The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 April 2008, 04:04 AM   #1
GoldenBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Milgauss price question...

I just saw on the "For Sale" part of the forum that some guy was trying to sell a Milgauss for over $12-14K. He was confident he could get that. I was in Cabo last week and was offered 2 of them, 1 white and 1 black, from an AD at less than the new MSRP. Are they really going for that much of a premium?
Breitling Emergency Mission

**They are just watches, wear 'em.**
Old 7 April 2008, 04:06 AM   #2
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I just saw on the "For Sale" part of the forum that some guy was trying to sell a Milgauss for over $12-14K. He was confident he could get that. I was in Cabo last week and was offered 2 of them, 1 white and 1 black, from an AD at less than the new MSRP. Are they really going for that much of a premium?
Even better......I forget who posted it but a few days ago, there was a post from a website that someone was trying to get $14,000 for an LV!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:08 AM   #3
mldaytona
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go all out
Quote:
I just saw on the "For Sale" part of the forum that some guy was trying to sell a Milgauss for over $12-14K. He was confident he could get that.
He must be out of his sound mind.
mldaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:10 AM   #4
Rodima

Quote:
In the salescorner he is offering a Milgauss LV and not the normal white an black Milgauss
Rodima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:15 AM   #5
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Quote:
There may be a sucker dumb enough to pay that, but I wouldn't buy one ( to keep and wear) at MSRP.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:36 AM   #6
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx77 View Post
Even better......I forget who posted it but a few days ago, there was a post from a website that someone was trying to get $14,000 for an LV!
What?!?! Are you serious? lol!!!
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:46 AM   #7
Markg
"TRF" Member

Watch: R
Quote:
Are they really going for that much of a premium?
the green glass versions are

swissluxury has them "on sale" for 16,500!

and they will buy yours for $10,000!
Markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:49 AM   #8
mldaytona
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go all out
For $16,500 I will build my own Milgauss.
mldaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:50 AM   #9
Thani
Banned

Watch: Milgauss 116400 GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodima View Post
In the salescorner he is offering a Milgauss LV and not the normal white an black Milgauss

its a milgauss GV not LV
Thani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 04:51 AM   #10
JohnEaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Red1680 metres 1st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodima View Post
I've seen the Milgauss GV [not LV, that's the Sub, Lunette Verte] listed very high, see:

http://www.essential-watches.com/wat...tn=1&subsctn=4

This does not mean that people are buying at this greatly inflated gray market price.

I've also seen the gray market non-green sapphire Milgauss, black or white dial in the $8K range.
Old 7 April 2008, 04:52 AM   #11
JohnEaton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thani View Post
its a milgauss GV not LV
Thank you Maxwell Smart, you type faster than me
Old 7 April 2008, 05:20 AM   #12
sphereman
"TRF" Member

well... these GV models DO sell for $12k - $14k... it is all about supply and demand. no need to bash a fellow member here..
sphereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 05:26 AM   #13
marke
Banned

Watch: Daytona
hi ya, gren glass milgauss in the uk are selling for £7000- £8000 OVER DOUBLE. I have been offered double for what i paid for mine from a dealer. I was also offered 14000 dollars from a dealer in california last week who wanted my watch. Saying that i have not even worn it after getting it and having 2 extra links put in the bracelet.

what is also interesting,is that rolex must have shipped some GV Milgausses and daytona's last week to the uk as they are appearing on ebay already.....

i can should anybody want a white or black face milgauss get two of them at the normal retail price in england, and can ship world wide for anyone wanting one.
marke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 05:28 AM   #14
marke
Banned

Another point to add, apparantly ROLEX usa have 100 gv milgauss in stock ready to ship out but have delayed theis for some reason.

On speaking to my uk man at rolex, there are only about 25/30 green glass milgausses in the uk at the moment.. hence the rarity.
Old 7 April 2008, 05:29 AM   #15
JohnEaton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphereman View Post
well... these GV models DO sell for $12k - $14k... it is all about supply and demand. no need to bash a fellow member here..
Not bashing, stating my opinion... I believe $16-18k is wayyy tooo inflated for me to buy a Milgauss GV.

Does someone have the right to ask $30K or more for such an item? In my opinion, yes they do... I'd say you could ask a million, are you going to get it? I doubt it, but more power to you if someone has more money than sense and smiles and throws money at you.

Generally people with money have sense, or they do not have money for long.

Ask what you want for your timepiece and let supply and demand and the market determine what you receive...
Old 7 April 2008, 05:42 AM   #16
marke
Banned

demand for these is like the demand for Nintendo Wii's at christmas, you could virtually name your price for one of these games consoles...
Old 7 April 2008, 05:45 AM   #17
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Green Crystal Milaguss' 2008

guys! you remember the prices SS GMTII-c's were commanding when they first were released? Rolex is just playing with the marketplace is all. They're in production, just like Daytonas(which(heresy of heresies) I don't really like, too busy), and will reach a realistic price range once everyone calms down.
best, dan
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 05:52 AM   #18
JohnEaton
"TRF" Member

With inflation and devaluing of the US Dollar, just what is a "realistic price range" anymore?

Believe it or not, last week I've had an AD tell me Rolex did not raise prices enough, and that another price increase in the near future was possible...

[I know, I shouldn't have even posted that, all the threads that comment could start...]

I certainly hope that Rolex does not raise prices again soon, and I also hope the US dollar stabilizes... Hope in one hand, and.....
Old 7 April 2008, 06:51 AM   #19
Rodima

Sorry guys i'm still in love with my LV and offcourse it must be GV
Rodima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2008, 07:22 AM   #20
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphereman View Post
No one blames him for the attempted sale. It's just identifying the buyer in advance as an idiot. In six months the "green glass" debacle will have been resolved throughout the supply chain and these will be an MRSP or discounted watches again.
Old 7 April 2008, 07:24 AM   #21
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
demand for these is like the demand for Nintendo Wii's at christmas, you could virtually name your price for one of these games consoles...
Yes, and in Jan you could buy a thousand of them if you wished. Same thing as what will happen to the GV Millys.
Old 7 April 2008, 07:41 AM   #22
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
No one blames him for the attempted sale. It's just identifying the buyer in advance as an idiot. In six months the "green glass" debacle will have been resolved throughout the supply chain and these will be an MRSP or discounted watches again.
Ouch, that's pretty harsh. What if somebody with lots of money just wants to buy a Milgauss GV and doesn't have to wait for it? Why does that make him an idiot?

If I remember correctly, Thani (who owns one of these beautiful Milgauss GV) was once offered $20k somewhere for his Milgauss GV, but he turned it down, does that also make him an idiot for not accepting the offer?

I hope you're right about the GV going back down from it's lofty pricing so that the average joe like us can afford it.
Old 7 April 2008, 07:44 AM   #23
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbellevue View Post
Ouch, that's pretty harsh. What if somebody with lots of money just wants to buy a Milgauss GV and doesn't have to wait for it? Why does that make him an idiot?

If I remember correctly, Thani (who owns one of these beautiful Milgauss GV) was once offered $20k somewhere for his Milgauss GV, but he turned it down, does that also make him an idiot for not accepting the offer?

I hope you're right about the GV going back down from it's lofty pricing so that the average joe like us can afford it.

Sorry. I really didn't mean it as an attack on anyone in particular. It's just crazy to pay that much for that watch. I mean, think of what other watches you could buy for that money? I certainly don't think it's proper to assert that someone not flipping at that price equals a buyer either.
If anyone can pay nearly three times retail vs. wait six months, more power to them.

Iphones, green millys, it's always the same thing. Instant gratification does have limits though in my mind.
Old 7 April 2008, 07:56 AM   #24
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
Sorry. I really didn't mean it as an attack on anyone in particular. It's just crazy to pay that much for that watch. I mean, think of what other watches you could buy for that money? I certainly don't think it's proper to assert that someone not flipping at that price equals a buyer either.
If anyone can pay nearly three times retail vs. wait six months, more power to them.

Iphones, green millys, it's always the same thing. Instant gratification does have limits though in my mind.
No worries, I hear you man. I personally know 2 people that have bought the Milgauss GV at $13,000 per watch!!!! I was blown away when I found out. But to each his own, they're the same friends that paid $900 for a Nintendo Wii console from eBay for their kids, because the stores ran out of them.

But role reversal though, can you imagine, being in possession of a Milgauss GV bought at MSRP and selling it at $15,000?
Old 7 April 2008, 11:40 AM   #25
CPCC
"TRF" Member

Crazy price inflation like this started the tulip frenzy in Europe. Then the bottom fell out. I feel sorry for whoever is left holding it when the price drops below 14k back to msrp.