The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30 March 2016, 01:08 PM   #391
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Boy let's just hope that the Chinese and everyone else doesn't get it from company X!
The Chinese got our nuclear weapons designs directly from Los Alamos, they won't need to go to Company X. The FBI will lose control of it long before Company X will.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:27 PM   #392
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
Wrong, really? That's an interesting perspective coming from someone who has admitted on several occasions not to know much about the topic.

We are all lucky that people like you are not in charge of our privacy and civli liberties. You actually think it made sense for the FBI to go this far over a work issued phone that belonged to a person who destroyed his personal phone before the attacks.

Common sense would clearly side with those saying that the important stuff was on the phone he destroyed.

Any no, you didn't know that my post was entirely pasted in order to help you along. That was clear based on your answers.
People like me? Yeah.... People like me.... People that served our country in war... People that have respect for the government and are not paranoid conspiracy theorists.... Glad you were not attacking me personally. So exactly who SHOULD be in charge of our laws and government? People like YOU? Well, to quote you... "WE are all lucky people like YOU are not in charge..." I will say a prayer of thanks for that tonight when I include one for those slaughtered human beings.

Go ahead, write whatever you want RR, you couldn't leave this as a discussion about opinions, I won't be responding. Frankly, you're not worth wasting my time.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:27 PM   #393
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Wrong, really? That's an interesting perspective coming from someone who has admitted on several occasions not to know much about the topic.

We are all lucky that people like you are not in charge of our privacy and civli liberties. You actually think it made sense for the FBI to go this far over a work issued phone that belonged to a person who destroyed his personal phone before the attacks.

Common sense would clearly side with those saying that the important stuff was on the phone he destroyed.

Any no, you didn't know that my post was entirely pasted in order to help you along. Thats clear based on the answers you wrote.
You sound very disrespectful, you're talking to someone who had the balls to fight for people like you to carry on and act disrespectful. Paul has fought for millions of peoples privacy and civil liberties as a member of the military. If it wasn't for someone like him, and many people in the military you would not be free to have these types of conversations.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:29 PM   #394
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
The Chinese got our nuclear weapons designs directly from Los Alamos, they won't need to go to Company X. The FBI will lose control of it long before Company X will.
Dam it Abdullah! I can't argue with anything you say tonight! Once again, you are probably right. IF, it didn't exist before company X made it, I sure hope it gets blocked, or fixed or whatever before any malicious acts are a result of it. We can all only pray for peace.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:31 PM   #395
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
You sound very disrespectful, you're talking to someone who had the balls to fight for people like you to carry on and act disrespectful. Paul has fought for millions of peoples privacy and civil liberties as a member of the military. If it wasn't for someone like him, and many people in the military you would not be free to have these types of conversations.
Thank you Jason, I appreciate your recognizing my service
Old 30 March 2016, 01:37 PM   #396
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Dam it Abdullah! I can't argue with anything you say tonight! Once again, you are probably right. IF, it didn't exist before company X made it, I sure hope it gets blocked, or fixed or whatever before any malicious acts are a result of it. We can all only pray for peace.
You guys can carry on this discussion next week in Vegas under the watchful eye of who knows?? Bring your RFID wallets and turn off your smart phone. (And don't forget your tin hat)
Old 30 March 2016, 01:40 PM   #397
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
You guys can carry on this discussion next week in Vegas under the watchful eye of who knows?? Bring your RFID wallets and turn off your smart phone. (And don't forget your tin hat)
Ok, despite the fact of me being disappointed I can't get in to an argument with you tonight, that post made me laugh out loud! Nice one.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:56 PM   #398
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I have the utmost respect for those who serve in the military. Serving in them military doesn't guarantee they're right about everything, let alone anything.

Lets keep things in perspective.
Old 30 March 2016, 01:58 PM   #399
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
People like me? Yeah.... People like me.... People that served our country in war... People that have respect for the government and are not paranoid conspiracy theorists.... Glad you were not attacking me personally. So exactly who SHOULD be in charge of our laws and government? People like YOU? Well, to quote you... "WE are all lucky people like YOU are not in charge..." I will say a prayer of thanks for that tonight when I include one for those slaughtered human beings.

Go ahead, write whatever you want RR, you couldn't leave this as a discussion about opinions, I won't be responding. Frankly, you're not worth wasting my time.
There we go! Because you served in the military you can throw out personal attacks but too good to receive them? Lets get one thing straight; You served in the military and that's wonderful and I'm sure a day doesn't go by where you aren't thanked or remind people to thank you - but don't confuse that with actually writing or interpreting law or the constitution.

So again, I stand by my statement. Thank God you aren't in charge of our civil liberties or rights to privacy. You already posted that Apple should just give them what they wanted without due process OR the FBI providing any evidence of an eminent threat coming from information on that phone. But yea, thanks for the service
Old 30 March 2016, 06:32 PM   #400
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure a day doesn't go by where you aren't thanked or remind people to thank you
So, a day doesn't go by where I don't REMIND people to thank me for serving? Every single day, I tell people (I guess whether I know them or not) that I flew combat missions over Iraq and that they need to say: "Thank You" to me? And you know this of me.... How exactly? Your mind is... ... ...

I am insulted by this statement sir, but I won't harbor any anger. The only emotion I feel towards you is pity...

Oops! But I do owe you an apology Mr. RR. I said I would not respond to anymore of your attacks. I am sincerely sorry, I promise this is my last.
Old 30 March 2016, 06:52 PM   #401
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
So, a day doesn't go by where I don't REMIND people to thank me for serving? Every single day, I tell people (I guess whether I know them or not) that I flew combat missions over Iraq and that they need to say: "Thank You" to me? And you know this of me.... How exactly? Your mind is... ... ...

I am insulted by this statement sir, but I won't harbor any anger. The only emotion I feel towards you is pity...

Oops! But I do owe you an apology Mr. RR. I said I would not respond to anymore of your attacks. I am sincerely sorry, I promise this is my last.
Carlos once gave me good advice - squash it. The two of you aren't going to agree, so why keep publicly flailing each other? Especially, why get so personal?

Dignity and respect is the order of the day. Agree to disagree and move on.
Old 30 March 2016, 06:56 PM   #402
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Carlos once gave me good advice - squash it. The two of you aren't going to agree, so why keep publicly flailing each other? Especially, why get so personal?

I already have Abdullah, it's not worth wasting my time.

Darn it! Can't you say something I don't agree with!!!! I was SO looking forward to getting in to an argument with you tonight! You ruined my evening.. Say something about me being ugly. Well, never mind, couldn't argue that either.
Old 30 March 2016, 07:26 PM   #403
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

wow, apple comes out the BIG LOSER here.

not only did they impede the investigation, but their equipment isn't that secure, anyway, and, thanks to this drama, everyone knows it.

apple should have just cooperated, trumpeted itself as working with the government to track down terrorists, and no one would have blinked an eye....
Old 30 March 2016, 07:50 PM   #404
WRwatchATL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neighborhood
I honestly think this was a win for both sides of the argument.

On one hand, the FBI were not able to force a company into doing something that they were morally opposed to (whether you agree with the moral compass in this particular circumstance is, in my opinion, irrelevant).

The FBI then pursued alternative methods with someone WILLING to perform these tasks. The information will be obtained and hopefully is used to save countless lives. But the tasks were completed in a capitalistic manner- if one person won't do it, then just ask another one. A manner which provides choices and options.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old 30 March 2016, 07:51 PM   #405
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
wow, apple comes out the BIG LOSER here.

not only did they impede the investigation, but their equipment isn't that secure, anyway, and, thanks to this drama, everyone knows it.

apple should have just cooperated, trumpeted itself as working with the government to track down terrorists, and no one would have blinked an eye....
I don't see Apple losing much ground on this, the iPhone 7 will still sell like wildfire.

They didn't impede an investigation (which is a crime BTW), they stood fast to the law when the FBI was trying to create a new de facto law (bypassing congress).

How do I know? No one at Apple was arrested or subpoenaed. If they impeded a murder investigation with national security implications there would have been harsh action. This was all quite genteel.

The FBI didn't have a slam dunk chance of winning this in court and ran for the hills at the first opportunity. The ACLU was chasing it, which should put the issue in some context. The new precedent will be resistance from the tech companies until the courts define the envelope. It's not over, just delayed until the next case arises.
Old 30 March 2016, 08:29 PM   #406
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Great idea. Closed
Closed Thread