The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 23 November 2015, 02:38 PM   #61
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmendick1 View Post
As far as suing him, you have a very strong case if you can prove he sent those to you (email/text records). If the guy is out of state, you'll have to sue and serve him in his state, as your home state court won't have jurisdiction over him. To make it air tight, I would ask breitling not to verify that his is a fake, but to verify that the pictures he sent you, with the subdials spaced as I've shown you, are not correct, that is, breitling has never made a navi 01 with the subdials spaced that way (they haven't). If you can get that from breitling, you're set, you have enough evidence to prove he sold you a fake, you will win.

The only possible issue would be if he's broke and already has a line of creditors after him (he's judgement proof).

This is perfect! And thank you for the pictures. I thought that was what was being said was the problem, but now it is completely clear. I do have the text records which I plan on bringing along with high resolution pictures so I can show the difference between an authentic 01 and the fake.

Outstanding idea with Breitling by the way. They should at the very least be able to do that wouldn't you think? With that being said, if they could confirm the pictures are not of a watch that they have made, everything else would be completely irrelevant wouldn't it?

I don't think the seller is broke, it wasn't too long ago he sent me pictures of his new AP that he recently purchased to show how legit he is. As well as how much he goes through to get his watches verified before he purchases them. I couldn't imagine if he was going to pay 13k plus that he would be in bad shape. Oh and he owns a wholesale clothing business here in LA as well which is local to me by the way.

The thing I am not sure about is, am I able to go after more than just the price of the watch if I am to procure more losses due to having to pay for authentication or anything else that I may need to do? Of course this would be in small claims court, so it will be somewhat different from regular court I can imagine.

Thank you very much for the help! This will be perfect.
Bocktagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2015, 12:18 AM   #62
KeepTicking
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ2, BLNR, PO, Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocktagon View Post
This is perfect! And thank you for the pictures. I thought that was what was being said was the problem, but now it is completely clear. I do have the text records which I plan on bringing along with high resolution pictures so I can show the difference between an authentic 01 and the fake.

Outstanding idea with Breitling by the way. They should at the very least be able to do that wouldn't you think? With that being said, if they could confirm the pictures are not of a watch that they have made, everything else would be completely irrelevant wouldn't it?

I don't think the seller is broke, it wasn't too long ago he sent me pictures of his new AP that he recently purchased to show how legit he is. As well as how much he goes through to get his watches verified before he purchases them. I couldn't imagine if he was going to pay 13k plus that he would be in bad shape. Oh and he owns a wholesale clothing business here in LA as well which is local to me by the way.

The thing I am not sure about is, am I able to go after more than just the price of the watch if I am to procure more losses due to having to pay for authentication or anything else that I may need to do? Of course this would be in small claims court, so it will be somewhat different from regular court I can imagine.

Thank you very much for the help! This will be perfect.
You're actually pretty lucky that, like most crooks, your crook is an idiot. Had he sent you pictures of a real navi 01, he would be able to argue that what he sold you was legit, and either you or the watchmaker switched it out for a fake, you would probably lose. Thankfully, being the idiot your crook is, the pictures of the watch he sent you are of a fake, and you can prove that just from the images without opening the movement up. High five for dumb crooks!!

You need some sort of "expert" 3rd party to verify that what I've told you about the subdials is true. I know what I've told you is true, but I'm just a guy on the internet, for all a judge knows I could be a 40 year old guy living in his mom's basement wearing a slayer T shirt and posting on internet forums all day long .

I would call breitling, speak to the manager you spoke to last that's familiar with your situation, and simply ask him to take the pictures that were sent to you by your seller, and send you, via email, a response from him, a breitling watchmaker, or anyone over at breitling, a confirmation that the 43mm breitling navitimer 01 subdials are spaced differently than the one in your image, and that breitling has never made a 43mm navitimer 01 with subdials spaced as the subdials in your seller's pics are. Given your situation, the fact that one of their AD's serviced a fake, I do not see any reason they would be unwilling to do this.

Best of luck, keep us posted on how it turns out!!
KeepTicking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2015, 04:56 AM   #63
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

I've had some luck with small claims court in LA County. PM me and we can discuss if you want.
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2015, 02:04 PM   #64
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmendick1 View Post
You're actually pretty lucky that, like most crooks, your crook is an idiot. Had he sent you pictures of a real navi 01, he would be able to argue that what he sold you was legit, and either you or the watchmaker switched it out for a fake, you would probably lose. Thankfully, being the idiot your crook is, the pictures of the watch he sent you are of a fake, and you can prove that just from the images without opening the movement up. High five for dumb crooks!!

You need some sort of "expert" 3rd party to verify that what I've told you about the subdials is true. I know what I've told you is true, but I'm just a guy on the internet, for all a judge knows I could be a 40 year old guy living in his mom's basement wearing a slayer T shirt and posting on internet forums all day long .

I would call breitling, speak to the manager you spoke to last that's familiar with your situation, and simply ask him to take the pictures that were sent to you by your seller, and send you, via email, a response from him, a breitling watchmaker, or anyone over at breitling, a confirmation that the 43mm breitling navitimer 01 subdials are spaced differently than the one in your image, and that breitling has never made a 43mm navitimer 01 with subdials spaced as the subdials in your seller's pics are. Given your situation, the fact that one of their AD's serviced a fake, I do not see any reason they would be unwilling to do this.

Best of luck, keep us posted on how it turns out!!
Wow! So keeping my fingers crossed but the seller received my letter today. He just called to say that he is willing to meet me at the watch store to give me my money back on Wednesday. I know that hasn't happened yet, but I'm certainly hoping that it works out. I will keep you guys updated.

I didn't get a chance to call Breitling today because I was so busy at work. Hopefully I won't need to and everything will work out. We will all know very shortly. Then I can buy an AUTHENTIC Rolex! I'm very excited about that.
Old 24 November 2015, 04:05 PM   #65
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Wow! So keeping my fingers crossed but the seller received my letter today. He just called to say that he is willing to meet me at the watch store to give me my money back on Wednesday. I know that hasn't happened yet, but I'm certainly hoping that it works out. I will keep you guys updated.

I didn't get a chance to call Breitling today because I was so busy at work. Hopefully I won't need to and everything will work out. We will all know very shortly. Then I can buy an AUTHENTIC Rolex! I'm very excited about that.

Excellent pls keep us posted!

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2015, 11:02 PM   #66
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
Excellent pls keep us posted!

I certainly will.
Old 25 November 2015, 12:38 AM   #67
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
He just called to say that he is willing to meet me at the watch store to give me my money back on Wednesday.
I hope that's true, but just be aware that it's a common scammer tactic to say things like that to buy time. Hope for the best but you should expect to be stood up.
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2015, 12:55 AM   #68
Nick M
"TRF" Member

www.horologicalservices.com

I'm not sure if you've tried these folks or not, but they are great. Mark is a Breitling genius! They should be able to provide you with expert documentation on the authenticity of the watch.

Downside is you will need to ship it to PA and pay for the service, but if push comes to shove you may need it.
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2015, 04:09 PM   #69
cruvon
"TRF" Member

All the best, hope he returns the money and you can start shopping for a real one this time:)

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2015, 03:45 AM   #70
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
All the best, hope he returns the money and you can start shopping for a real one this time:)

Thank you very much. I hope so as well.

We will know the result by this evening. I will post here either way it goes to let everyone know.
Old 26 November 2015, 09:47 AM   #71
myclue
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
hope you get your money back tonight!
myclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2015, 10:13 AM   #72
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclue View Post
hope you get your money back tonight!

Thank you very much. I will know here in about 20 minutes hopefully. I'm here waiting for him now.
Old 26 November 2015, 10:48 AM   #73
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Got it!!!! 100% cash of what I originally paid. I must say, I didn't think I was going to see it back that easily to be honest.

I would like to thank all of you for the help and support on this matter. You have all been very kind and the advice you have provided has been world class. Because of the folks on this forum, I will now know of what precautions to take to ensure that this never happens again. And that is priceless. Thank you again TRF.
Old 26 November 2015, 10:53 AM   #74
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

Great to hear that you got your cash back. You have been very lucky in that regard. Most people don't see anything back after a deal like that. We'll done.
Old 26 November 2015, 11:47 AM   #75
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Congrats mate...pictures when u get the new watch!:)

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2015, 02:22 PM   #76
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
A happy ending! Very lucky this all worked out. Congrats.
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2015, 03:24 PM   #77
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. A very surprising happy ending at that. I honestly believe the seller meant well throughout the process, I think he got screwed terribly. It wasn't hard to tell that today. I hope he is able to get his money back from wherever the watch originally came from.
Old 26 November 2015, 04:06 PM   #78
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Thanks guys. A very surprising happy ending at that. I honestly believe the seller meant well throughout the process, I think he got screwed terribly. It wasn't hard to tell that today. I hope he is able to get his money back from wherever the watch originally came from.

Very great ending ,btw check the notes you got if those are all legit.👍🏻

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2015, 08:26 AM   #79
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Maybe I was a little harsh with my first post, anyone can get scammed.

Really glad you got your money back.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2015, 10:56 AM   #80
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Maybe I was a little harsh with my first post, anyone can get scammed.

Really glad you got your money back.

That's okay. I understand that these stories can become frustrating after a while.
Old 27 November 2015, 03:10 PM   #81
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
A good outcome Bocky.

So, what have you decided on for your replacement watch?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2015, 04:31 PM   #82
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
A good outcome Bocky.

So, what have you decided on for your replacement watch?

It certainly is.

I have been looking at several Rolexes. I have always like the platinum dial and bezel yachtmaster. There is one that perpetualman88 has for sale on here that looks amazing, plus he is local. I have also started quite liking the gmt ii batman bezel. I know they are two completely different watches but they both speak to me. What do you think?
Old 27 November 2015, 05:10 PM   #83
sbybbuser
"TRF" Member

Wow. What a story.
Good for OP that he can receive the money back.
It is easy to tell that it is a fake watch given the subdial spacing is off. Also the datewheel looks sunken.
Next time, try to compare the watch to the pics online at least.
Congrats OP. Hope you buy a great watch with that money

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk
sbybbuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2015, 05:50 PM   #84
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
They are both excellent choices.

I chose the ceramic Submariner (114060) over the BLNR last time round and am not convinced that it was the best decision.
The platinum yachtmaster is the first Rolex I wanted to buy but for one reason I have never bought one.
It was the favourite watch of of a good friend.
Between those two the BLNR wins.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2015, 10:48 PM   #85
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Got it!!!! 100% cash of what I originally paid. I must say, I didn't think I was going to see it back that easily to be honest.

I would like to thank all of you for the help and support on this matter. You have all been very kind and the advice you have provided has been world class. Because of the folks on this forum, I will now know of what precautions to take to ensure that this never happens again. And that is priceless. Thank you again TRF.
Excellent ending. Also proof in my book that the seller knew he was selling you junk. If I was 100% sure I was selling or had sold you a genuine watch, I wouldn't give up without a fight. So he just wanted to save his

Great outcome!
Old 28 November 2015, 02:21 AM   #86
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
The guy who sold the fake knows the watch maker is my gut feel. I would go after the seller to start and let the AD know you are about to write a review about your watchmaker/certification experience there. This review will force hands.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2015, 02:50 AM   #87
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

So no more Breitlngs?
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2015, 06:16 AM   #88
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
So no more Breitlngs?

Yeah I don't think so. At least not at this current time. The way Breitling handled the situation by not even bothering to respond to me left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I hardly want to buy a watch from them as a thank you. It's a shame really because they do have so beautiful pieces.
Old 28 November 2015, 06:31 AM   #89
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
The way Breitling handled the situation by not even bothering to respond to me left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Why should they handle anything? You never owned a Breitling. I think it's very understandable if they, as a rule, don't respond to inquiries involving counterfeit drama. There are plenty of other great brands out there though!
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2015, 12:07 PM   #90
Bocktagon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
Why should they handle anything? You never owned a Breitling. I think it's very understandable if they, as a rule, don't respond to inquiries involving counterfeit drama. There are plenty of other great brands out there though!

Oh I don't know, maybe because one of their authorized dealer's certified watchmaker completely serviced it and didn't realize it was fake. If it had been the same situation but with a car let's say, I would certainly expect them to at the very least respond to my email. Wouldn't you?