The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 April 2024, 06:01 AM   #91
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
The problem is that they really are rare. The ADs might get one of each size per year. This is per the Asst. Mgr. of my AD, in NorCal. His company owns 3 ADs, and they haven’t seen any yet. Maybe the Boutiques get a few more.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
I know this, because I’m on the list for one, myself.

Kat

Quote:
With all due respect...Though your SAs may be blowing smoke up your bum,

I'm glad you feel like the watch salesperson you've transacted from in the past wouldn't lie to you. I personally value and practice business ethics. However, you state that you're on the list for one. How would you feel if the aforementioned salesperson said "we've received a few, and they've been allocated." Would that make you feel better than just saying "we haven't seen any?" Of course not. It may not impact you in any way, positive or negative, but I believe many would agree denying is the path of least resistance in a game of such high demand.

Also, surely you're on the forums enough to have noticed this same line used over and over again. Personally, I'm on quite a lot and have noticed this trend. It seems salespeople from all around the world claim "we haven't seen any of (inset watch here)." Yet, there's over 1,500 Rolex distributors and now north of an estimated 1 million watches sold per year. Strange, right? Are Ben Clymer and John Mayer buying all the watches directly from Rolex? It would seem so, if we believe these salespeople.

Finally, prefacing that final statement by saying "with all due respect" doesn't quell a later disrespectful comment. Perhaps your "relationship" is truly that, and much more than a salesperson lying to create goodwill.
Old 23 April 2024, 06:04 AM   #92
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
With all due respect, you know nothing about my relationship with my SA, who is more of a confidante, than a mere business associate. Though your SAs may be blowing smoke up your bum, I know mine is being honest. He’s not just a salesperson, and Asst. Mgr. of Devon’s flagship Rolex AD, but one of us, a real watch lover. Not all SAs are created equal.

Kat

Who knows, you may be right. It’s just hard to imagine an AD with three branches like yours has not seen a single OP Celebration dial in 36 or 41 in the thirteen months they have been out.

Even harder to believe considering the multiple social media posts of anonymous SAs saying they aren’t allowed to tell the truth when it comes to inventory.

You could be right, I do not have the ego to think I know all but it does seem a bit like an older kid holding on to a belief in Santa Claus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 April 2024, 06:11 AM   #93
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombarker View Post
I must say I agree.
After getting RNBOW they are also more open with the truth and now always tells me right out if I can't get a piece rather than the fake list.

That’s great and I think I am getting to a similar point with my AD. I asked about the puzzle dial DD, and he said no chance and no point in adding to my list. I totally understood.

Old 23 April 2024, 06:13 AM   #94
tombarker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
That’s great and I think I am getting to a similar point with my AD. I asked about the puzzle dial DD, and he said no chance and no point in adding to my list. I totally understood.

Yes, I even told them to not put me on the list if i'm not getting the watch I want. It's so nice and confirms that the "list" is bullshit, if I catch them on a good day - the watch is there for direct purchase.
Feel bad for KatGirl, I must say...
Old 23 April 2024, 10:13 AM   #95
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If I get the 36, i'm putting on that song at the AD
Cool []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

It'll 'join' my wife's 36.... we'll celebrate with you! (*≧︶≦)) ( ̄▽ ̄* )ゞ

Celebration_Wrist_Dark.jpg

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 23 April 2024, 10:22 AM   #96
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Celebration OP for wife dilemma

Why would you feel bad for me? My SA takes very good care of me. I never seriously asked for the Celebration dial. We were merely discussing it. I prefer my silver dial, with the gold accents. I’m not even sure I’d buy it, if offered. Also, I’ve always known there is no list, per se. An SA takes down your name, contact info and the watch you want. Then they may or may not keep you in mind for it, based on whatever criteria they choose.

Kat

Old 23 April 2024, 10:42 AM   #97
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
This is the same AD that sold you the Wimbledon that was supposedly just declined by a customer but this watch was actually an in stock exhibition model that was there for the previous months that was fondles by numerous customers? Some AD are just story tellers…so many stories told that they can’t keep the story straight.

Actually, No. My SA was not in the day I bought the Wimbledon. So, I do know not to trust that particular SA, and did have a conversation with my real SA about her, since he is a Mgr. What I’ve come to learn is that all exhibition pieces are eventually sold. Also, they don’t let all customers try them on. The exhibition pieces remain fully stickered, until released for sale. My watch showed no signs of having been handled.

Kat

Old 23 April 2024, 02:43 PM   #98
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

I would politely inform them that if they are unable to provide the 36, I will no longer be able to maintain my VIP customer status. This may encourage them to reconsider and provide the 36.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 April 2024, 03:01 PM   #99
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
AD can only give my wife a celebration 31 this time despite calling me ”VIP” customer. Should I take it(ready for pick up) or keep begging for a 36?
Decline. 31 is too small. Anyway you listed for a 36. Like others write you don’t have to settle. She might love it, but the bigger chance is that she’s not.
Old 23 April 2024, 03:06 PM   #100
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
What is a VIP customer.??
Someone who can get a 31 OP celebration dial
Old 23 April 2024, 04:34 PM   #101
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, I even told them to not put me on the list if i'm not getting the watch I want. It's so nice and confirms that the "list" is bullshit, if I catch them on a good day - the watch is there for direct purchase.
Feel bad for KatGirl, I must say...
OP, if you really want the watch its easy. Buy it from a Trusted Seller and then immediately send it in to the Rolex Service Center (yourself, not through an AD) and tell them you bought the watch used and you wanted to see if it needs anything done to it. RSC will check out the watch and the serial number, and they will definitely let you know if its an aftermarket dial. Then you will have peace of mind that the watch is 100% legit.

If RSC says here is anything wrong with the watch (there won't be), let the Trusted Seller know and he will take it back immediately. Read up here on the Trusted Sellers. They have worked for many, many years to build up their reputations. They are not going to risk millions of dollars in future sales to screw you out of a 36 celebration with a fake dial. This is risk-free way to buy the watch, since you will send it to RSC.
Old 23 April 2024, 07:17 PM   #102
tombarker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
OP, if you really want the watch its easy. Buy it from a Trusted Seller and then immediately send it in to the Rolex Service Center (yourself, not through an AD) and tell them you bought the watch used and you wanted to see if it needs anything done to it. RSC will check out the watch and the serial number, and they will definitely let you know if its an aftermarket dial. Then you will have peace of mind that the watch is 100% legit.

If RSC says here is anything wrong with the watch (there won't be), let the Trusted Seller know and he will take it back immediately. Read up here on the Trusted Sellers. They have worked for many, many years to build up their reputations. They are not going to risk millions of dollars in future sales to screw you out of a 36 celebration with a fake dial. This is risk-free way to buy the watch, since you will send it to RSC.
I only buy from my AD... Why are some promoting resellers here?
Old 23 April 2024, 07:19 PM   #103
tombarker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Cool []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

Attachment 1431724

If we join with the 36, i'm posting it here too and will be dancing with the song at home
Old 23 April 2024, 09:17 PM   #104
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
I only buy from my AD... Why are some promoting resellers here?
I’d hold out for the 36mm.
As far as promoting resellers…I don’t necessarily promote them, but do use them.
Because….I don’t have to play the BS games, get the BS runaround, spend money on things I don’t necessarily want to buy to POSSIBLY get something I want in 1,2,3..5 yrs, or be on a BS list.
Happily have a watch I want on my wrist in 24-48 hrs. It may cost more at this point, (prices dropping daily) but I budget that in when shopping.
Old 23 April 2024, 09:23 PM   #105
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Cool []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*

Attachment 1431724

Love it! Look so good on holiday too by the pool ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Closed Thread