The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 May 2024, 10:26 AM   #1
hk2k777
"TRF" Member

Help With Creating a Custom Strap for my Reverso

Hey all,

I have a Reverso Duoface midsize (Q2458420) which came with a flat leather strap as pictured below in the first image. Personally however, I have always been a fan of the mid to light brown colored strap with a bit of a raised profile and thickness like what came with the older models (second and third image).

I have looked at Camille Fournet as they seem to have quite a bit of options for creating your own strap, but I wanted to first see if anyone has any better suggestions on where to get what I am looking for? Preferably somewhere in Canada if possible. Additionally, wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the level of thickness that would be both compatible and look good with a Reverso.

Thanks!
hk2k777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 10:46 AM   #2
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I can’t really answer your questions, but can say both of your two bottom choices look great and CF are fabulous.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 12:46 PM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I recommend letting CF make a strap to your specs. They made this one in matte Navy Blue for my Reverso Grand Taille (basically the same case and strap dimensions as your Medium). It turned out fantastic. When accepting my order they asked what model of watch it would be for, and I guess that helped because it was made pretty much exactly like the factory JLC strap (which CF probably also made).

Here are specs for my strap taken from the CF email confirming my order. This was in 2019 so it's possible some of their criteria have changed, but basically it was 75mm/115mm, 19mm at the case and 16mm at the buckle (I used my JLC deployant), and it was 4mm thick at the case with "square" profile padding (all of those dimensions were the same as the factory strap).

Item Sku Quantity Subtotal
Your custom-made leather strap alligator, matt, square-scaled navy blue

Configuration
- DELIVERY AREA : USA
- MATERIAL : ALLIGATOR, MATT, SQUARE-SCALED (034)
- COLOR : NAVY BLUE (008)
- BUCKLE : NO BUCKLE
- WIDTH : 19 / 16 MM
- LENGTH : GENT STANDARD - 115 / 75 MM
- TYPE OF FITTING AT CASE : STRAIGHT WITH PINS
- TIP : OGIVE
- HOLES : ROUND HOLES
- PROFILE : SQUARE
- THICKNESS : 4.0 MM
- FINISH : TONE ON TONE WAXED EDGES
- STITCHING : MACHINE STITCHED STANDARD THREAD
- THREAD COLOR : TONE ON TONE
- LINING : CAMILLE FOURNET LUCA CALF LEATHER (252194)
- WATCH MODEL : JAEGER-LECOULTRE REVERSO GRANDE TAILLE

I traded the watch to DavidSW a few years ago, but here are some photos of the Grand Taille on the CF strap (the Navy Blue didn't come through so great in the lighting), and also of the brown factory strap that was on my watch when I purchased it (pre-owned). I imagine the brown factory strap was a replacement, so I wonder if JLC an still supply one in similar specs (with padding).

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 12:51 PM   #4
john333
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Aaron Bespoke is in Montreal and makes custom straps for all types of watches in various exotic materials. I highly recommend him.
john333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 01:37 PM   #5
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Can they make you a reverso strap, black on one side and brown on the other so that you can just flip it?
Old 4 May 2024, 05:46 AM   #6
StanCho
"TRF" Member

I order custom straps for my Panerai and Reverso from the same guy.

Some bits & thoughts on the Reverso straps:
- it wears nicer on a flat than on a padded strap, so the thickness can be anything between 1.5-2.5 mm (f.e. CF straps that come now with them are 4mm on the lug side and then they thin out straight away);
- black with matching stitching and cognac or brownish/borderline oxblood with contrast stitching are always a good fit for any occasion (see shoes & belt ;));
- I prefer simple no croc/croc look straps and go for horween shells for comfort and durability as well as patina they will develop over time;
- you can use custom done straps provided you selected proper clasp with with either a deployant or regular simpler buckle, depending on preferences and have both ready on the go;
- do not forget to order QR spring bars what ever strap maker you choose, it will simplify your life and travelling around greatly.

Hope this helps. :)

-
StanCho is offline   Reply With Quote