The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 August 2012, 03:36 AM   #1
Rallyboat
"TRF" Member

Pre Owned in the uk

Looking to get a sub very soon in the UK. Looking at some places on the internet Dream Watches and Ian Blowers is there any where else that i can look apart from here on this forum.

Many thanks in advance
Rallyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 03:42 AM   #2
Al1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watch
Never heard of Internet Dream watches but Blowers and Watchfinder tend to be the more respected online dealers. Never used them myself but be ready to pay a premium compared to a private deal, however.

Either way, do your homework on both of those before you commit to a purchase.
Al1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 03:45 AM   #3
Chris B
"TRF" Member

http://www.miltonaires.com/rolex_soldexcluded.asp

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 04:11 AM   #4
Puffy
"TRF" Member

watches.co.uk
burlington arcade

to name but a few...
Old 14 August 2012, 04:17 AM   #5
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
I have used Miltonaires myself and bought a GMT Pepsi off them. Good shop to buy from and have a good range of all models used/NOS/BNIB but you would have to visit the shop as they do not have an online buying facillity. The owner is on this forum,and i would recommend them. What is it you are after,the shop is near to me ?
Old 14 August 2012, 04:26 AM   #6
Time2time
Banned

Watch: Milgauss GV, Sub-C
Carrdiamonds.com. Liverpool Street City of London.
Also, www.royalexchangejewellers.com in The City too.

Carr always have a selection of Subs.

Time2time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 04:27 AM   #7
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
PM sent.
Old 14 August 2012, 04:37 AM   #8
apj0524
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Pepsi
Recently bought a GMT Pepsi from

http://www.watchesofdistinction.com/...e/rolex_sports

Been well happy they have a shop in Lymington to view and sell over the internet

apj0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 04:48 AM   #9
apj0524
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Pepsi
Recently bought GT 1700 Pepsi from Watches of Distinction Lymington were they have a Shop and run a web site
apj0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 04:51 AM   #10
Harry Brown

I can recommend this site. His prices are fair and the guy (Neil Wood) based in the Bolton area, is a pleasure to deal with. No messing, if you're not happy he'll sort the problem out or take the watch back. I've traded and bought many watches with him. You won't go wrong with him!

http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/
Harry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 04:54 AM   #11
ally
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Nice selection but why isn't there any pictures on the website?
16610 LV.
ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 05:08 AM   #12
crs12
Banned

Watch: Explorer I
recently bought from austin kaye and were easy to deal with and helpful.

probably not the cheapest though as they are in the strand.
crs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 05:36 AM   #13
newsub

+1 for Watchfinder

I got my Sub date from the about four years ago. Was BNIB, but listed as pre owned.

Good price and they were offering interest free at the time too. It was a big deal for me, my first 'serious' and dream watch.

I know they get a lot or European stock, so I asked them for a UK supplied one after reading an article in the Sunday Times about buying luxury watches. They also listed Watchfinder as a recommended supplier.

I'm in the MIdlands and they sent the watch next day packed really well.
newsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 05:38 AM   #14
crs12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsub View Post
+1 for Watchfinder

I got my Sub date from the about four years ago. Was BNIB, but listed as pre owned.

Good price and they were offering interest free at the time too. It was a big deal for me, my first 'serious' and dream watch.

I know they get a lot or European stock, so I asked them for a UK supplied one after reading an article in the Sunday Times about buying luxury watches. They also listed Watchfinder as a recommended supplier.

I'm in the MIdlands and they sent the watch next day packed really well.
watchfinder seem cool and has thousands of positive reviews.

the only negative thing I see about them is people say they arent the cheapest.
Old 14 August 2012, 05:43 AM   #15
AH0RSEY
"TRF" Member

Watch: OUT !!!!
I've used "M GRAY LUXURY" based Newcastle area and Nick was ok to deal with. He has a few sub's on his site now. He seems to get NOS and sell at reasonable rates.
Old 14 August 2012, 05:45 AM   #16
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I have bought a few watches from www.watchesofdistinction.com based in hampshire. They have a shop as well as online sales.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 05:47 AM   #17
bjackson
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
Try http://www.rebeccasjewellers.com/ they are in southport and usually have a good selection, i have purchased several rolex's from them and they have always been first class. no relation just a satisfied customer. If you go to southport you could also try http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/rolex.html for the vintage side of life.
cheers
bruce
bjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 06:03 AM   #18
newsub

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs12 View Post
watchfinder seem cool and has thousands of positive reviews.

the only negative thing I see about them is people say they arent the cheapest.
I don't know about now, but when I bought mine they were one of the cheapest.

My Sub was new, still had the sticker on the back, tags and blank certificate with the original retailer stamp (Earnest Jones in West End).

I was really pleased as it was discounted, about £300 if I recall, Goldsmiths in Nottingham said they couldn't get me one for six months as they have a waiting list.

I got to know the chap at Goldsmiths quite well and told him that I might have to go elsewhere as I wanted the watch for my birthday. He said he'd check my watch out if I bought it from Watchfinder.

When I took it in, he checked it out and told me I'd got a bargain as I got it at discount (unheard of at Goldsmiths on a Rolex) and just before the annual price increase.
newsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 06:48 AM   #19
crs12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsub View Post
I don't know about now, but when I bought mine they were one of the cheapest.

My Sub was new, still had the sticker on the back, tags and blank certificate with the original retailer stamp (Earnest Jones in West End).

I was really pleased as it was discounted, about £300 if I recall, Goldsmiths in Nottingham said they couldn't get me one for six months as they have a waiting list.

I got to know the chap at Goldsmiths quite well and told him that I might have to go elsewhere as I wanted the watch for my birthday. He said he'd check my watch out if I bought it from Watchfinder.

When I took it in, he checked it out and told me I'd got a bargain as I got it at discount (unheard of at Goldsmiths on a Rolex) and just before the annual price increase.
yeah dont see it myself but only negative thing i have read about them.
Old 14 August 2012, 06:58 AM   #20
316lad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyboat View Post
Looking to get a sub very soon in the UK. Looking at some places on the internet Dream Watches and Ian Blowers is there any where else that i can look apart from here on this forum.

Many thanks in advance
I can recommend Dane at Dream Watches...good, honest guy to deal with.

Try a couple of London people too - Second Time Round are okay.

Bloweres are always good (and always have lots in stock)

But, remember the golden rule; Buy the seller and don't buy without seeing
316lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 07:00 AM   #21
crs12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316lad View Post
I can recommend Dane at Dream Watches...good, honest guy to deal with.

Try a couple of London people too - Second Time Round are okay.

Bloweres are always good (and always have lots in stock)

But, remember the golden rule; Buy the seller and don't buy without seeing
have you bought from str?

went to the shop and the guy serving was a really dodgy del boy type, called about a watch and the bloke who anwsered was really rude.

decided to steer clear after that but maybe i should give them another chance.
Old 14 August 2012, 07:02 AM   #22
BmwA5H
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16618
Second Time Round! great guys!
BmwA5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 07:07 AM   #23
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Icon13

Watch Finder

Second Time Round

bunch of useless amateurs that sell over priced rubbish

do some google research and look on other UK forums and you'll know why you want to stay away from these clowns
Old 14 August 2012, 07:15 AM   #24
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Icon13

Miltonaires is another dog turd outfit we keep getting bad reports on, and when the owner posts on TRF it's usually utter nonsense. he tries to offer his view on the economy like he's some Sir Mervyn King / Dr Ben Bernanke addressing the globe on CNN.

According to Daily Mail it's a pawnshop / cash for gold. If I was a Daily Sport or The Sun reader I'm sure their ads would feature next to the dirty numbers.

"We're seeing professional yummy-mummies in here every day of the week at the moment, coming in to pay for the family summer holiday,' says Milton."

Well, at least they're true to what Warren Buffet says: buy low, sell high!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz23Sn969x0

Read this glorious review from Who's Who.

Miltonaires: rubbish service r us

(actual photo of Miltonaires employee . The only thing that differentiates this geezer and an East London pawnbroker is the rubbish suit and the lack of an 18K gold tooth)
Old 14 August 2012, 07:47 AM   #25
crs12
Banned

Your quoting the Daily Mail as a source of insightful news which is a joke in itself.

They probably did an article about Pawnbrokers as they ran out of story's about:-

how the UK is becoming overrun with Illegal Immigrants who are terrorists
how a food they said was good to eat last week is now a cause of cancer this week.
how terrorists are teaching children in schools
how the Olympics will be full of dangerous workers who have no right to be in the country.

or other scaremongering story's which they fill their rag with each week.

The best one I heard they did recently was

"Missiles to be placed on top of Tower Blocks in East London without the residents permission to stop attacks on the Olympics"

Cant believe how anyone can serious read this excuse for a paper.

The guy in the picture is Michael Ayres, manager at Suttons & Robertsons and nothing to do with Miltons.

Says so in the article.

So Miltons are a Pawnbroker not sure how that matters its no different to any dealer buying second hand stock and reselling it.

As long as they aren't selling stuff they don't legally have the right to sell then it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 14 August 2012, 07:54 AM   #26
BmwA5H
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Watch Finder

Second Time Round

bunch of useless amateurs that sell over priced rubbish

do some google research and look on other UK forums and you'll know why you want to stay away from these clowns
I thought second time round were excellent when I bought my Sub! Also got it a great price... Did you have a poor experience with them?

Watchfinder however are useless. Phoned and spoke to numerous people about sourcing my 16618 and they are lazy. No phone calls, emails for months. So another place got my £!
BmwA5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2012, 08:01 AM   #27
Puffy
"TRF" Member

clearly Miltonaires agreed to the Daily Mail running the story, if not, there would have been no brainy quotes like the one i pasted

Says all about this outfit, doesn't it. Get the name out in the UK paper which caters to the lowest common denominator in order to attract more goods to sell on.

You don't see Mike Wood, Sanderson & Son, Blowers etc doing this.

A sound business with a good brand doesn't need to take goods off "professional yummy-mummies" through the Daily Mirror.

The point here is, they've been nasty to a fellow TRF member and many other grim stories exist on other UK forums.

Any seller who pisses on members of the TRF brotherhood will be named and shamed.

The OP asked for advice and here it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs12 View Post
Your quoting the Daily Mail as a source of insightful news which is a joke in itself.

They probably did an article about Pawnbrokers as they ran out of story's about:-

how the UK is becoming overrun with Illegal Immigrants who are terrorists
how a food they said was good to eat last week is now a cause of cancer this week.
how terrorists are teaching children in schools
how the Olympics will be full of dangerous workers who have no right to be in the country.

or other scaremongering story's which they fill their rag with each week.

The guy in the picture is a Michael Ayres, manager at Suttons & Robertsons and nothing to do with Miltons.

Says so in the article.

So Miltons are a Pawnbroker not sure how that matters its no different to any dealer buying second hand stock and reselling it.

As long as they aren't selling stuff they don't legally have the right to sell then it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 14 August 2012, 08:05 AM   #28
Puffy
"TRF" Member

the old dude at STR wanted to punch me when i kept insisting some M serial 16710s had 3186 movement.

also got into an argument over daytona clasps. they claimed daytonas only ever came on the 78590 clasp.

they don't have a clue

a friend of mine sold them a daytona, price was agreed upon inspecting yet when cash was handed over he was short changed - took the daytona and walked out the "store"

watchfinder, don't get me started on these useless muppets. angry used car salesmen tactics, very very aggressive people

once tried to buy a Heuer Monaco from them, after the 10th phone call i feared for my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwA5H View Post
I thought second time round were excellent when I bought my Sub! Also got it a great price... Did you have a poor experience with them?

Watchfinder however are useless. Phoned and spoke to numerous people about sourcing my 16618 and they are lazy. No phone calls, emails for months. So another place got my £!
Old 14 August 2012, 08:08 AM   #29
crs12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
clearly Miltonaires agreed to the Daily Mail running the story, if not, there would have been no brainy quotes like the one i pasted

Says all about this outfit, doesn't it. Get the name out in the UK paper which caters to the lowest common denominator in order to attract more goods to sell on.

You don't see Mike Wood, Sanderson & Son, Blowers etc doing this.

A sound business with a good brand doesn't need to take goods off "professional yummy-mummies" through the Daily Mirror.

The point here is, they've been nasty to a fellow TRF member and many other grim stories exist on other UK forums.

Any seller who pisses on members of the TRF brotherhood will be named and shamed.

The OP asked for advice and here it is
Fair enough now you have explained it, it makes a lot more sense.

Your original reply seemed incredibly rude for no other reason than to be rude about them.

They may have agreed to it but perhaps they are trying to get the most coverage by appearing in a paper that has the most readership.

The Sun was (May not still be after the Phone Hacking) the paper with the best circulation and the Mail wasnt/isnt far behind.

It doesnt mean they are good papers though.

Looking down the thread there is not one shop which has a thumbs up from everyone.

People are saying STR but as I said above they were awful when I wanted to buy.

The guy in STR said to me he used to have a company reclaiming bank charges which is hardly a good endorsement of a trustworthy individual.
Old 14 August 2012, 08:16 AM   #30
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Personally I can vouch for

Sanderson and son

I only hear good things about

Blowers
Mike wood
Dream watches
Watches of.distinction
Watch Co UK