The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 January 2024, 04:11 AM   #61
Audevache
"TRF" Member

I heard rumors that the stamped guillochage dial will be expanded from the SS to the PM codes.
Audevache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 04:29 AM   #62
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audevache View Post
I heard rumors that the stamped guillochage dial will be expanded from the SS to the PM codes.
Doesn't the 38mm Code already use that dial as well? I guess expanding it to the 41mm PM models as a Code signature would make sense.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 05:03 AM   #63
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Doesn't the 38mm Code already use that dial as well? I guess expanding it to the 41mm PM models as a Code signature would make sense.
Yes, the two new 38mm models do have the new dial as well.

And it makes sense, the relatively flat dials plus the funky numbers were always the weakest point of the initial Codes to me. Not sure if the stamped dials will be used in the high complication Codes as well.
Audevache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 05:09 AM   #64
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Dear AP, please bring back the salmon WG jumbo.
This
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 06:14 AM   #65
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

I would really love to see a redone version of the ghost in 43mm or some color scheme that would go well with a whole bunch of straps (white, yellow, black, orange, red, teal, etc.).

A navy blue 41mm ceramic perpetual would be really cool (along with a return of the white).

I would also advocate stopping production on the double balance open work for 3 or 5 years. Would make it even hotter on he secondary market at a time with that market is on the way down. It has also become too popular on insta.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 07:39 AM   #66
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
I would really love to see a redone version of the ghost in 43mm or some color scheme that would go well with a whole bunch of straps (white, yellow, black, orange, red, teal, etc.).

A navy blue 41mm ceramic perpetual would be really cool (along with a return of the white).

I would also advocate stopping production on the double balance open work for 3 or 5 years. Would make it even hotter on he secondary market at a time with that market is on the way down. It has also become too popular on insta.

I hope they do either the navy blue or white CE QP. I would be begging for an allocation.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 08:28 AM   #67
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You should just buy a ghost and get the plots changed to fit on adjustable straps. Much cheaper and you get the OG ghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 10:03 AM   #68
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Works for me
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 12 January 2024, 12:07 PM   #69
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napaswar View Post
Sound interesting on 15407 with YG.
So, will the SS version be upgraded too?
I was only told there would be a new double balanced YG coming out 2025, along with the sand gold QP. but someone above mentioned they are 2024 releases, which would be even better. I would assume if they have a new movement for YG, the ST would be updated as well.
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 01:47 PM   #70
michaelyang601
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
I was only told there would be a new double balanced YG coming out 2025, along with the sand gold QP. but someone above mentioned they are 2024 releases, which would be even better. I would assume if they have a new movement for YG, the ST would be updated as well.
Perhaps it will call “16407”?
michaelyang601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 01:08 AM   #71
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
You should just buy a ghost and get the plots changed to fit on adjustable straps. Much cheaper and you get the OG ghost

Just curious…have you tried on one of the new 43s and the version you are taking about (the original ghost)?

They wear soooo different and the new 43 is so much better
Old 13 January 2024, 01:32 AM   #72
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just curious…have you tried on one of the new 43s and the version you are taking about (the original ghost)?

They wear soooo different and the new 43 is so much better

Yes I have both (old ghost and new 43s). Agree they wear different but with the size difference, I find size wise they’re about the same

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 02:13 AM   #73
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
I believe we will see a new alloy -Sand Gold
Quote:
I did hear the same thing about the sand gold
Quote:
I was only told there would be a new double balanced YG coming out 2025, along with the sand gold QP.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this what you are referring to when you mention ‘sand gold’?

https://romanfeel.com/south-africa-t...-gold-vs-gold/

The difference between sand gold and gold
1, The purity is different: the main difference between sand and gold is the purity. Sand gold is raw gold; the gold content is not high. Gold is a metal in chemical elements; gold is softer in texture and is one of the precious metals with more robust corrosion resistance; gold contains different purity of gold, and sand gold belongs to one kind of gold.

2, The origin is different: sand gold is often produced in the river bottom or low-lying areas, and stone sand mixed must be panned to get gold. At the same time, gold is produced in ores and mines.

3, Color is different: gold and sand gold colors are also different. The size and shape of the sand gold particles vary, and the color is different because of the paint; more than 90% is red yellow, 80% is light yellow, and 70% is greenish yellow. The gold color is golden yellow.

4, The hardness is different: the hardness of the foot gold and human nails is not very different; the higher the purity of gold, the lower the hardness, and vice versa; if the more impurities in gold, the more complex the hardness will be, the gold purity of sand gold is very low, the hardness is also very high, very not easy to deformation.

5, The price is different: the sale of gold is divided into sales by grams and the cost of gold; the purity of gold is different, and the price is also very diverse, for the purity of the gold will have apparent standards and labeling, such as 18K gold containing 75% gold can not be labeled as full gold jewelry, but the price of sand gold is not divided, for the amount of gold content, there is absolutely no evident labeling.

Whether it is South African tin gold or Vietnam sand gold is kind of gold content is relatively low raw gold has not been purified as a sort of plain gold, there is no significant difference between the two; some people say Vietnam sand gold is good, some people say South African tin gold good, in fact, the same, because after made into jewelry is very similar to gold, the naked eye can not tell. Both will become darker after a long time with gold; the public service life is 2-3 years.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 07:18 AM   #74
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but is this what you are referring to when you mention ‘sand gold’?

1, The purity is different: the main difference between sand and gold is the purity. Sand gold is raw gold; the gold content is not high. Gold is a metal in chemical elements; gold is softer in texture and is one of the precious metals with more robust corrosion resistance; gold contains different purity of gold, and sand gold belongs to one kind of gold.

2, The origin is different: sand gold is often produced in the river bottom or low-lying areas, and stone sand mixed must be panned to get gold. At the same time, gold is produced in ores and mines.

3, Color is different: gold and sand gold colors are also different. The size and shape of the sand gold particles vary, and the color is different because of the paint; more than 90% is red yellow, 80% is light yellow, and 70% is greenish yellow. The gold color is golden yellow.

4, The hardness is different: the hardness of the foot gold and human nails is not very different; the higher the purity of gold, the lower the hardness, and vice versa; if the more impurities in gold, the more complex the hardness will be, the gold purity of sand gold is very low, the hardness is also very high, very not easy to deformation.

5, The price is different: the sale of gold is divided into sales by grams and the cost of gold; the purity of gold is different, and the price is also very diverse, for the purity of the gold will have apparent standards and labeling, such as 18K gold containing 75% gold can not be labeled as full gold jewelry, but the price of sand gold is not divided, for the amount of gold content, there is absolutely no evident labeling.

Whether it is South African tin gold or Vietnam sand gold is kind of gold content is relatively low raw gold has not been purified as a sort of plain gold, there is no significant difference between the two; some people say Vietnam sand gold is good, some people say South African tin gold good, in fact, the same, because after made into jewelry is very similar to gold, the naked eye can not tell. Both will become darker after a long time with gold; the public service life is 2-3 years.
I think when they says sand gold, it means the frosted gold?
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 09:58 AM   #75
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post

Holy smokes. Learned a lot there. Thanks.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 10:31 AM   #76
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
I think when they says sand gold, it means the frosted gold?

It is a new alloy 18 carat “sand gold”, lighter colour resembling sand. Hard to explain but looks very interesting and subtle

Also 26240 in YG w smoked YG dial in April perhaps…

Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 11:51 AM   #77
edo
"TRF" Member

Hope it will not be shitty like Hublot magic gold... which is technically great alloy, but I can't stand the color...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 12:30 PM   #78
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is a new alloy 18 carat “sand gold”, lighter colour resembling sand. Hard to explain but looks very interesting and subtle

That's interesting to note. Sand gold... Hmmm... Can't wait to see it. And 26240 in YG with YG dial??? Sounds similar to the 16202BA isn't it? With the addition of chrono of cos.
Old 13 January 2024, 01:26 PM   #79
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Hope it will not be shitty like Hublot magic gold... which is technically great alloy, but I can't stand the color...
First time I heard of "magic gold", had to google some pictures. "Scratchproof" sounds cool, too bad the color is rubbish.
Old 13 January 2024, 01:27 PM   #80
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If the sand gold is as subtle as described and how it looks in pictures, then the 15407 dial won’t pop as much :(
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 01:33 PM   #81
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Any place online to see pictures or read about? Or is this all insider info?
Old 13 January 2024, 01:44 PM   #82
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
If the sand gold is as subtle as described and how it looks in pictures, then the 15407 dial won’t pop as much :(
Sand gold is for the updated QP. Updated double balance is YG. YG chrono would be nice as well
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 02:57 PM   #83
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sand gold is for the updated QP. Updated double balance is YG. YG chrono would be nice as well
Ah, okay, that’s a different story. Thanks for clarifying.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 07:08 PM   #84
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
That's interesting to note. Sand gold... Hmmm... Can't wait to see it. And 26240 in YG with YG dial??? Sounds similar to the 16202BA isn't it? With the addition of chrono of cos.

Yes, it’s the same colour configuration at the 16202BA.

Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 12:53 AM   #85
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, it’s the same colour configuration at the 16202BA.

That's a winner combination!
Old 14 January 2024, 01:02 AM   #86
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
First time I heard of "magic gold", had to google some pictures. "Scratchproof" sounds cool, too bad the color is rubbish.
Yes, the color is very ugly... guy from my country was lead engineer in creating magic gold, he is not in watch industry anymore... and Hublot is still in materials R&D way above and ahead of most brands...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 06:46 AM   #87
AHG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Music Edition looks really big in 43... looking at Hodinke Talking watches, even the ceramic one which is supposed to visually looks smaller seemed big on a 6'8 basketball player... I'm positive that 37mm looks way better on majority of men's wrists... can't wait for 2024 releases...
Yup. Tried on both at the AP House. 37mm was great. I'm hoping more ROO's in 37 are made. Otherwise the ROO is just too big for my smaller wrists though I was surprised that they fit better than I thought in 42mm. Also, if they do go 37mm again, they should have better than 50m water resistance.
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2024, 11:09 PM   #88
Jmaguire17
"TRF" Member

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...D626CR.01.html

New concept for ladies
Jmaguire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 01:04 AM   #89
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaguire17 View Post

Another LE... Getting the distinct Omega Speedy vibe at this point
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 01:31 AM   #90
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaguire17 View Post
Pretty cool. Also, how would a concept not be LE?