The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 May 2024, 10:59 AM   #1
BassCatBrad
"TRF" Member

Rookie wanting some advice

Hi all, thanks for letting me join. My wife’s birthday is fast approaching and I’m thinking about buying her a gently used Rolex. She has always wanted. I have scoured the Internet and found two that I think she may like. She is definitely a yellow gold wearer, so I am leaning towards one of them lol. I was just wanting to get some feedback on these two models and the years they were made. They are priced with $200 of each other.

Watch 1 is a 1988 26mm Datejust #69173. Stainless steel and 18k Jubilee bracelet. It has a blue Arabic dial. NOTE my wife’s favorite color is blue and she likes wearing yellow gold. The yellow gold shows a little wear around the 4 O’clock and 6 o’clock areas on the bezel. The jubilee band is sagging a little which I know is quite normal. The watch includes the box and papers.

Watch 2 is a 2002 Stainless steel 26MM Date #70190. It has an oyster bracelet, black dial, and engine tune bezel. The watch looks practically new and includes the box and papers.

Again.. Just want some feedback or advice on those models and those years of production please. Does one hold any special value or is one harder to come by than the other? Thanks in advance.
BassCatBrad is offline   Reply With Quote