The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12 April 2020, 11:41 PM   #31
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Sub paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzen View Post
The one thing that bothers me is that in this case misalignment would be the same across the dial, whereas in my case it's just some parts that are not aligned (see above).

So it's rather "misengraving" than "misalignment".

Am I missing something?

If part of it is aligned the other is not then it’s a defect. This can’t happen S Rolex is so anal about these details to the point there’s a whole building department to look for such irregularities at Rolex HQ.
as I stated above, R is always on the 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minutes indexes.
X is on 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25.
Can you take a picture of the left half of the rehaut where the Rs should be aligned with the indexes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 April 2020, 03:39 AM   #32
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
I think it’s fine. If it worries you, send it in.

I have serval dial misalignments, and it’s not always easy to spot, or consistently off.
Old 13 April 2020, 06:33 AM   #33
hertzen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
If part of it is aligned the other is not then it’s a defect. This can’t happen S Rolex is so anal about these details to the point there’s a whole building department to look for such irregularities at Rolex HQ.
as I stated above, R is always on the 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 minutes indexes.
X is on 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25.
Can you take a picture of the left half of the rehaut where the Rs should be aligned with the indexes?
Here you go. You may argue that "R" is a bit off, but it's definitely less off than "X" on the right side.

Would be a bomb if a Sub which I proudly wear for years is a fake

Rolex geeks, where are you when you are so needed?
Let's discuss watches, not ADs or price drops... :)
Old 13 April 2020, 06:47 AM   #34
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Quote:
Here you go. You may argue that "R" is a bit off, but it's definitely less off than "X" on the right side.

Would be a bomb if a Sub which I proudly wear for years is a fake

Rolex geeks, where are you when you are so needed?

Let's discuss watches, not ADs or price drops... :)
Repectfully, ALL responses on this forum are speculation. If you want true confirmation, send it into RSC for service (you mentioned its not running to spec), and they will let you know without a doubt if its real or not...anything else on this forum is just a circular discussion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 13 April 2020, 06:55 AM   #35
hertzen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenC5 View Post
Repectfully, ALL responses on this forum are speculation. If you want true confirmation, send it into RSC for service (you mentioned its not running to spec), and they will let you know without a doubt if its real or not...anything else on this forum is just a circular discussion.
I agree.
However, there is a point in discussing this.
If there's someone knowledgeable who thinks that things like these (strange hand stack and inconsistent misalignment) is something you can see in a real Sub, I will indeed have the watch to be opened, but not before it's planned service comes up.

However, if this is suspicious enough in the eyes of the community I will have to open the watch ASAP once corona passes by.
Old 13 April 2020, 07:08 AM   #36
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Sub paranoia

My perspective on rehaut alignment is that if it’s off on the whole watch it’s one thing. But when it’s somewhat centered on the R and a few Xs, but not others, that is more of a QC issue, which would make me highly suspicious. Can we see the dial with the light hitting the glass? You need to look for all the tells right now:

AR coating on the date? Quality of bracelet and the way the expansion clasp operates, LEC and the quality of it? Need more pics. Sometimes macro shots show clear misalignment but from a normal angle it doesn’t look as bad.

Also the hand stack looks fine too me. I think in these instances super macro shots will only confuse people. Need quality shots from close up enough where we can see more of the watch in the shot, as if you were trying to sell it

Old 13 April 2020, 07:29 AM   #37
hertzen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
My perspective on rehaut alignment is that if it’s off on the whole watch it’s one thing. But when it’s somewhat centered on the R and a few Xs, but not others, that is more of a QC issue, which would make me highly suspicious. Can we see the dial with the light hitting the glass? You need to look for all the tells right now:

AR coating on the date? Quality of bracelet and the way the expansion clasp operates, LEC and the quality of it? Need more pics. Sometimes macro shots show clear misalignment but from a normal angle it doesn’t look as bad.

Also the hand stack looks fine too me. I think in these instances super macro shots will only confuse people. Need quality shots from close up enough where we can see more of the watch in the shot, as if you were trying to sell it

Here are few old photos (I can make new ones tomorrow under daylight), but can assure it looks 100% OK on this level. It feels right, all the weird things are on the macro level.

Old 13 April 2020, 07:40 AM   #38
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
If it was purchased 4years ago, super reps didn't have the clone rolex movement. All the top end reps of that period would have used a 2824 movement.

Why is this important... The 2824 crown adjusts in the opposite direction to the Rolex movement.
Old 13 April 2020, 07:47 AM   #39
hertzen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
If it was purchased 4years ago, super reps didn't have the clone rolex movement. All the top end reps of that period would have used a 2824 movement.

Why is this important... The 2824 crown adjusts in the opposite direction to the Rolex movement.
The "crown test" is okay. All the basic-level stuff like that is okay : )

The question is if super-clones existed then...
Old 13 April 2020, 08:13 AM   #40
Rori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The "crown test" is okay. All the basic-level stuff like that is okay : )

The question is if super-clones existed then...

You’re right about super fakes, some say even some watchmakers can’t spot the high quality ones. I suppose you don’t have papers and card of this watch?!
Anyways, as it’s quarantine and you can’t send the watch anywhere, and as you’re enjoying our input “so far :-)”
bellow is a list of tips you can only check since you can’t post high resolution pictures here for us to see:
1- go macro on the hands. Minute, seconds and hour hands edges must look as smooth as a Japanese award.
2-font ink of the date wheel’s numbers should also be spell free and super sharp. Go through all numbers from 1 to 31.
3-Besides the R & X alignment discussed earlier, the original Rolex Rehaut is angled in a way the indexes are not reflected on it. Also the polishing is not strong so you won’t be able to see the reflection of the indices. “This is a Hard one I know”.
4-the glidelock, this should be buttery smooth and clicks to each and every one of the notches like a charm. Usually fakes are gritty and the sliding feel of the glidelock feels jarring.
5-the crown, this is also a smoothness heaven both unscrewing, winding, pulling out, In and screwing in.

Old 13 April 2020, 08:15 AM   #41
Rori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here are few old photos (I can make new ones tomorrow under daylight), but can assure it looks 100% OK on this level. It feels right, all the weird things are on the macro level.

And it looks so good on your wrist too.
:-)

Old 13 April 2020, 12:01 PM   #42
Miura Mario
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV 116613LN
SELs looks good, insert looks good, colour looks good, is the crown all the way screwed in on your ws or is that gap not there irl? Check if the cutouts for the numbers on the insert have beveled edges. Rivet on the hand stack looks suspect but maybe that was changed - Rehaut engraving looks ok. My handstack hole looks more closed. Subdial markers look good. Hands look good.

Can you get a better view of the dial printing? If your able to get a macro of the watch face at dead centre of the dial I should be able to help.
Old 13 April 2020, 04:19 PM   #43
Jonah10
"TRF" Member

Sub paranoia

A simple view of the move to will easy the paranoia you’re having. Just have a trusted watchmaker open and take a look.

Old 13 April 2020, 04:30 PM   #44
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
The watch is fine.

Looks just like my 114060 when viewed at the same angle.

Enjoy wearing it.

Old 13 April 2020, 04:31 PM   #45
Ihatecheese
Banned

Take it to a shop as many wrote. Easiest way rather than guessing online with randoms!
Typically paranoia is perpetuated by online experts. At least in my experience..
Old 13 April 2020, 04:46 PM   #46
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

No point micro analyzing to death
You will never know with 100% even with everyone chiming in. Because it’s all opinions.
Personally I think you’re being paranoid but just take in to RSC when covid19 is over then you will know for sure because you will always have some grain of doubt

Old 13 April 2020, 04:48 PM   #47
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I was fooled by a fake sub once. Ended up getting my money back luckily. Was still blown away by the quality of the fake. To be fair though, the fake had a ton of authentic parts..
Old 13 April 2020, 05:47 PM   #48
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

My BLRO purchased brand new by me at AD has a slightly misaligned rehaut as well. I got over it

Old 13 April 2020, 06:03 PM   #49
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
If you look at a variety of available pics from reputable sources, you will see it is common for the crown of the Rehaut to be slightly right of center.
Old 2 February 2024, 05:33 AM   #50
Lankan1993
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 15200
Looks fine.
Old 2 February 2024, 06:48 AM   #51
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Zombie threads are real.
Closed Thread