The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 3 January 2015, 09:19 AM   #271
"TRF" Member
Watch: Rolex GMT Master
As promised... GMT IIc on a green NATO. Personally I think the green hand with the green nato gives it a little extra over the sub.

Unlike the rest of my photography which is usually rubbish I think you can see the beautiful, mirror-shiny black bezel of the GMT in these shots.

And if the GMT looks huge on my wrist, believe me my wrists are really, really thin !

Couldn't resist including my Tudor Black Bay with red stripe strap in one of the pictures... sorry...

Hope this helps you decide... personally I love the GMT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-02 23.12.11.jpg (107.1 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-01-02 23.14.15.jpg (114.0 KB, 540 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-01-02 23.13.12.jpg (166.0 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-01-02 23.32.13.jpg (131.5 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-01-02 23.40.37.jpg (137.4 KB, 535 views)
Rolex DSSD, Explorer II, GMT Master IIc.
Tudor Heritage Black Bay, Aeronaut, "Montecarlo" Chronograph, Pelagos.
Hamilton Khaki Pilot.
Bremont ALT1-C, ALT1-WT, Solo 37.
darwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2015, 05:08 AM   #272
"TRF" Member
Watch: Daytona
Icon12 Love my Sub

Flip a coin. A no lose situation.
shferenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2015, 02:34 AM   #273
"TRF" Member
Just got my GMTiic. I preferred the bling that came with it because it made it look really professional and classy when wearing a suit or sports coat M-F, and it continued looking amazing on the weekend with a Tshirt and shorts. Now, I just need to find a way to keep the PCL looking crisp. Given that I was first looking for DJ2, this met both goals I was looking for in a watch. :). Special thanks to ponycar350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DHISTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2015, 03:23 AM   #274
"TRF" Member
Watch: PAM449
jhcam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2015, 09:59 AM   #275
"TRF" Member
New member here..

Here are my watches, and what do you know..

Cut and Paste from my Intro post here

I've been looking at a Sub C 116610ln for years (since 2010) but always had an upcoming expense- wedding, new house, 1st child, new car to accommodate said child.

So finally last year after having no upcoming major expenses, I decided to get one, but found no AD in Australia and Singapore had any stock (family member was traveling to Singapore). I called up virtually every AD in Australia and Singapore (there aren't that many since they are only sold at boutiques these days).

Wow, no stock of the Sub C in Australia and Singapore/Malaysia AD's!!! All had a waiting list. No discount of course.

Hmmm, spoke to a couple of used watch dealers, Sub C is always snapped up quickly due to their popularity, but I asked them to keep in contact with me in case one pops up or they get a grey market one.

After 6 months of waiting, one had a GMT II C at a good price, so I said I'll take it, and then get a Sub C later on (and then sell the GMT).

After I got the GMT II C, I found that I liked it much more than I expected and would be happy if I didn't get the Sub C, since they are similar in looks, size, material etc.

What do you know, a week later the other watch dealer calls me to say he has a near new Sub C for me at a great price. Too good to refuse.

So now I'm a proud owner of both a GMT II C and Sub C. Honestly I can't split the two about which is my favourite, but as they are similar I can't justify having both as well my other automatic watches too.

I only tend to alternate 2 watches for months at a time, as once automatics lose power and I have to set the time on them, they tend to say in the drawer for months! lol.. maybe time to invest in a watch winder.

Anyway, I can't justify owning 2 substantially priced (for me) Rolex's which are similar. Fortunately but still sadly, the choice of which to keep is fairly easy. My wife who likes my Rolex's can wear my Sub with it's Glidelock clasp/bracelot. So unfortunately, I will say goodbye to the GMT.

But fortunately the GMT will stay in the family. I want to give it to my humble father who would give me the shirt off his back and has only worn Sieko's and Citizens his entire life. Hopefully he will appreciate it when I give it to him when I next see him. If he think it's too much money for a watch or won't accept it, I'll just tell him to please look after it for my 2yo son. He can give it back to my son when he grows up and can appreciate a Rolex.

So from my viewpoint, you can't go wrong with either. BUT, if your partner would like to wear your watch from time to time, like mine does, then Sub C.

If not, you can't go wrong with the GMT. or Sub! IMO you can't really go wrong with either.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but I'm not sure it's my mind playing tricks with me, but the GMT feels slightly more natural to wear, even though it shouldn't. However both, though no light weights are comfortable to wear.

I wonder what the OP did finally get, if any. Looking at the OP's post count, we'll never know.
Johnb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2015, 10:13 PM   #276
Hay Ewe
"TRF" Member
Watch: that squirrel
both of these are for differnt functions and purposes

The submariner is a pure watch hh:mm:ss with a bezel for simple countdown

The GMT is hh:mm:ss with a rotating bezel with 15degree detents for either timing or the third time zone.

Either of them on a Rubber B if yours comes with a PCL.

a Sub No-date is my second option after an Explorer2.
reason, i dont want the rotating bezel so choose the EXP2
and going to get a RubberB for it
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2015, 09:24 AM   #277
2015 Pledge Member
Watch: "fat lady" etc etc
my opinion and reason for it !

i have a 16610 sub and i love it ! i love it on the bracelet ,and i love it on NATO. i am considering a 16710 GMT Mast. II black bezel to use on NATO and leave the sub on bracelet ! the watches are similar enough that i wont miss one when wearing the other , yet they are different enough that i will be able to get excited about each one !
Hollywoodvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2015, 08:34 AM   #278
Sub all the way for me.
westsidewatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2015, 09:45 AM   #279
"TRF" Member
Watch: Rolex Explorer I
maxbaris is offline   Reply With Quote