for Kim and his family. No one really knows what their end game is.

If the north attacks, the major metropolitan areas in the south will reach several million degrees in the first moments of the war. Nukes are a first option, not a final option. The final battlefield outcome will be moot.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2016, 03:13 PM   #16
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Not impressed. Lol

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote