The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 January 2014, 02:12 AM   #1
Rolex57
Banned

Watch: DSSD, YM2 SS
Royal DeVersaille, Toronto

Anyone here buy from RDV Toronto within the past year or so? If so, what did you get and what kind of a discount did you agree on?

Last time I spoke with a contact there, they were offering 13-15% on stainless. Not sure about 2-tone though. That was 2 years ago.

I'm in the market for 2-tone Rolex.

Can anyone confirm if Irene Tam is still there. When I was in there 2 weeks ago I didn't see her in their Rolex boutique in the front of the store. Not sure if she's working near the back at their Tudor counter. I've done business and referred business to her in the past.

Thanks
Rolex57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2014, 03:14 PM   #2
Rolex57
Banned

UPDATE:

Thought I'd come in and give an update with relation to my initial post and query. This will be a long post, but hopefully, somewhat entertaining.

I forgot how much fun it was doing the research, visiting various AD's, and checking out various Rolex models before making one's final choice.

So far, I'm strongly strongly leaning towards getting the GMT Master II BLNR. I've been out of touch with what new models Rolex has been coming out with the past 5 years. For the most part, it looked like the past few years were mostly focused on getting all their models into the ceramic bezels and larger lume markers on the dial. I didn't know that in 2013 they came out with the BLNR.

So first I went to a used Rollie dealer because they had the BLNR posted as new and available for sale. Their website stated $9000 CDN out the door. I got there and the price jumped up to $9800 out the door if I paid in cash. The watch looks fantastic. I see most here are pinning away for the old pepsi and coke bezelled versions of yester-year. I think Rolex struck gold with the BLNR.

Anyways, speaking with the used dealer, I come to find that they do sell new Rolex, but if they don't have it in the case, they can "get" in within 2 weeks. The seller was rather coy, but with more questions and prodding, I come to find out that there's a Rolex AD in another city that's been selling their stock to this store!!! Turns out this store is a Grey Market dealer. I asked if the paper's were open. She said yes, but were stamped with the Rolex AD's name and address. I was assured that the Rolex 2 year warrantee was good and that I'd be additionally covered by their own 2 year warrantee. Anyways, I took the seller business card and left.

On my way back to work, Royal DeVersaille was just a short detour on my way back. I stopped in and talked to the AD. Total hottie!!! Musta been about 25 years old. Before moving over to the Rolex Boutique, I checked around to see if the lady I've done business before was around (Irene Tam) I couldn't see her. She'd been a mainstay at the store so I'm rather surprised to see that she's no longer there. Admittedly, I never asked anyone there if that was the case.

So I asked about the GMT BLNR. Sure enough, they had one in the case. I don't know if I should be surprised or not that I'm 2-in-2 for seeing this watch. Reading some of the posts on the BLNR, I understood it to be a rather hard watch to find and here I was, seeing 2 within the past 35 minutes. I asked her about price. Without hesitation she told me the BLNR retails for $9050 CDN, but, she could give me 16% discount on the watch right off the bat. Adding back tax, I could get the price for the BLNR for roughly $8590 CDN out the door. I asked her about what she could do for me if I paid cash. She said it made no difference. It was the best she could do. Well................we'll see. When I buy, I'll bring in cash and work something out. I'm a repeat customer and I've referred Rollie buyers which resulted in purchases in the past. I'm sure I can squeeze another 2% seeing as VISA probably hits them up for 5% of the sale on a credit card.

I asked her to run me a quote on the TT GMT Master II. Again, 16% off. I recall the all in price was around $12,481 CDN out the door. I was originally hinting at getting some in TT or solid gold. Reading threads here, I was kinda put off about the who "scratch" think with gold. I'm pretty anal about my stuff and a scratch on a beautiful watch could kill me. I've been wearing my SDDS as a daily wear and it is very robust, strong, and has minimal scratches and no bracelet stretch. 904L steel is magnificent to say the least. So I think I'll stick with the SS on this next purchase.

Lastly, before I left, I asked the AD if they had any Tudor's in stock. She replied yes and led me over to the watch case. I'm not familiar with their line, but they did have a nice Tudor that was quite striking. It looked like a SUB, but the aluminum dial was burgundy in in colour. She priced that out for me also. Something like $3897 CDN out the door. The discount on the Tudor line was a little more generous. 18% on all models.

I thanked the AD for her time, exchanged names and she gave me her business card from the shop. When I'm ready to buy, I'll buy from her.

Out of curiosity, do you TRF'ers think 16% is a good discount on a Rolex, or do you think I have room to do better????
Old 15 January 2014, 03:17 PM   #3
Rolex57
Banned

UPDATE:

Thought I'd come in and give an update with relation to my initial post and query. This will be a long post, but hopefully, somewhat entertaining.

I forgot how much fun it was doing the research, visiting various AD's, and checking out various Rolex models before making one's final choice.

So far, I'm strongly strongly leaning towards getting the GMT Master II BLNR. I've been out of touch with what new models Rolex has been coming out with the past 5 years. For the most part, it looked like the past few years were mostly focused on getting all their models into the ceramic bezels and larger lume markers on the dial. I didn't know that in 2013 they came out with the BLNR.

So first I went to a used Rollie dealer because they had the BLNR posted as new and available for sale. Their website stated $9000 CDN out the door. I got there and the price jumped up to $9800 out the door if I paid in cash. The watch looks fantastic. I see most here are pinning away for the old pepsi and coke bezelled versions of yester-year. I think Rolex struck gold with the BLNR.

Anyways, speaking with the used dealer, I come to find that they do sell new Rolex, but if they don't have it in the case, they can "get" in within 2 weeks. The seller was rather coy, but with more questions and prodding, I come to find out that there's a Rolex AD in another city that's been selling their stock to this store!!! Turns out this store is a Grey Market dealer. I asked if the paper's were open. She said yes, but were stamped with the Rolex AD's name and address. I was assured that the Rolex 2 year warrantee was good and that I'd be additionally covered by their own 2 year warrantee. Anyways, I took the seller business card and left.

On my way back to work, Royal DeVersaille was just a short detour on my way back. I stopped in and talked to the AD. Total hottie!!! Musta been about 25 years old. Before moving over to the Rolex Boutique, I checked around to see if the lady I've done business before was around (Irene Tam) I couldn't see her. She'd been a mainstay at the store so I'm rather surprised to see that she's no longer there. Admittedly, I never asked anyone there if that was the case.

So I asked about the GMT BLNR. Sure enough, they had one in the case. I don't know if I should be surprised or not that I'm 2-in-2 for seeing this watch. Reading some of the posts on the BLNR, I understood it to be a rather hard watch to find and here I was, seeing 2 within the past 35 minutes. I asked her about price. Without hesitation she told me the BLNR retails for $9050 CDN, but, she could give me 16% discount on the watch right off the bat. Adding back tax, I could get the price for the BLNR for roughly $8590 CDN out the door. I asked her about what she could do for me if I paid cash. She said it made no difference. It was the best she could do. Well................we'll see. When I buy, I'll bring in cash and work something out. I'm a repeat customer and I've referred Rollie buyers which resulted in purchases in the past. I'm sure I can squeeze another 2% seeing as VISA probably hits them up for 5% of the sale on a credit card.

I asked her to run me a quote on the TT GMT Master II. Again, 16% off. I recall the all in price was around $12,481 CDN out the door. I was originally hinting at getting some in TT or solid gold. Reading threads here, I was kinda put off about the who "scratch" think with gold. I'm pretty anal about my stuff and a scratch on a beautiful watch could kill me. I've been wearing my SDDS as a daily wear and it is very robust, strong, and has minimal scratches and no bracelet stretch. 904L steel is magnificent to say the least. So I think I'll stick with the SS on this next purchase.

Lastly, before I left, I asked the AD if they had any Tudor's in stock. She replied yes and led me over to the watch case. I'm not familiar with their line, but they did have a nice Tudor that was quite striking. It looked like a SUB, but the aluminum dial was burgundy in in colour. She priced that out for me also. Something like $3897 CDN out the door. The discount on the Tudor line was a little more generous. 18% on all models.

I thanked the AD for her time, exchanged names and she gave me her business card from the shop. When I'm ready to buy, I'll buy from her.

Out of curiosity, do you TRF'ers think 16% is a good discount on a Rolex, or do you think I have room to do better????
Old 27 January 2014, 12:27 AM   #4
esweiner
"TRF" Member

Watch: blnr
Thanks for the post. I'm in Toronto and planning on getting the BLNR. Your post is very useful for me.
I did see the Role re-sellers website offering the BLNR for 9,800 (ridiculous) .
esweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2014, 01:39 AM   #5
Islatate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5980/1R-001
Based on my own experience, 16% offered by RDV on the BLNR is a good discount. You may be able to get another 2% if you shop around but then again you may not. It all depends on the AD's stock situation. If the AD has only 1 or 2 BLNR in stock, it's highly unlikely they will give more than 15%.

On TT Sub with black dial (LN), you should be able to get minimum 20 off. 25 points is not out of the question. The TT Sub with blue dial (LB) is a tougher piece to find right now so a discount of 13%(= taxes in) to 15% is more realistic. If you are after aggressive discounts, you may want to consider the TT Daytonas and TT GMT2 as ADs are more eager to move them.

I have been to RDV several times in the past couple of months. The saleswoman (Valeria) whom I've dealt with is exceptional. She's very pleasant, helpful and has oodles of patience. Highly recommended.

Good luck on your search.
Islatate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2014, 09:35 AM   #6
shaginwagon13

Another fellow Toronto native here.... I was actually going to give these guys a call next week for a watch price.

Anyone know how much they charge for IWC cleaning and service?
shaginwagon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2014, 11:18 AM   #7
Islatate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5980/1R-001
With regards to IWC service and related costs, it all depends on which model you have, and what maintenance procedures or replacement parts are required when the watch has been inspected. There are many Richemont dealers (IWC is part of the Richemont Group) in the GTA so you can drop off your watch at any of the reputable watch retailers including Humbertown, Birks or RDV. For a fee, the retailer then sends your watch to Richemont's head office in Mississauga. Within 3 or 4 days, Richemont will email you a list of recommended maintenance/service procedures once they have completed a thorough inspection of your watch. Don't be surprised to see the charges for the recommended service exceed $1,000.

Keep in mind these are recommended maintenance procedures so there is no obligation whatsoever. You can instruct Richemont what you want done and what you will take a pass on. IMHO, there are many qualified independent watch technicians out there who can do the same quality work for a fraction of the cost. In addition, if replacement parts are not required, these technicians can complete the job within 2 weeks. With Richemont, it is not uncommon for them to take up to 3 months to do similar work. Good luck.
Islatate is online now   Reply With Quote