The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 April 2024, 04:14 AM   #31
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMantooth View Post
Thanks for all the replies!! Y’all are great, I’m going to keep chipping away at the ADs and keep my fingers crossed. I’ll report back with how the experience goes. Today was the second time I stopped by the AD and he once again took down all my info. He said they keep track of every visit. It’s actually pretty fun stopping by, kinda like going to a car show. 😁
That’s a good attitude to have

I wish you the very best of luck
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 04:22 AM   #32
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesMantooth View Post
I have been trying for a year to find a GMT II at an AD. As a pilot it’s the pinnacle of watches. I have an oyster perpetual that is my everyday watch. Am I crazy for trying to obtain a GMT at retail with only a OP? You won’t hurt my feelings by saying yes. My friend in NYC said his AD said there are no more GMTs being allocated for the rest of the year at retail. Has anyone heard anything?
Have you considered the (discontinued) all-black 116710LN or the Explorer 2 black dial on the grey market?

If you add AD prices for the GMT plus sales tax, you're getting close to those cited above. Best value for a Rolex with a GMT movement. (5-digit GMTs will be around the same prices, too)

—Danny
Old 19 April 2024, 11:55 AM   #33
WesMantooth
2024 Pledge Member

I have not considered those pieces until you mentioned them. That’s a great idea, I am going to try to find those in person at the local reseller. Thanks!
WesMantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 11:58 AM   #34
WesMantooth
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesnyder View Post
Good luck! I have three GMT's - the latest I just got in January and the first one I purchased in 2019. The VTNR (Sprite) I just got I was on the waitlist for 2 years. The other two (CHNR and BLNR) took an average of 6 months. People will tell you they know how long it will be, but nobody really knows. The availability - judging from the forum - is getting better. I suggest getting on the waitlist at multiple AD's - there are any number of ways AD's manage their waitlists - and this will increase you chances.
I asked for the black/blue and the classic red/blue, on any bracelet. I’ve gone to 3 ADs and the SAs have been extremely nice and very hopeful that it’s possible to score one.
WesMantooth is offline   Reply With Quote