The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 2009, 10:49 AM   #1
hdixon85
"TRF" Member

Condensation in Rolex

I was wondering if anyone here has any advice or experience with condensation in the screen of their Rolex.
It's my father's watch, about 7 years old and the dial says Rolex Oyster Precision but I don't know if that is the model or any more than that at the moment. We had a problem with the pin a couple of years ago and it was replaced but apart from that it's worked perfectly until now.
The watch has not been immersed in water or used in the shower and has been in the airing cupboard for 2 days with the dial pin in the 'out' position which has not made any difference to the water droplets on the inner glass so far.
Do you have any reccommendations as to things we can do at home, to be honest it could do with a bit of a clean, but anything else? Also, possible reasons it may have done this? And could this lead to damage/rust, or are the inner workings stainless steel? I have little knowledge of anything watch related so all help appreciated!
I realise it will probably have to go for a service, but I'd at least like to have a bit more info for when I talk to my father about this.
All help, replies and info much appreciated. Thank you.
hdixon85 is offline   Reply With Quote