The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 7 June 2015, 02:29 PM   #31
maeisenberg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Themes
DRster

I have known Mark for years and have completed over a dozen exemplary deals. He is honest and one of the nicest people to deal with. After reading your so called review, I wonder why Mark did business with you all. I would suggest buying direct from an AD. Mark answered everything truthfully and completely.
Old 7 June 2015, 02:44 PM   #32
jimmypark54
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Mark is 100% trusted and I will deal with him any day over you. lol. You really just need to stick to buying from an AD so there are zero questions asked
Old 7 June 2015, 06:45 PM   #33
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
OP, your rating is really low, it would have been 5 out of 5 for me.
Obviously you cannot expect a seller to post Breitlings warranty procedures, this info can all be found on the Breitling site.
Old 7 June 2015, 07:03 PM   #34
a.tourbillon
"TRF" Member

Watch: GO70s
Another vote for Mark, 100% trustworthy, professional, and true gentleman. Have been dealing with him for several years and still will do so without any hesitation.
Old 7 June 2015, 08:35 PM   #35
mb23
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Op gets a 1 of 5 stars. If it could be negative it would be -5. I honestly would not have gone through with selling you anything. I agree with everyone here. Go to a local AD and pay full price plus tax and ask them all the idiotic questions you would like to ask.

Does the watch set properly? Is the watch stolen goods?.... Are you serious?

My lord!
Old 7 June 2015, 11:07 PM   #36
TWCNY
"TRF" Member

With all due respect, after reading the first paragraph I likely would have skipped over your initial email and it never would have gone any further. Kudos to Mark. He is a lot more patient than I knew.
Old 8 June 2015, 12:16 AM   #37
fishingbear
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffpilot View Post
The Transocean I received is as described, at a fair price, and with all of the advertised papers...
....Overall, Mark is pleasant and sold me a good watch at a fair price. However, for the the overall transaction I award 3 of 5 stars.

buffpilot
3 of 5 stars? The OPs first and last statements tell that it was a good solid deal and as for the rest, I'll agree with the previously posted points that this buyer should probably stick to AD purchases.
Old 8 June 2015, 12:33 AM   #38
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
OP you sound exhausting. The trusted sellers sell at such a low margin. Please understand this. They really don't make that much money on each transaction. You would have drained me and I would not have sold to you. I have sold several watches on here (and bought) and they were all with very low maintenance people.
Old 8 June 2015, 02:03 AM   #39
krlyuzh
2024 Pledge Member

People want cake and eat it too.

You spend all this time typing and "explaining" yourself, yet you spend no time researching as a buyer.

Instead of typing up your novels about "3 of 5 stars" (however you came up with that rating system), spend some time online researching and come into the conversation as an educated buyer. Know who you are buying from, know the watch that you are buying well. Instead, you just sound uneducated and downright insulting.

If you need to ask whether the watch you see advertised, with clear and multiple number of pictures is real or not, you shouldn't be buying it online. If you don't want to spend your time researching, just go into your local authorized dealer, buy from them at full blown MSRP (ok, ok, maybe 15-20% off on Breitling), pay your taxes, and walk away with "peace of mind" and pay with your credit card (I assume this is why you wanted to use PayPal).

You have 5 posts, you come in with very amateur questions, and offering a very seller-unfriendly payment method. I think Mark went far beyond the point where many of us would stop the potential transaction.

Enjoy your new watch, OP, good luck finding another seller to sell to you after this post as I think it only raises questions/concerns about you, and to all who never dealt with Mark, please have no doubts.
Old 8 June 2015, 06:58 AM   #40
sickened1

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
+1 for Mark (drster). I've bought (and traded) 3 watches from him and he's been very accommodating everytime. Last transaction I forgot to include some paperworks and extra links and he didn't make a big deal out of it (of course, I sent them to him a few days later). Couldn't ask for a better seller and I'll continue to buy from him again in the future.
Old 8 June 2015, 08:30 AM   #41
Zed Homme
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I've read a lot of worthless posts (and inquiries) on this board, but this takes the cake. I simply cannot believe that folks can be so disconnected while having the wherewithal to remember how to breathe. I hope the OP never contacts me.
Old 8 June 2015, 08:47 AM   #42
JUSTROLEXES
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATE-JUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Yacht-Master
Mark is a Great Guy in my book and I'll never worry dealing with him
Old 8 June 2015, 09:43 AM   #43
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Buffpilot, first of all congrats on your new watch.

It seems to me like you would are the type of buyer who would have been better off buying a new watch from an AD.

The regular sellers here deal in volume, on most pieces not on high margin, so naturally they prefer less questions to many. I don't think it is fair to assume a seller should know all the different warranties for all the brands he/she sells, how they differ from country to country, etc. Again, he/she is not an authorized dealer, and you knew that going in to the deal. Nor is it fair to ask in writing if the watch is stolen or not, it is not only insulting but no one in their right mind would answer that question as it makes you liable. A watch might be on their 2nd, 3rd or even 10th owner - how would a volume seller know the exact history of each watch? Again, if you want that, you have to pay the premium price and get it from an AD.

Now, I've interacted with Mark about some watches, I never dealt with him. And I might agree with you that he is not a warm and long-winding communicator, but if you don't get the vibe from someone, why continue with the deal?
My thoughts exactly. Well put Patrick
Old 8 June 2015, 11:11 AM   #44
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffpilot View Post

Second, Mark seemed very hesitant to accept PayPal as a form of payment. This was surprising because his listing clearly stated that he accepted PayPal. I seemed to have to convince him to accept PayPal. To convince him, he had to research me to determine if he trusted me enough to accept my payment through PayPal. To be fair, I know that there is the possibility that I could use PayPal to scam Mark. This being said, I would have expected that using PayPal (since he advertised it) would have been as painless as if i bought the watch using some other forum (i.e. eBay).
For what it's worth, I would also be hesitant to accept paypal from somebody who is new or does not have an established history on TRF, even though my listing says that paypal is accepted. Sellers have to look out for themselves, too. I'm sure he did some research on you, found nothing shady, and decided to accept your paypal payment. If you told him upfront that you have done deals in the past with people on this forum and provided feedback, I don't think he would have thought twice.

Old 8 June 2015, 11:17 AM   #45
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingbear View Post
3 of 5 stars? The OPs first and last statements tell that it was a good solid deal and as for the rest, I'll agree with the previously posted points that this buyer should probably stick to AD purchases.
I shudder to think what I would have to do to earn 5/5.
Old 9 June 2015, 01:09 AM   #46
afc1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrolexes View Post
Mark is a Great Guy in my book and I'll never worry dealing with him

I agree with this completely. Mark was clearly honest and fair in this transaction, and he went above and beyond to make it go through. 5/5 star seller.

Watch Collection: Rolex and AP
Old 9 June 2015, 01:18 AM   #47
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I shudder to think what I would have to do to earn 5/5.
a reacharound?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 9 June 2015, 01:32 AM   #48
waQstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16760
Mark is A+ in my book, as honest as they come...
Old 9 June 2015, 03:24 AM   #49
JBZ
"TRF" Member

I don't post here very often (clearly ), but I've completed something like 4 or 5 transactions with Mark, and he's been nothing but an exemplary seller in each of them.

I'd never hesitate to do business with him - 100% trustworthy.
Old 9 June 2015, 07:22 AM   #50
nsumner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
a reacharound?
Old 9 June 2015, 07:50 AM   #51
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
The OP is long gone and probably doesn't give a $h.t about all the glowing reviews of the seller. Don't you all feel like you are beating a dead horse by continuing this? Time to move on with your lives already.
Old 9 June 2015, 08:32 AM   #52
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by JizJizJiz View Post
As a buyer, I award you a 2 out of 5. You paid real money in usd currency as agreed, but I found the first-person account of your dealing rather annoying.

I completely agree with you Jiz.

@ OP : as a new account with only 5 posts, I would NOT be as nice as Mark to accept paypal from you.

Mark has been selling here for a long time, he is a stand up guy.

As others have said try buying from an authorized dealer next time.

Instagram: rolexfan69
Old 9 June 2015, 08:45 AM   #53
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
The OP is long gone and probably doesn't give a $h.t about all the glowing reviews of the seller. Don't you all feel like you are beating a dead horse by continuing this? Time to move on with your lives already.
He, and indeed your good self, commented on this thread over on another thread quite recently (less than 36 hours anyway)

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...00#post5892900
Old 9 June 2015, 08:52 AM   #54
MickCollins1916
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
drster- 3 of 5 stars

I have never done business with Mark, but based on reputation alone, it would be a privilege to do so. No question.

Misguided though the OP's cross-examination of him may have been...I know I wasn't born with pro-level knowledge either (and am still learning fascinating stuff on TRF every day). We were all new to the game at some point. I've been fortunate enough to have bought/traded with some super guys on this forum over the last few years, like Kirill, DavidSW, Evan C, and Nathaniel, all of whom were patient and accommodating, as Mark clearly was in this scenario.

I've learned from all of those guys, and I'm sure I asked what in retrospect may have been a few amateurish questions. I can understand the OP being cautious and such...but concur the over-the-top grilling went way beyond what was necessary here. Horse dead on that issue.

If nothing else, maybe this thread will serve as notice to future newcomers to work the Google machine for AD warranty info and search the seller feedback thread for reputation info before asking needless questions or blasting people publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 June 2015, 11:15 AM   #55
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Move on..... Bye...
Old 10 June 2015, 11:09 AM   #56
dkexplorer
"TRF" Member

My 1st serious on-line purchase was with Mark on the other forum. At that time I did not research about him (or any other sellers). Thinking back it was stupid on my part not to look up the seller first. After all, in the pre-owned market you buy the seller. I am glad that the purchase was with Mark and I got a good watch at a fair price. I could have been taken for a ride easily with all the scammer on these on line forum.

I will deal with Mark again without hesitation.
Old 10 June 2015, 11:18 AM   #57
911SC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16623 YM40
Local buyer here, got a few watches from Mark- 5 💫 all the way! Smooth deal every time.
Old 10 June 2015, 11:54 AM   #58
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
@Mods, I move to have the thread re-titled, as I've seen done before, to accurately reflect the type of dealer Mark is. Or deleted altogether. He does not deserve this.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 10 June 2015, 01:40 PM   #59
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
@Mods, I move to have the thread re-titled, as I've seen done before, to accurately reflect the type of dealer Mark is. Or deleted altogether. He does not deserve this.
I second it... Op has not been back, or answered any questions....
Old 11 June 2015, 01:16 AM   #60
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Greg, every buyer who deals with a trusted seller is entitled to his/her opinion on the transaction experience. What you are suggesting is a form of censorship which is not acceptable here in the good 'ol USA or on this forum.
Closed Thread