The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #61
Bulldog21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/BLRO/SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

If it helps at all the watch is a bit overrated.
You make this statement as if it were fact, however whether something is overrated or not, is matter of opinion.
Bulldog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #62
Ankama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1968 Sub 5513
Sorry to hear about the disappointment. Its amazing to hear the stories how badly potential customers willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars are treated. I can't think of any other industry like that.

In your posting, you stated that your AD had also received in the same shipment a sub, Hulk and Batman and Root Beer in addition to the Daytona. That's a great shipment. Is this a sign that SS watches are starting to be shipped out ?
Ankama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 02:28 AM   #63
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't say it is the Sales person fault ... looks like the manager wanted to make some else happy - you seem to be a good client, take your business elsewhere , you will make another AD happy bringing some new business in.
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 04:31 AM   #64
WatchWizards
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date 40 RG
Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
Hopefully they'll make it right the next time.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WatchWizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 12:56 AM   #65
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
I wouldn't say it is the Sales person fault ... looks like the manager wanted to make some else happy - you seem to be a good client, take your business elsewhere , you will make another AD happy bringing some new business in.

+1,,,,take your hard earned elsewhere,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 01:48 AM   #66
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
I'd move on to another AD now! My AD and SA is genuinely honest and doesn't play these games. I have gotten my Patek 5167a, 5711, and Rolex 116500ln all from them with zero games just being patient all within 1 year.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 02:01 AM   #67
zman
"TRF" Member

Mistakes do happen. Like some are saying here, I'd go in person and talk to the manager.

More than likely, the next incoming Daytona will be yours. :)
zman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 02:37 AM   #68
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
It's a let down for sure and of course the salesperson should not have called you before the sale was approved. I agree going in face to face and see if they have a change of heart. I wouldn't burn any bridges.
I know when I got my black Daytona C there were other salespeople at the AD that were mad the owner had decided to sell it to me. I think the salespeople find themselves competing with each other to sway their managers and owners.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 02:45 AM   #69
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I didn’t make a huge fuss about it. I just told the salesman he really disappointed my wife and I am the one dodging the bullets. I asked him nicely to please not call me about a watch again unless he is 100 percent sure about it. I must stress this is the normal chain of stores I use but not the exact store. My normal salesman would not do that to me ever
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 03:20 AM   #70
saskmh
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately this seams to be the norm these days. I have had buyers and sellers suddenly change their minds on used Rolex's as well... After the deal is made and its time to hand over the goods. It's just part of the game now.

That said, If the salesman just made a mistake by not clearing it with the manager, I don't see any reason to change dealers. yes it is frustration but it happens.
Old 24 January 2019, 03:37 AM   #71
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
It's my understanding from what I was told that when a desirable professional piece comes in. Each sales advisor pitches their manager on why a particular client or someone on their waitlist should get
the piece. Then the descion is made only with the managers approval on who gets it and calls are made in an order just in case someone passes on a piece.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 03:46 AM   #72
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
It's my understanding from what I was told that when a desirable professional piece comes in. Each sales advisor pitches their manager on why a particular client or someone on their waitlist should get
the piece. Then the descion is made only with the managers approval on who gets it and calls are made in an order just in case someone passes on a piece.
That's what I've been told as well. My SA basically told me that if I ask him for a reference that's in high demand then he will try for me but he needs my word that I won't back out. Because he has only one shot and whichever of his clients that he goes to bat for is his chance to make his commission.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 03:50 AM   #73
mrblue
"TRF" Member

Time to grow up.
mrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 04:09 AM   #74
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
I find this hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue View Post
Time to grow up.
true.
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 08:49 AM   #75
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
So many variables can come into play here when these things are "allocated".......who knows what really happens!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 09:08 AM   #76
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I would say stop shopping at Bachendorf's, but you already have a strong relationship with them, although this transaction didn't go well for you.

Many years ago I had a very bad experience at Bachendorf's, bad enough that I got a call from Lawrence Bock. Even though the call went well, I'll probably never step foot in their stores again.

I would rather give my money to Richard Eiseman in NorthPark.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 09:17 AM   #77
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Time for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblue View Post
Time to grow up.
If directed at me then time for you to grow up and get off my post
Old 24 January 2019, 09:20 AM   #78
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.thomas View Post
I would say stop shopping at Bachendorf's, but you already have a strong relationship with them, although this transaction didn't go well for you.

Many years ago I had a very bad experience at Bachendorf's, bad enough that I got a call from Lawrence Bock. Even though the call went well, I'll probably never step foot in their stores again.

I would rather give my money to Richard Eiseman in NorthPark.

They were not very nice to me at northpark My normal bachendorf is very nice
Old 24 January 2019, 09:31 AM   #79
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Mistakes do happen. Like some are saying here, I'd go in person and talk to the manager.

More than likely, the next incoming Daytona will be yours. :)
Seriously doubt manager cares, I’m sure manager knows what op was told but does not give a crap. He is looking out for his vip clients. Each AD makes up their own rules, some ship, don’t ship, bundle, buy some ear rings, Etc. I’m sure OP is frustrated but it’s unfortunately the current market. I would take my business elsewhere.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 09:32 AM   #80
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
They were not very nice to me at northpark My normal bachendorf is very nice
My bad experience was at the Galleria, not Preston Center. But after what they just did to you, I'm not eager to shop at PC either.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 09:34 AM   #81
Lou wants a Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust 36
I don’t care how much I wanted something. I would not bow down to someone like this. In my younger years yes. Not now. Age teaches you things.
Lou wants a Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 03:42 PM   #82
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member

wow, never felt out of breath from reading before this lol
PatronMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2019, 11:08 PM   #83
mml4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
That happened to me with a blue Sky dweller said I didn’t putchase any jewelry with them so they wouldn’t sell me the watch. Also said if I bought the white they wouldn’t sell me the blue so here I am no Sky dweller. I’ve spent over 30k on Rolex’s with them in 18.
Having spent 40K in the previous 15 months I'm standing at the counter with my wife sizing her new Diamond Six purchased at this AD. I ask to put my name on the Daytona SS list and the sales associate, with my wife's watch in her hand matter of factly says "You will never be able to buy the Daytona from us".

Needless to say they will never see any more of my business. In a way I am grateful for the experience as it forced me to find another AD from whom I have bought three Rolex since the above incident. I can assure you there is no more perverse pleasure than walking in to the first AD, trying on a watch, leaving only to return several weeks later wearing the tried on reference purchased elsewhere.
mml4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 12:02 AM   #84
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Live and let live. Sorry to hear about your situation. +1,,,,take your hard earned elsewhere,,,
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote