The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 5 June 2013, 06:24 AM   #1
carnegie
"TRF" Member

5119J or 5119G?

Hi guys,

Which one of these 5119 would you choose and why? I hear that 5119J is in more demand. Is it simply because it is cheaper? Which one is more wearable? I do like 5119G very much but I am concerned that it might look too boring.

Appreciate your response.
carnegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 09:52 AM   #2
carnegie
"TRF" Member

Some more thoughts...

I do like 5119J but I am afraid that it will look to dressy, and I don't wear suit every day. 5119G would be better in that respect and especially on a dark blue strap, but I am afraid that it might look too boring, given that it is such a simple watch. I guess I am reaching out to those who have 5119J or 5119G and would like to hear their experiences with their watches.

Thanks!
carnegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 09:58 AM   #3
iloveomegawatch

J Far a way, G Don't show you the whole beauty of it...
Don't be afraid that it look too dressy because it will not
Just fit your wirst perfectly...
Why don't you consider R? It still a good option
iloveomegawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 10:52 AM   #4
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
At that price you'd definitely want to try both on, however, allow me to say that I prefer the yellow gold version myself (a matter of personal tastes). I don't think it is too dressy and I would definitely see myself wearing such a watch with all kinds of outfits (and believe me, I don't dress well). The white gold version looks more conservative perhaps but I like the idea of having a yellow gold watch, I find that it gives it a very classy look and I've always loved colored metals.

Rose gold could be a choice indeed but I find that yellow suits the style of the watch better.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Tony64
"TRF" Member

"j"

Personal opinion of course but I'd also go with the yellow gold. Although the white gold version is very nice, and white metal cases seem to be very much in style these days, I believe yellow to be the more "classic" enduring look.

Consider also the other jewelry that you will likely be wearing alongside the watch. I prefer to match my wedding band especially for formal occasions where this watch excels. To me the white metal would look a bit odd next to my yellow wedding band and if my band were platinum or white gold I'd probably feel the opposite.

Skin tone also plays somewhat of a role and a darker skin hue might be better with one or the other. If possible put both on your wrist and take a quick photo, probably there will be a decisive winner.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Tony64
"TRF" Member

To clarify on the above point, if your skin tone is very fair or pink then many would say that the white metals look better whereas if you have a more tan or darker complexion then yellow often works best.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 12:32 PM   #7
luv2fly
Banned

The 5119J is very elegant, understated YG and just so classic I can't find anything not to like about it. The 5119G IMHO just keeps me wanting more from the look of the watch. The 5119R is beautiful and very elegant in a slightly different way from the J. My own opinion is that the 5119 just looks better in color.
luv2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 08:46 PM   #8
jonathan17
"TRF" Member

Watch: ??? Yes please!
I also like "J"

For the Calatrava 5119 i agree with most of the guys that the yellow gold version is the way to go, get a G version for other models like the 5196. the yellow gold compliments the white lacquered/roman dial better.
jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote