The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 January 2023, 10:10 PM   #121
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Have a chance to try on the Tonda PF automatic today.

I really like how it wear and hug my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 05:21 AM   #122
csong825
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Just picked this up in a trade. Very impressed with the fit and finish. I’m still not sure if the watch is too big for my 16 cm wrist. It feels like it fits well but it looks big because of the minimalist bezel and dial. I have the option of trading this in for the 36 mm version but there are no ADs near me so I can’t try it on. I get the sense that the 36 mm may look better on me and I like the no date but prefer the movement, dial color, and thinness of the 40 mm. Would appreciate anyone’s input, especially if you’ve had the chance to try both.

csong825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 12:06 AM   #123
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
My wrist is a little bit smaller than you. (15cm)

I like 36mm better as it show more bracelet while wearing.

Here is another pics of 36mm.

Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 03:56 AM   #124
csong825
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakjuventus View Post

Thanks! Those pics are beautiful and the watch looks great on you. Love your IG page as well. How do you like the dial color? Does the lack of contrast bother you at all? Not sure if you compared side by side with the 40 mm but is it noticeably thicker (or as noticeable as 0.8 mm can be…)?

I must say, this watch is the most comfortable watch I have ever tried on. It just wraps around your wrist like it was made specifically for you. I think most people could wear both sizes. The 36 mm gives you a more refined, elegant look; 40 mm a sportier vibe. Leaning towards keeping the 40 mm at this point but really appreciate the input.

Old 12 January 2023, 07:01 AM   #125
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakjuventus View Post

Looks absolutely perfect on your wrists.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 08:54 AM   #126
serenerabbit
Banned

Watch: VTNR
These 36mm are so nice. The diamond dial the most subtle I've seen. And they are baguettes! Mind blowing but add about 30% to the price over the standard, which is exceptional also. Amazing.
serenerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 11:28 AM   #127
AG23
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=csong825;12559421]Just picked this up in a trade. Very impressed with the fit and finish. I’m still not sure if the watch is too big for my 16 cm wrist. It feels like it fits well but it looks big because of the minimalist bezel and dial. I have the option of trading this in for the 36 mm version but there are no ADs near me so I can’t try it on. I get the sense that the 36 mm may look better on me and I like the no date but prefer the movement, dial color, and thinness of the 40 mm. Would appreciate anyone’s input, especially if you’ve had the chance to try both.

Close up pics always distort the look of the watch on your wrist. I think, as the second pic shows, the 40 suits you and fits perfectly. You have no lug overhang and can easily see bracelet on both sides.

I’d keep the 40mm if I was you.

Beautiful pick up- congratulations
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 11:57 AM   #128
csong825
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=AG23;12561365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csong825 View Post
Just picked this up in a trade. Very impressed with the fit and finish. I’m still not sure if the watch is too big for my 16 cm wrist. It feels like it fits well but it looks big because of the minimalist bezel and dial. I have the option of trading this in for the 36 mm version but there are no ADs near me so I can’t try it on. I get the sense that the 36 mm may look better on me and I like the no date but prefer the movement, dial color, and thinness of the 40 mm. Would appreciate anyone’s input, especially if you’ve had the chance to try both.

Close up pics always distort the look of the watch on your wrist. I think, as the second pic shows, the 40 suits you and fits perfectly. You have no lug overhang and can easily see bracelet on both sides.

I’d keep the 40mm if I was you.

Beautiful pick up- congratulations

Thank you! Appreciate the reassurance. I’ve decided to keep the 40 mm. Now time to finally enjoy the watch!

If anyone is on the fence about this watch or thinks it’s too boring, I strongly encourage you to just try it on. The fit and feel of the watch on the wrist is just unmatched.

Old 12 January 2023, 04:02 PM   #129
buggravy
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=csong825;12561407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG23 View Post

Thank you! Appreciate the reassurance. I’ve decided to keep the 40 mm. Now time to finally enjoy the watch!

If anyone is on the fence about this watch or thinks it’s too boring, I strongly encourage you to just try it on. The fit and feel of the watch on the wrist is just unmatched.

I think you made the right call. I don't think the watch looks too big on you in the slightest. I wear the same piece on my only slightly larger 16.5cm wrist, and for me it's just perfect, especially with the low profile and how it just seems to melt across the wrist. It really is a special piece.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 10:22 PM   #130
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I don’t have a micro rotor version but I completely agree with the statements about how awesome these PF versions are. Beautiful well executed watches. My only grip is the execution of the date window but everything else makes me forget that grip.
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2023, 10:33 PM   #131
Rushne

Watch: White 116500LN
Have to resurrect this thread…
How are people loving their Pf’s?

I have known of Parmigiani for many many years now. The first time seeing them in Dubai when transiting through the air port in 2013 or so.

I liked the finishing but the style was just not for me.

Now having heard the Guido joined and is really cleaning up the design and bringing so much passion and probably even more marketing. It’s really something else now.

I fly to Geneva next week and am hoping to see a micro rotor and or GMT in the flesh/metal.

Omega: Seamaster Professional 300M 2220.80.00
Rolex: Daytona White Dial 116500LN
Rolex: Sky-Dweller Blue Dial Jubilee 336934
Rolex: DateJust 36 Roman White Dial Oyster 126234
Rolex: OP 36 Celebration Dial 126000
Panerai: PAM 422
Patek Philippe: Aquanaut 5167A
A. Lange & Söhne: 1815 Annual Calendar

@mechanicaltom Stolen: IWC Portuguese 500107 Case number 3853222
Rushne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 02:34 AM   #132
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushne View Post

I have known of Parmigiani for many many years now. The first time seeing them in Dubai when transiting through the air port in 2013 or so.

Now having heard the Guido joined and is really cleaning up the design and bringing so much passion and probably even more marketing. It’s really something else now.

I fly to Geneva next week and am hoping to see a micro rotor and or GMT in the flesh/metal.
the small tweaks they've done for the PF line in my opinion made a big difference. I hate sounding like an audiophile discussing cables making a big difference but little tweaks here and there have really made the watches much more appealing. kinda interested if they're going to do things to work on the toric line as well
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2023, 09:21 PM   #133
Rushne

Watch: White 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
the small tweaks they've done for the PF line in my opinion made a big difference. I hate sounding like an audiophile discussing cables making a big difference but little tweaks here and there have really made the watches much more appealing. kinda interested if they're going to do things to work on the toric line as well
Haha I know what you mean.

I’m so exhausted with how hard it is to buy my next Patek at retail again. It’s pushed me to investigate further and this Tonda PF is just the thing.

Omega: Seamaster Professional 300M 2220.80.00
Rolex: Daytona White Dial 116500LN
Rolex: Sky-Dweller Blue Dial Jubilee 336934
Rolex: DateJust 36 Roman White Dial Oyster 126234
Rolex: OP 36 Celebration Dial 126000
Panerai: PAM 422
Patek Philippe: Aquanaut 5167A
A. Lange & Söhne: 1815 Annual Calendar

@mechanicaltom Stolen: IWC Portuguese 500107 Case number 3853222
Rushne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 03:17 AM   #134
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by csong825 View Post

Beautiful watch. I have the same wrist size and even though the 36mm fit was perfect I'm thinking of going with the 40mm. Love the micro rotor and the 40mm still fits well.
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 10:59 AM   #135
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

I've been well pleased with mine and continue to wear it on a regular basis. My only suggestion for improvement would be the introduction of a micro-adjust for the bracelet. The links are very small which does help get a good fit, but a micro-adjust would check the last box for me.

It's interesting to see how Guido has grown this line over the last several years. If you go back and listen to his interviews when the original PF micro-rotor came out it was evident then that he had a plan and he has been implementing it beautifully. I don't think they are done and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 11:54 AM   #136
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

I find this watch nearly perfect from a visual balance standpoint......when I say nearly, I'm referring to the band. Is it me or does it just feel too wide without enough taper?

Send me over the edge on this bad boy! I think we're early to the revival of this brand too--wouldn't mind seeing some additional dial colors!
Fedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 11:48 PM   #137
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushne View Post

Coming up on the 1-year mark with mine, and still absolutely loving it. From a styling/aesthetic perspective I love that it's an integrated bracelet watch that isn't stylistically derivative of anything else. Comfort is off the charts. It's the watch that puts a little more bounce in my step than any other when I'm wearing it.
Old 11 April 2023, 05:45 AM   #138
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
Coming up on the 1-year mark with mine, and still absolutely loving it. From a styling/aesthetic perspective I love that it's an integrated bracelet watch that isn't stylistically derivative of anything else. Comfort is off the charts. It's the watch that puts a little more bounce in my step than any other when I'm wearing it.

What are your thoughts on the bracelet? Can it hang with the likes of ap or say the presidential bracelet from Rolex?

Fedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 02:57 PM   #139
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
What are your thoughts on the bracelet? Can it hang with the likes of ap or say the presidential bracelet from Rolex?

I find it exceptional, but I also don't have personal experience with the two you mention. It is supremely comfortable, and there's something about the way that it conforms to my wrist that I find I'm able to wear it with less slack than other bracelets so that it moves up and down my wrist less, and still have it feel more innocuous and less prone to feeling tight when my wrist swells. Some voodoo magic that leaves me with no want for a micro-adjust, and it's inherent compromises.
Old 11 April 2023, 02:57 PM   #140
buggravy
"TRF" Member

double post
Old 12 November 2023, 07:39 AM   #141
jlycyvr
"TRF" Member

Is there any aftermarket strap options for the 36mm? I asked the AD and there is no OEM straps. Having no option to slap on a strap would be a deal-breaker for me. thanks.
jlycyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 01:52 AM   #142
break
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlycyvr View Post
Is there any aftermarket strap options for the 36mm? I asked the AD and there is no OEM straps. Having no option to slap on a strap would be a deal-breaker for me. thanks.
None, apparently. Some people have tried out the PF Sport straps on the larger models, but PF designed the 36mm (and all Tonda PFs sold with bracelets) as bracelet watches.
break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 04:37 AM   #143
jlycyvr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
None, apparently. Some people have tried out the PF Sport straps on the larger models, but PF designed the 36mm (and all Tonda PFs sold with bracelets) as bracelet watches.
maybe that will change in the future or rubber b or delugs will come out with something (PF is probably too small a market though). until then it will just remain on my wish list :)
jlycyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 07:48 AM   #144
arnage
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by break View Post
Any links / pics for where the PF sport strap has been mounted onto the 40mm Tonda PF microrotor?... I was thinking of doing so, but wanted to see a picture before I went through with it.
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 01:19 PM   #145
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
There are four letters that kill PF microrotor: AP RO. The design is ~90% but someone needs to clean this up. Not my cup of tea in the current interpretation.

BTW, 40mm looks good on whoever was asking about 40mm vs 36mm. Stick with the 40mm - you can pull it off.
Old 26 March 2024, 08:52 AM   #146
"TRF" Member

I love this watch! I had a chance to try on the full platinum and as soon as I have a spare 100 grand it’s gonna be mine!!
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 09:23 AM   #147
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

The crown is too small
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 11:26 AM   #148
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
The crown is too small
Yea I always wondered if you could swap the crown. The time only watches for the PF have the tiny crown but all other ones with complications have a bigger one.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 09:01 AM   #149
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
The crown is too small

I found it a bit fickle too. Always wanted to bind so I got use to back threading before tightening it.
Old 12 April 2024, 09:25 AM   #150
WatchTimes

Watch: It's a Rolex!
I really like the No Date that was debuted at W&W but I just do not care for watches without a second hand, it just shows me the watch is working LOL
Sometimes its very relaxing when stressed out to throw in my air pods and watch the hand sweep.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote