The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 29 August 2014, 01:16 PM   #1
rustyduck
"TRF" Member

great experience with an AD in Eugene Oregon

I dropped into Skeies jewelers today when I happened to be in Eugene Oregon on business. I met up with Michael McNutt, one of reps at Skeies who was very helpful in resizing the bracelet on my GMT II, rearranging one of the links set in the wrong place by someone else and replacing the bezel. I did not buy this watch there and in fact had not been in this store in over 30 years but I was treated as if I was a regular customer. I've read many stories here about poor experiences with ADs so I felt compelled to reveal a gem of an AD in Eugene. I learned today that Skeies is an authorized service facility as well and has been a Rolex AD since the 1950s. If you're in Eugene (Track Town USA and home of the Ducks) there's a respected AD there.
rustyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Swegin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Skeies is a long time Eugene jeweler. Their service is always impeccable.

Great to hear that the experience you received is similar to what i have always felt walking in the door. They also have a great watchmaker who has always done my Rolex service.
Swegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2014, 01:43 PM   #3
BomB#Frog
"TRF" Member

Cool, I've been there. I think there like the only Rolex AD in Eugene, might be wrong. Used to live in the sticks along the Oregon coast. They were pretty nice, we talked about various Rolex models and even grand Seiko.
BomB#Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Time Exposure
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5980/1A
Love Skeie's. Haven't bought a Rolex there yet, but bought a nice Roberto Coin pendant on chain for the Mrs.
We have a second home about 45 miles from Eugene. If I ever buy from an AD, I'll check there first, then head up the highway (Interstate 5) thru Salem, and on to Portland (Packouz is great in Portland!) NO SALES TAX!!
Time Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2014, 03:27 AM   #5
Friar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
Love Skeie's. Haven't bought a Rolex there yet, but bought a nice Roberto Coin pendant on chain for the Mrs.
We have a second home about 45 miles from Eugene. If I ever buy from an AD, I'll check there first, then head up the highway (Interstate 5) thru Salem, and on to Portland (Packouz is great in Portland!) NO SALES TAX!!
Living in Portland, I haven't been to the Eugene AD but will give a second vote of confidence to Packouz. Nice folks, very helpful and I'm betting they are competitive within the ranks of AD's.
Friar is offline   Reply With Quote