The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 August 2016, 09:56 PM   #61
soybeanwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622
Thanks for the share! Both great watches. Most can easily argue for both sides. Having had the 300MCA and the Sub there were a couple of personal pref issues with the Omega that it had to go :/ To each is own and to own each of these is a plus in my book : )
soybeanwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 02:16 AM   #62
heeler777
"TRF" Member

To those who made an INFORMED decision to purchase a Rolex - I respect your decision.

Rolex created an amazing brand mainly as a result of superior marketing.

I've met numerous people through the years that think Rolex is the be-all end-all of watches and bought their Rolex without knowing ANYTHING about timepieces. I've asked them what they think of Vacheron Constantin, Glashutte, Patek, Jaeger, IWC, A. Lange & Söhne, etc. and they've never heard of ANY of them. They think that wearing a Rolex is the ultimate status symbol. For me, this has tainted the brand and makes it very unappealing.

I wear my Seamaster more often than most of my watches. It is a great value, feels great, looks great, performs well and reflects my sense of style. I would never compare it with Rolex for the reason stated above.
heeler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 04:29 PM   #63
wm5382
"TRF" Member

Gents, bash Rolex as much as you like... Omega superior this and that...

But do you realize that you are posting on The Rolex Forum? Even-though in a different subsection... How ironic...

Perhaps those Rolex haters in TRF should have just made their own The Omega Forum to satisfy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wm5382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 11:00 PM   #64
cedargrove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss, GMT IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeler777 View Post

I've met numerous people through the years that think Rolex is the be-all end-all of watches and bought their Rolex without knowing ANYTHING about timepieces. I've asked them what they think of Vacheron Constantin, Glashutte, Patek, Jaeger, IWC, A. Lange & Söhne, etc. and they've never heard of ANY of them. They think that wearing a Rolex is the ultimate status symbol. For me, this has tainted the brand and makes it very unappealing.
Do you really think Omega owners are any different? I assure you they are not. Rolex and Omega sell roughly the same number of watches per year (700,000-800,000) and it's not only watch enthusiasts who are buying Omega. Ridiculous comment frankly.
cedargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 11:02 PM   #65
flw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm5382 View Post
Gents, bash Rolex as much as you like... Omega superior this and that...

But do you realize that you are posting on The Rolex Forum? Even-though in a different subsection... How ironic...

Perhaps those Rolex haters in TRF should have just made their own The Omega Forum to satisfy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um ... There is one: https://omegaforums.net
flw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 02:21 AM   #66
heeler777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
Do you really think Omega owners are any different? I assure you they are not. Rolex and Omega sell roughly the same number of watches per year (700,000-800,000) and it's not only watch enthusiasts who are buying Omega. Ridiculous comment frankly.
Apparently cedargrove doesn't think this is a forum where we can share our personal experience. That's a ridiculous premise FRANKLY.
heeler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 05:14 AM   #67
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

The truth is both make great pieces that cater to different tastes...a lot just feel the need to justify their purchase. They are definitely on equal footing in my eyes.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 08:00 AM   #68
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
I disagree, I think very few people buy omega as strictly a status symbol, and would say a large amount of poeople, excluding this forum buy Rolex knowing nothing about watches other then the brand Rolex.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2017, 01:20 PM   #69
JacksonStone
Banned

I have both. Appreciate the Seamaster. Love the Sub (date).
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2017, 01:35 PM   #70
Greg5512
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Big Block
I love the look of the seamaster...bought the spectre last week and owned it for 3 days...didn't like the way it fit me...I've had bad luck with planet ocean 45mm as it hurt my wrist...the spectre...well I have 7.5 inch flat wrist and it just didn't sit well...traded for BLNR GMT Master...but I thought and still do think it's a beautiful watch...on other people
Greg5512 is offline   Reply With Quote