The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 19 November 2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Bobswatches.com question?

Hi TRF,

So im going down to Orange county next week. I was planning on stopping at Bobswatches "store front" to check out some rolexes i've seen on there site that i'm interested in.

My concerns:
So after reading some reviews on bobswatches storefront. Its more like a checking/cash type place. The pictures on there yelp and website are fake. Why would the company have fake pictures of there store front and showroom? Obviously if i go there and the pictures don't match i would be a little turned off. I also hear that they have pretty good phone customer service as 90% of there business is done online. But people that went to there store front felt a little rush, pushed, and staff wasn't helpful with walk in customers.

My question:
Has anyone on here ever been to there so called "Store front"? How was the experience? I consider there pricing to be pretty fair. Do you guys agree?

Does anyone on here have any recommendation of other watch places i could go in the orange county/newport beach area (NON AD PLEASE)? I know (jewelry on time) is pretty good and reputable.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 05:42 AM   #2
AndrewTr1224
"TRF" Member

Hoping someone will chime in soon. Am also looking at Bob's Watches for a possible purchase.
AndrewTr1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 05:49 AM   #3
schwartz914
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I would go to look, but you are going to find that their prices are not good. Check on here and you will find significant savings.
schwartz914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 06:15 AM   #4
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

I guess no one as been to the store front before. I guess ill just have go to in and report back to everyone my experience.

Old 19 November 2015, 06:30 AM   #5
asleep
"TRF" Member

Is this member not Bob's Watches?: http://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=41018
asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 06:37 AM   #6
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Is this member not Bob's Watches?: http://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=41018
Yeah i think that may be someone working for bobswatches selling watches on here as well. They only have 200 posts so i don't know how active they are on this forum.

I would love that account to chime in on this question and reassure me that i will have a pleasant experience.

Old 19 November 2015, 08:33 AM   #7
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I bought a couple watches from them online - the service is very good and the watches exactly as described. Their phone staff is excellent as well.

But, the physical location sounds more like an office with a vault than a conventional boutique. IIRC from their website, you make an appointment to view the watches you're interested in.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 08:50 AM   #8
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

The only reason i'm asking about this so called store front.

As the store is a little out of the way and a bad experience would make it even more disappointing as I'm pretty serious about buying a watch if i find the right one.

Does anyone have any other recommendations in the Orange County area?

Old 19 November 2015, 08:56 AM   #9
JohnBaker3
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1971 Red Sub
I visited the storefront back in 2013; they require that you make an appointement and let them know in advance what watches you are interested in.

They have a security enclosed waiting room for obvious reasons. They do some in house watchmaking such as cleaning and polishing. Anything big goes up to the RSC in LA.

I did not feel pressured. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful with my questions.

I purchased a Rolex from them about 10 days after that visit. The watch was exactly as described and the price was fair in my opinion.

Old 19 November 2015, 09:11 AM   #10
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBaker3 View Post
I visited the storefront back in 2013; they require that you make an appointement and let them know in advance what watches you are interested in.

They have a security enclosed waiting room for obvious reasons. They do some in house watchmaking such as cleaning and polishing. Anything big goes up to the RSC in LA.

I did not feel pressured. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful with my questions.

I purchased a Rolex from them about 10 days after that visit. The watch was exactly as described and the price was fair in my opinion.

Thank you for the info. This makes me a little more on ease.

Old 19 November 2015, 09:19 AM   #11
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Hi TRF,

So im going down to Orange county next week. I was planning on stopping at Bobswatches "store front" to check out some rolexes i've seen on there site that i'm interested in.

My concerns:
So after reading some reviews on bobswatches storefront. Its more like a checking/cash type place. The pictures on there yelp and website are fake. Why would the company have fake pictures of there store front and showroom? Obviously if i go there and the pictures don't match i would be a little turned off. I also hear that they have pretty good phone customer service as 90% of there business is done online. But people that went to there store front felt a little rush, pushed, and staff wasn't helpful with walk in customers.

My question:
Has anyone on here ever been to there so called "Store front"? How was the experience? I consider there pricing to be pretty fair. Do you guys agree?

Does anyone on here have any recommendation of other watch places i could go in the orange county/newport beach area (NON AD PLEASE)? I know (jewelry on time) is pretty good and reputable.
Personally I would deal with Patrick aka OCRolexguy if you are interested in more than just tire kicking. IMO, Bob's pieces are over-priced and there have been numerous discussions here on the forum that their grading system which describes the condition of the watch is not entirely accurate. You will do better with trusted sellers from here on the forum and Patrick has awesome feedback from his customers and he's in Orange County. Best of Luck!
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2015, 09:30 AM   #12
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Personally I would deal with Patrick aka OCRolexguy if you are interested in more than just tire kicking. IMO, Bob's pieces are over-priced and there have been numerous discussions here on the forum that their grading system which describes the condition of the watch is not entirely accurate. You will do better with trusted sellers from here on the forum and Patrick has awesome feedback from his customers and he's in Orange County. Best of Luck!
OCROLEXGUY is def someone i would deal with. Ill email him right now but he doesn't have a lot of watches on hand. Also i want something used. OCROLEXGUY only has BNIB when i checked his threads.

Old 19 November 2015, 09:57 AM   #13
Bobsnocat
"TRF" Member

Greetings
I've purchased a few pieces from them online and have been quite satisfied.
Their pricing is reasonable and they do service their watches prior to sale.
I would consider them a trusted seller.
YMMV
B
Bobsnocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2015, 01:41 AM   #14
briboxer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: forever changing
Hi Brandon,
Welcome to the OC!
The guys at "jewelers" are going to be the only ones to satisfy your browsing experience.
They definitely have the inventory, and are all very friendly down there.
Bob's has too much negative feedback, and won't display for you. It's an office.
You can also check with Atlantis Watches in Tustin. You might even find what you are looking for there.
best of luck!
briboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2015, 03:49 AM   #15
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Update:

Went to bobswatches. The reviews are totally wrong. The lobby and show room is clean and looks nice. The watchmaker who showed me the watch was helpful and not pushy at all. Didn't pick up the watch due to other reason but I had a great experience. Would recommend anyone to go in and checkout a watch.

They have a HUGE selection and there watches look brand new.

Old 26 November 2015, 11:38 PM   #16
Ojinhb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman
I live within a few miles of Bob's. I have nothing negative to say about it, but want to describe the setting. It is in beautiful Huntington Beach, so an opportunity to visit the pier for the beautiful sunset with your purchase, and post the pic here.

It's is a strip mall with a grocery store and a number of small shops nearby. It is an older center, probably 70s. If you are looking for a high end jewelry store or rolex boutique like place, Bob's looks different from the outside. The area is suburban, safe and clean, and most people in the parking are foing to and from
The grocery store. I have walked past it but never gone in, so I am only describing the exterior.
Ojinhb is offline   Reply With Quote