The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 28 February 2015, 08:07 AM   #1
CharlieMae
Banned

FS: Vintage Rolex 1675- ALL RED GMT HAND-1972, Rivet Bracelet- NICE!

So, this will be my first watch for sale here on TRF. I have been selling to local dealers in NYC and on eBay for many years, but I figured I would test the waters here on TRF and see how it goes.

I know you guys are a picky bunch and I have seen watches ripped to shreds on the forums, so...go easy on me guys, I will only put my nicest and most unique pieces up for sale here.

Up for sale is a 1972, 3.3m 1675 GMT. This particular watch is unique because of the ALL RED GMT Hand which is original to the watch. GMT's produced from 2.5m-3.5m have been found to be correct for the All red GMT hand and this one falls in the proper range.

I purchased this watch from a Dealer in Florida, as is and it was just serviced. The watch will come with a 1 year movement guarantee which will be provided to the buyer and can be returned to the Dealer for free service through Feb 2016. Timed and pressure tested and everything is good to go.

Matte Dial is beautiful and without any scratches or damage. Hands match the dial plots and nothing glows any longer. Under Black UV light the hands do have a slight glow, but nothing glows under white light.

Rivet Bracelet has a little play but, not excessive and nice. Clasp engraving is sharp and snaps closed tight. I have a solid 78360 if the buyer is interested, we can discuss that. Rivet is dated 1 year earlier than the case back. Rivet is dated 1-71 and case back is stamped II-72. Not unusual to see and more than acceptable as correct.

Lugs are thick and in good shape. Dealer applied a brushed finish to the top of the lugs during service but, did NOT polish the case. He knew better than to do that. The chamfers are also original and were not re-cut, they look good as well.

Overall a really sharp and rare piece, with the rivet and all red GMT Arrow. I price my watches fairly and to move, so my price is my final price but, it does include FEDEX shipping anywhere in the US or Internationally.

If it does not sell here or if you feel it is priced too high then roll the dice and wait because it will go to eBay as a no reserve auction. Hopefully it will find a home amongst the collectors here on TRF. I hope you like it as much as I do.

$8500 via Bank Wire, Includes Overnight Fedex.

charliemae203@yahoo.com

CharlieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2015, 11:44 AM   #2
CharlieMae
Banned

Thank you to a fellow forum member for alerting me to the fact that the clasp in the photos above was incorrect. Since I cannot remove the photos (no edit feature) I am adding 2 new photos of the watch with the correct clasp.

It is still 1-71, there was an issue with the buckle and the photograph, so the pictures below reflect the current and correct 1-71 C&I buckle for sale with this watch.

Sorry for the confusion and if you cant see any difference between the two don't worry, it isnt your eyes, it was a detail only the most discerning GMT expert would notice

Old 1 March 2015, 01:16 AM   #3
CharlieMae
Banned

Thank you for the trade offers, but no trades on this piece. Sale Only.
Old 1 March 2015, 10:11 AM   #4
CharlieMae
Banned

24 hour notice..no sale on TRF and its going to go to ebay.

Lot's of emails and offers, but no one has pulled the trigger. 24 hour notice.
Old 2 March 2015, 12:44 AM   #5
CharlieMae
Banned

Sunday Morning Final Bump.

8pm EST tonight it will be listed on eBay, for any and all interested.