The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 January 2023, 11:22 PM   #1
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Date change at midnight (ish)

Sorry for the stupid question but interested to know the answer to this one. I’m sure it’s been asked and discussed before but I’m not getting much of use out of the search function.

Other automatic watches I’ve had in the past show the date changing very gradually around midnight. Eg an old Tag I have, it’s evident the date wheel is moving from about 23.50 then it clicks through the last of the actual change at 00.02.

My current model (Explorer II 226570 so 3285 movement) doesn’t move at all until about 00.06 then changes very suddenly.

Is this something thats generally accepted and what causes it? eg a slight misalignment or design of the movement and how far out would be expected? I’ve had the watch a month and it’s only about 2 seconds off my iPhone over 30 days from initially setting it so surprised the date change is so much less precise. (Not that I desperately need to know the date in those 6 minutes but just interested!)
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote