The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 July 2021, 01:28 AM   #1
Eddyrelik
"TRF" Member

Advise Finding Late Fathers’ Watch (Datejust 16013)

Hi all. New to the world of Rolex, hoping to get some help and advise on finding my late fathers’ watch for a respectable price for best quality. It was his first Rolex he bought with his fiirst success, wore it for 30+ years. Through ups and downs, always had it. Even had to use as collateral for loan once for another business but he did get it back. Lot of history. Later gifted it to me when In my mid 20s, and sadly somehow I lost it. Never forgave myself. He passed away 4 years ago and I always said when I am able to I will find his watch and fill the gap I have felt ever since.

After much digging, I have determined his watch was a Datejust 16013, he got it around 1980-1981, Steel and Gold, with Silver dial.

I found it on bobs watches. Tried to post the link but says I can’t until I have more posts. It’s listed at $5,495.

But I don’t know much about this site or if this is reputable, a good price, overpriced? or should I keep looking elsewhere? I saw one sold on the forums here 6 months ago or so for $2k less.

Also I’m not sure if there are other options/features that I should be checking other than the ones I listed above.

Greatly appreciate any knowledge, recommendations and advice on this search. Thanks
Eddyrelik is offline   Reply With Quote