The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 October 2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Galump

Watch: Rolex 116203
Icon5 How do I set Non quickset Tudor Day Date?

Rolex TUDOR Oyster "Prince" Day-Date Selfwinding Wristwatch-7017/0
thanks,
Martin
Galump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Submariner024
"TRF" Member

Hi re setting your tudor date day, first (from memory as i sold mine a while ago!)you set the date by going all the way around, then you go from approx 8 pm to about 1, this will adjust the day without adjusting the date, so keep going from 8pm to 1 this will allow the day to advance one day. People say 9 till 12 will do however I like to go a little further to make sure all the wheels 'click over' ok. Hope this helps and as I said its from memory so forgive me if I was wrong!!!
Submariner024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Enter the date shown on your Tudor non-quickset into your mobile phone calendar with a reminder alarm.
When you alarm goes off grab your Tudor, set the time and enjoy wearing it.

This works with my '71 DateJust.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2012, 08:12 PM   #4
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Hi - here's a thread from '08 that answers your question by Dan and Bo - and some of the best Tudor guys on TRF.

Answer:

Day-Date (non-quickset models)

Pos. 1 - Wearing position:
Fully screwed-down crown. In this position the watch is sealed tight providing full protection for the movement. The watch is ready to be worn.

Pos. 2 - Hand winding position:
Crown unscrewed counterclockwise to the point where it is free of the screw threads. In this position the watch is ready for manual hand winding by turning the crown clockwise approximately 40 full times. If the watch has not been worn for 1 or 2 days, it will be necessary to rewind the watch in order to fully charge the movement and to guarantee that it will run properly.

Pos. 3 - Day and Date change position:
Crown pulled out to the last notch. Position for setting both the day of the week and the date. First, the date is set by moving the hands clockwise past the midnight position two times. Once the date has been set, the day of the week is set by moving the hands counterclockwise past the midnight position two times. The second hand is stopped automatically and will not advance again until the crown is pushed back to Position 2 (does not apply to watches produced before 1972). This is the same position for setting the time.

Pos. 3 - Time setting position:
Crown pulled out to the last notch. Position for setting the time by moving the hands either clockwise or counterclockwise. The second hand is stopped automatically and will not advance again until the crown is pushed back to Position 2 (does not apply to watches produced before 1972). Once the time and date has been set, screw the crown back in tightly to make the watch pressure-proof once again.

Whole thread:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=43820

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote