The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 8 January 2013, 05:53 AM   #1
AAP8
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC LN
Watchmaker in Cleveland??

Hey Everyone,

My brother has a vintage Rolex Sub which is beat up pretty well, we are looking for a quality watchmaker in the Cleveland, OH area. I suggested RSC, but he doesn't want to send it their because he wants to maintain his "battle scars" and RSC probably wont do that ...

He prefers to stay local if possible ... so does anyone from around here have any suggestions???
AAP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
Norman Basch is in Cleveland he good don't know his companies name but he is awci certified check with them for contact info. Rikki
Rolex Parts Account Holder.
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2013, 12:41 PM   #3
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Norm's at Moment in Time

Retail Store is located at:
30596 Lorain Rd.
North Olmsted, Ohio 44070

Phone: (440) 777-TIME (8463)
Fax:(440) 777-3301
Email: sales@baschs.com
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2013, 01:39 PM   #4
AAP8
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC LN
Thanks for the suggestions ... I will call baschs.
AAP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2015, 10:42 PM   #5
albmich
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4k
After reading this thread I went to Baschs moment in time (which is where they send your Rolex for service if you take it to Kleinhenz). Norm was knowledgeable but the female at the desk didn't know much about Rolex, what they could and couldn't do with regards to work on the ceramic bezel and how much the service costs would be (for every question I asked she walked into the back to ask Norm and then came back to me with his answer.) I asked for a water pressure test and she spent amost 15-20 minutes inspecting my submariner with her loupe and writing down every scratch that was on my watch (there was basically none because I had just purchased it from a seller who had it newly finished). She then tossed the watch down on the hard-surfaced desk and scratched the crap out of it as she removed the springbars for the bracelet. She was also very rude and asked to see my authenticity card which I had with me but she was still very rude about it. When I picked up the watch 24hrs later there were several new large scratches on the bracelet. I'm not paranoid about scratches on my watch like some but it didn't make sense that she took such a long time to record every tiny hairline scratch on my watch and then they scratched the crap out of it and had nothing to say about it. Their price was reasonable at $55 for a wet pressure test.

Subsequently, I decided to go to Alson Jewelers in woodmere, OH and they were much more friendly and accommodating. They offered me a drink while I waited, the female sales rep allowed me to try on several two tone and yellow gold models and she was very knowledgeable and it was a treat to talk with her. Joshua the watchmaker personally came out to talk with me about my Rolex and he was incredibly intelligent and well spoken. He regulated my watch to within 1 second of what I had requested and when I came to pick up the watch, they told me I didn't owe anything. I highly recommend Alson (and after speaking with RSC New York, this is also who they recommended for all Rolex service work).
albmich is offline   Reply With Quote