The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 January 2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Rolex Lover

Watch: Submariner 16610 M
Icon20 Registering My Rolex Online

Is there a way to register my Rolex with its serial online in my name? I think that this will prevent or minimize selling stolen or lost Rolexes officially.

Thanks,
Ahmed
Old 29 January 2009, 10:19 AM   #2
Whiskey
Banned

Watch: Deepsea
The only institution able to do this would be Rolex Headoffices world-wide.

Unfortunately, you'd have to either walk in there or send the watch in.

Registration is guaranteed if you are the original owner of the watch with your name on the warrantee card/paper. All you would need to do is drop it off for regulation within that 2-year warrantee period and they'll do what they did in my case, and that's take your warrantee card, photocopy it, and enter it into their computer data-base with your name, address, phone-number etc etc.

If you are not the 1st owner, Rolex will not register you into their system because there are so many of these things in the world and they get traded/sold, etc etc so often that it would be too much work.

If you really want Rolex to register you, buy new and send it in (for something, anything) within the first 2 years.
Old 29 January 2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Rolex Lover

Watch: Submariner 16610 M
Thanks a lot for your kind concern, Whisky. I bought my Sub from a subdealer in Cairo, Egypt in April, 2008. The watch was brand new, unworn and locked with plastic. The credit card size gurantee carries the name of the dealer in Greece and dated March, 2008. Do you think that this will work for registeration?

Thanks,
Ahmed
Old 29 January 2009, 10:33 AM   #4
kokovovoru
"TRF" Member

Where we can do this in the U.S.???? Thank you.
Old 29 January 2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Whiskey
Banned

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Lover View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind concern, Whisky. I bought my Sub from a subdealer in Cairo, Egypt in April, 2008. The watch was brand new, unworn and locked with plastic. The credit card size gurantee carries the name of the dealer in Greece and dated March, 2008. Do you think that this will work for registeration?

Thanks,
Ahmed
Was the dealer you purchased the watch from a registered Rolex dealer? If so and the 2-year warrantee has not yet expired, go to the nearest Rolex Headquarters.

In order for them to register the watch, they need a reason to take your information down. One of the easiest ways is to tell them the watch is not keeping very good time and that it needs to be regulated. When they take it from you, they'll ask you for the warrantee papers to certify that the watch is within the 2-year warrantee period for free service because otherwise, they would charge you for it.

Hopefully they can regulate it while you wait. They may ask you to come back at a later date to pick the watch up depending on how many other watches they have that they are working on.

Rolex will not take your information down without there being a reason for doing so. There has to be a reason why you are there.

In my case, the bracelet on my SD was defective. As this was found during the first few years of ownership, I had a valid reason for them to take the watch in and look at it. In the end I received a new bracelet and my info was registered into their computer system.

As for the question where in the USA can you get this done. You can only get it done at Rolex New York City, Rolex of Beverly Hills California, and Rolex Dallas Texas.
Old 29 January 2009, 12:04 PM   #6
kokovovoru
"TRF" Member

thank you very much for the information
Old 30 August 2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Lexx
"TRF" Member

Thanks very helpful information.
Old 30 August 2013, 04:30 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Lover View Post

Thanks,
Ahmed
The only time any Rolex watch is what you call registered is when its sent into any RSC for service.And said watch when serviced does not have to be the owner of the watch.But the name supplied for the service will be in the Rolex data base Rolex watches do not have to be registered.If they had to like you say register every single one with the many many millions of Rolex watches made over the years it would be a full time job.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 30 August 2013, 11:58 PM   #9
joe100
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
Necro thread
Old 31 August 2013, 12:11 AM   #10
Brandon(phila)
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Get it insured on your homeowners or separate jewelry policy
...if it gets lost or stolen...just get a new one
Old 31 August 2013, 12:15 AM   #11
ltmgeller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
From what I have read here and on other threads, Rolex registration only works domestically. A watch may be registered to you in your country, but there will be no record of it oversees.
Old 16 December 2013, 10:53 PM   #12
guitarist363
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
THIS IS A MUST READ.
Thankyou.
Closed Thread