The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 February 2010, 01:06 PM   #1
znobleman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss
Awesome ADs

I am pretty sure it is against the rules to discuss specific folks who sell in the retail market.. so I will obscure the details to protect the guilty.

I recently returned after 6 months to the point of purchase for my 09 Milgauss and the AD refused to let me leave with the watch. "You have to let me keep it overnight because I need to polish it out and make it look like new." The guy was an absoulte trip. True to his word the watch looked like brand ned the next day. I am an absolute fan of this AD as they take care of folks and take amazing pride in their work. His excuse to me was simply, "That watch reflects you and my store.. and it needs to look good every time you wear it... I won't settle for less." There are still good folks in the world.

You will know who I am talking about.. just look for the AD with a nice suit and black fingernails.

Last edited by znobleman; 20 February 2010 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes
znobleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Great story. Now, why don't you make it less complicated for the intellectually challenged like me and post the AD?
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2010, 02:48 PM   #3
smallcandle
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, Omega PO
I don't understand - he insisted on keeping the watch you had bought from him six months prior because he wanted to polish it? You left it overnight so that this could be done? Again, he insisted and wouldn't take "No thank you" for an answer? Am I missing something here? Sorry, but I'm not leaving my watch with anyone just because they insist on making it looks its best.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I just don't get it.
smallcandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 07:19 AM   #4
eb641
"TRF" Member

Not true....Uncooperative AD's are named and pointed at in this forum continually. Just do a search for Tourneau and you'll se what I mean
eb641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 07:25 AM   #5
mikefrmnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by znobleman View Post
I am pretty sure it is against the rules to discuss specific folks who sell in the retail market.. so I will obscure the details to protect the guilty.

I recently returned after 6 months to the point of purchase for my 09 Milgauss and the AD refused to let me leave with the watch. "You have to let me keep it overnight because I need to polish it out and make it look like new." The guy was an absoulte trip. True to his word the watch looked like brand ned the next day. I am an absolute fan of this AD as they take care of folks and take amazing pride in their work. His excuse to me was simply, "That watch reflects you and my store.. and it needs to look good every time you wear it... I won't settle for less." There are still good folks in the world.

You will know who I am talking about.. just look for the AD with a nice suit and black fingernails.
Glad you had a great experience. The world needs more ADs like that. Lets see the watch.
mikefrmnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 10:30 AM   #6
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
Its nice to see your AD taking care of a watch he sold you.
RRGHOST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 10:51 AM   #7
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
We should get great service when paying premium prices for a premium brand at a premium store!!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 02:09 AM   #8
znobleman
"TRF" Member

I purchased my 09 Milgauss from Reeds Jewlers in Columbia SC. The manager is Everett and he is a phenominal individual who is passionate about his work. He took great care of me when I made the purchase and has been very patient with my questions. Even though I moved away, 6 months later he remembered my name. Of course he gave me a reciept for the watch while he polished it, and he was kind enough to give me a new polishing cloth and a retail Rolex guide to boot! Others may have different opinions, but as a first time Rolex owner, it is good to se someone who apreciates the watch as much as I do. I will absolutely buy from him again. In fact, after hearing my story a co-worker plans to drive down and work with him for an upcoming purchase.
Old 24 February 2010, 02:50 AM   #9
moviefreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by znobleman View Post
I purchased my 09 Milgauss from Reeds Jewlers in Columbia SC. The manager is Everett and he is a phenominal individual who is passionate about his work. He took great care of me when I made the purchase and has been very patient with my questions. Even though I moved away, 6 months later he remembered my name. Of course he gave me a reciept for the watch while he polished it, and he was kind enough to give me a new polishing cloth and a retail Rolex guide to boot! Others may have different opinions, but as a first time Rolex owner, it is good to se someone who apreciates the watch as much as I do. I will absolutely buy from him again. In fact, after hearing my story a co-worker plans to drive down and work with him for an upcoming purchase.
nice.. I wish all AD's were that way... some of them forget about you as soon as you buy the watch..
Old 24 February 2010, 03:56 AM   #10
stusrt
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many
the AD closet to me is Tapper's in West Bloomfield, MI
Any Rolex (or other high end brand) you buy from them, they will polish it anytime for free for the rest of your life.
Great deal. However they are also the stingiest with their discounting in the area. Give and take....

A lot of rich folks in the area, so they don't really need to discount much. And a lot of people enjoy the top customer service Tapper's provides.

Me, I still go to the AD's that offer the biggest discounts...
stusrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 11:29 AM   #11
bradg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M,GMT1675,
My local AD is also great....knows me when I come in...we shoot the breeze..try on some watches. Has a full time dedicated watch maker who knows his ****. I was in there today. We had a nice BS session and I left..didnt buy a thing. Tried one on, gave it back...He knows I will be back
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 11:54 AM   #12
fsouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex daytona
My local AD calls me on a regular basis to tell me what is new and asks me where I have been if it is longer than a month or so. They are great and treat me like I am the only customer in town!

Any service issues are handled without any discussion and I always know that things will be handled in the best way possible.
fsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 12:03 PM   #13
faingator
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
I have a great AD as well. I was first on his list to call when a 2010 Daytona ss blk dial came in last week. Of course I snapped it up..
Rolex Explorer II White V-Series
Rolex Yachtmaster SS M-Series
faingator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 02:04 PM   #14
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
chuckles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb641 View Post
Not true....Uncooperative AD's are named and pointed at in this forum continually. Just do a search for Tourneau and you'll se what I mean
X2!

Cheers,

--Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
ayecarumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 02:44 PM   #15
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
I am satisfied with my AD.

Not the biggest discounter as some that I've read on this forum, but the service they provide is top notch.

I get free straps for my Panerai, I get to bring in my watch for polishing anytime, I get double the warranty and free first servicing.

Not only that, but my salesman bends backwards. When I was selling my Tag Heuer Monaco, he offered to polish it for free and give me a Tag box for it! I didn't even buy the Tag from him and he's giving me a Tag box to help with the sale of it on eBay!

They ALL know me by name and always acknowledge me when I come in. From the manager to the guard... they treat me very well.

I always come back and I bring more business.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Joey_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2010, 01:30 PM   #16
znobleman
"TRF" Member

What are some other perks that your ADs offer.. It will help next time I go in to negotiate.